2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Met the President and Convertible the same day

Old 01-31-2011, 09:17 AM

Met the President and Convertible the same day

As you may know I was given the opportunity of a lifetime. I was invited as a GM guest to attend the 2011 North American International Auto show (NAIAS) in Detroit.

What an AMAZING time! But... of course, I wanted more. I decided to return!

Originally I planned to meet some other Camaro enthusiasts and stay the night... however, funds were non existent. I decided I would drive up spend the day and return that evening. A long adventure but it turns out, it was well worth it!

WE did not get off to a good start. Our group of four quickly dwindled down to my fellow 5th gen owner, Jared and my self. Not to mention.. my car wouldn't start, a close accident call and running late. Finally we were on our way!!
About three hours and $40 in fuel we arrived. The show was just as fantastic as the first time! It wasn't the show that turned out to be the memorable part of the evening.

After the show we wondered along the frigid streets to the Renaissance Center. While admiring the CTS-V coupe on display in the lobby... an oddly familiar stranger walked past. I recognized him, chased him down and introduced my self. Just so happens I had Mikaela's visor with me.. and the GM North American President, Mark Reuss signed it right there in the lobby!

He reinforced what I had learned of GM at NAIAS.. about the kind, genuine, passionate individuals that work there.
In fact! he even remembered me .. not only visited my story (http://www.facesofgm.com/2011/01/20/...-1-camaro-fan/) but commented on it! What an honor. Thank you!

After the Ren Center we headed to dinner with some friends. I had no idea.. i was instore for yet another surprise!
As we approached the house I caught a glimpse of two Camaros in the drive.

One looked different...It was a red 2011 SS Convertible!! Top Down!!

Before our car could even come to a stop I was out the door.
I saw that they were going for a ride so I pleaded if I could go. Although, I think I may have already been half way in the car at that point!

One word. WOW!!!!!!
This car is awesome!!!
The ride quality was just as good as the coupe but you "feel the car more". I dont know if it was th roaring exhaust or the breeze but the experience was incomparable.
Well maybe breeze was an understatement.
Remember.. we are in Detroit.. its winter... hmm snow.. its below zero with the wind chill...
TOP Down and we are cruising!
Even though I couldn't feel 2/3rds of my body, it was worth it!
Another thing id like to add is how impressive it handled with just snow tires!
At first I thought I was going to die but i quickly found how planted it was.

Sadly the ride had to come to an end. If it were up to me I would have stayed till I were frost Bitten. The evening went on with lots of Camaro talk and the best home made dinner of my life! Oh, and Barret Jackson! Not just Barret Jackson but the 2011 Indy car being sold! what a great way to close the day!

Thank you everyone who made this possible!
It was a rough start... but in one extraordinary evening, I met the GM President and 2011 Camaro Convertible!

Christopher James Tribuzzo

Some videos of the Vert and NAIAS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCps9...?v=963nE-GoWJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zab9arMO3d0

Last edited by 20TEN_SS; 01-31-2011 at 09:21 AM.