2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Early Camaro ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:53 PM

A guy is allowed to dream, right?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:47 PM

SORRY GUYS. Made a error on the date of the first Camaro down the line in Oshawa. NEW DATE October/ November 2008.
Outside contractors to enter chassis area once the last Impala rolls off the line in plant #1, Nov.30th.Complete Chassis area will be gutted then built up to the new flex system.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by GM OSHAWA
SORRY GUYS. Made a error on the date of the first Camaro down the line in Oshawa. NEW DATE October/ November 2008.
Outside contractors to enter chassis area once the last Impala rolls off the line in plant #1, Nov.30th.Complete Chassis area will be gutted then built up to the new flex system.
Sounds like things are moving right along with the timeline that GM originally announced. Keep us posted as things start to change around there!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by GM OSHAWA
Nov 30 of 2007 or 2008? If 2008, they're not gonna be building any vehicles until a few months after that.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:17 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Lets see. a BIG TIME movie producer approaches you and asks for your concept to be in an upcoming movie.

You're gonna say... no... it wont be onsale for 12 to 18 months after your movie debuts, so no thanks.

Thank you, Chris!

This movie is going to get a lot of people talking about Camaro -- those who haven't been talking about it..........

..........so -- what did you (gr8fl red) say GM was again???????

The Camaro is not being pulled ahead.

I wish it were.

But it is not.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
The Camaro is not being pulled ahead.

I wish it were.

But it is not.
:blah: -> -> -> -> -> -> :blah: ->

I have discovered very slowly that the things I want most in life do not come easy or immediately. I have rarely been disappointed that way.

Yes, it sucks...but I would rater have it better and later than substandard and sooner. Not even worth it.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:50 PM

i hope its not sooner, gives me time to save my pennies
Old 03-30-2007, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by blue 79 Z/28
i hope its not sooner, gives me time to save my pennies
Same here. I just paid off my Z71. No more vehicle payments!

I need a break!

I just hope gas isn't crazy expensive 2 years from now.... my only fear is gas will be too high (along with insurance) for me to justify buying one. At the current price of fuel, I'd snap a Camaro up tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ImportedRoomate
Nov 30 of 2007 or 2008? If 2008, they're not gonna be building any vehicles until a few months after that.
November 2007.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:10 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by ImportedRoomate
Nov. 30th 2007. The wheel room area that mounts the tire to rim have tested 20 inch rims with no problem. The million dollar tire mounting machine can do a Max. of 24 inch rims.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD

I have discovered very slowly that the things I want most in life do not come easy or immediately. I have rarely been disappointed that way.

Yes, it sucks...but I would rater have it better and later than substandard and sooner. Not even worth it.
+1

This car is too important to rush and screw up.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:19 AM

yeah, they didn't even know if they were gonna build the car when Michael Bay approached them saying he wanted to use the concept car in the movie...
Old 04-01-2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Thank you, Chris!

This movie is going to get a lot of people talking about Camaro -- those who haven't been talking about it..........

..........so -- what did you (gr8fl red) say GM was again???????

But it is not.
I said GM is a Marketing Numbnutz, I hope the movie builds alot of hype for the car but it will hafta last a long time....this movie thing will have been out on DVD for a year before we can buy one.

NOT TOO MENTION my BIGGEST FEAR....THAT THE GREEDY DEALERS WILL JACK UP THE " MARKET ADJUSTMENT " for the first year......WHY DOESN"T GM ADDRESS THAT ???

sorry to raise my voice Scott your a great guy but the waiting and then the dealers are enought to make me pO-ed, seen it with the GTO and I know I will see it again.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD

Jason your right , good things for those who wait....but Tom Petty said the waiting is the hardest part. My GTO is getting old and I need a new Camaro,

I am jonesing bad ~
Old 04-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by gr8fl red!
I said GM is a Marketing Numbnutz, I hope the movie builds alot of hype for the car but it will hafta last a long time....this movie thing will have been out on DVD for a year before we can buy one.
If GM could release it TODAY, they would. If they DID, it would have rotten build quality, no cool features and would be an instant failure before the first year is up, sealing the Camaro casket probably for our lifetimes or longer.

GM isn't sitting there laughing and saying, "Let's make them wait, it will be fun to upset them."

Secondary, they couldn't push the movie back to be closer to the release date of the car. That would be weird.

NOT TOO MENTION my BIGGEST FEAR....THAT THE GREEDY DEALERS WILL JACK UP THE " MARKET ADJUSTMENT " for the first year......WHY DOESN"T GM ADDRESS THAT ???
Addressed many times, but might be hard to find if you search. Basically, GM does not sell cars and there are certain laws in place that will not allow GM to dictate what dealerships do. I don't recall all the details, but it is the reason why.

FACT: If everyone refused to buy from dealers who marked the prices up to huge amounts, they would be forced to stop doing it!

Quick Reply: Early Camaro ?