2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edmunds.com says it's coming

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 02:16 AM

edmunds.com says it's coming

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108825

weren't they also the first to say their was a concept coming ??

Old 01-10-2006, 02:22 AM

Re: edmunds.com says it's coming

Of course nothing is final, but it's looking pretty damn obvious that GM wants to do this. I'd say you can bet on it.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:24 AM

OT I read at detnews that GM have entered into a partnership with edmunds relating to sticker prices...

Also today, GM is expected to announce a strategy to cut sticker prices on most of its models, an effort to wean customers off profit-eating incentives. As part of the announcement, GM is expected to detail a new partnership with Edmunds.com, a popular car-shopping Web site that will allow customers to easily compare GM vehicle sticker prices to those of its competitors.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Admin Emeritus

It is not official until it is official. When GM announces it or when there is a clear and direct quote through a credible source, then is when we will party.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:40 AM

Smile Re: edmunds.com says it's coming

lets wait till GM makes it official.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 AM

*looks at watch*
*taps foot*
*looks at watch*
*taps on watch*
Old 01-10-2006, 11:37 AM

No it's not official.....

But if anyone was in Detroit this weekend and thinks it's NOT coming.....oh, nevermind.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:13 PM

The question is not IF it's coming, IMO, but WHEN? GM has this huge ground swell of momentum right now, they should be fasttracking this car for a summer 2007 delivery. This car is hot right now, please do not let it cool down.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:14 PM

The more I see it- the more I want it! NOW!! Not 3-4 years !!

Do we have to wait until 2009 ??!! Cmon!! Thats outrageous !! That gives Muskstank 3 years to get ready, Dodge 3 years- and who knows maybe by then even Toyota will be offering a V-8 muscle car!!

I say: "Bob, put Scott in charge of everything that needs to be done to produce this car next year(he can call on volunteers from Camaroz28.com) !! Spring of 2007!! Think about the marketing gold of - 1967-2007 Maybe you missed the birth- but not the rebirth!! Oh yeah!!"

Hell I might be dead by 09! I hope not, cause I havnt heard of any dead people buying camaros...but you know what I mean!

BuilditnowBuilditnowBuilditnowBuilditnowBuilditnow BuilditnowBuilditnowBuildit!!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by 91Z28350
The question is not IF it's coming, IMO, but WHEN? GM has this huge ground swell of momentum right now, they should be fasttracking this car for a summer 2007 delivery. This car is hot right now, please do not let it cool down.
We can wait until 09. Build it right, the last thing the Camaro name needs is to have a rushed car that is not well executed hit showrooms. That would be a nail in the coffin that would never be reversed.

Let them take the extra time to do it right.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
We can wait until 09. Build it right, the last thing the Camaro name needs is to have a rushed car that is not well executed hit showrooms. That would be a nail in the coffin that would never be reversed.

Let them take the extra time to do it right.

They should have been working on getting it right as soon as Mustang was a hit, or even before. Aren't there any good corporate spies out there!!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by gobearzzgo
They should have been working on getting it right as soon as Mustang was a hit, or even before. Aren't there any good corporate spies out there!!
Yeah...shoulda, woulda, coulda.......

They should have done alot of things. But the important thing is, it's being worked on right now.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by gobearzzgo

considering we have a RUNNING, DRIVING prototype in front of us, trust me they have been working on it for a while.

I don't want to wait 2-3 years either, but I want it to have the same quality my last GMs had (2002 malibu ZERO quality probs, 2004 Envoy ZERO quality probs). I will wait for perfection. Being late to the party already, why not wait a little longer and be better?

IMHO, I think they could do it as a 2008 model, intro-ed late next year as a 08, but platform details and bean counters are probably goign to be what hold it up.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:32 PM

a reputable source from fbodyaddict.com, who was at the unvieling was shown a card of a GM exec reserving Vin #100. The GM exec said it would be built.

http://www.fbodyaddict.com/forum/for...22108&posts=10

While not a definite "yes" until we hear the official statement from GM, it's proof we have a good number of supporters inside GM that are fighting for this car to be produced. If they're reserving VIN's, I'd hope that's a good sign that the car has a fighting chance.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by RhinoSS
a reputable source from fbodyaddict.com, who was at the unvieling was shown a card of a GM exec reserving Vin #100. The GM exec said it would be built.
A "card"? Of what? What was the exec's name? Who is the reputable source? In cases like this, when there is no name other than "GM exec" and "reputable source", it if often bunk. Just trying to get some facts.

Need an account to view it, can you quote the post?

While not a definite "yes" until we hear the official statement from GM, it's proof we have a good number of supporters inside GM that are fighting for this car to be produced.
That has always been the case.

If they're reserving VIN's, I'd hope that's a good sign that the car has a fighting chance.
I am not saying it is not true...but I am also having a hard time with that one for some reason.

Quick Reply: edmunds.com says it's coming