2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Early Camaro ?

Old 03-04-2007, 10:17 PM

Early Camaro ?

I have one question.....With the upcoming 2007 Summer release of THE TRANSFORMERS movie, why have sooo much CAMARO in it if ? If you have not seen the trailer there is a yellow Camaro that is predominitly displyed ( as we all know), Why would GM pay for the marketing in this movie only to release the 1 year and a half later.

I see this as one of two things:

1) The camaro is coming much sooner.......

or

2) GM is a marketing numbnutz

History show it to be the later but there is always hope.................

I might just bag the whole 5th thing for a 4th
Old 03-04-2007, 11:13 PM

They just want to keep everyone excited until it comes out. That's how GM's been for...as long as I remember...

They make you excited forever and then give you the car...
Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 AM

Although I don't know GM's plans at Oshawa in detail, I think it's almost impossible for them to really pull Camaro ahead significantly. I remember hearing they were stopped two vehicles at Oshawa earlier than expected (I forget which two) - maybe this fall? That would mean GM could retool and reconfigure for Camaro the first half of next year - that's not much earlier than they were talking about.......wish it otherwise, though.....
Old 03-05-2007, 02:10 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Lets see. a BIG TIME movie producer approaches you and asks for your concept to be in an upcoming movie.

You're gonna say... no... it wont be onsale for 12 to 18 months after your movie debuts, so no thanks.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shellhead
Although I don't know GM's plans at Oshawa in detail, I think it's almost impossible for them to really pull Camaro ahead significantly. I remember hearing they were stopped two vehicles at Oshawa earlier than expected (I forget which two) - maybe this fall? That would mean GM could retool and reconfigure for Camaro the first half of next year - that's not much earlier than they were talking about.......wish it otherwise, though.....
Exactly, they still dont have Oshawa ready to build it.....

If GM could get it out faster I'm sure they would....but they just dont have a place to build it yet.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
Exactly, they still dont have Oshawa ready to build it.....

If GM could get it out faster I'm sure they would....but they just dont have a place to build it yet.
Some people will argue that they could feasibly begin production in Australia since that is where all of the development seems to be taking place.

However, I don't think it will happen. Everyone I have spoken with who actually works at GM has said the same thing... it will be out in late '08. I know for a fact that the interior is still not even finalized. Seriously, if it were to be released anytime this year or very early in '08 I would think we would have heard reports from the various companies that have received contracts for the parts, but we haven't even heard much about this...

If it comes out this year or early '08, then it would have been the biggest coverup I have ever seen.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Lets see. a BIG TIME movie producer approaches you and asks for your concept to be in an upcoming movie.

You're gonna say... no... it wont be onsale for 12 to 18 months after your movie debuts, so no thanks.
Exactly. Its not exactly like GM and the movie have a joint venture. Plus, I think GM is working at a pretty good rate in getting a car put together completely from scratch.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Casull
If it comes out this year or early '08, then it would have been the biggest coverup I have ever seen.
I agree, I just dont see how it would happen though.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:52 PM

Other than this site, how will GM keep the camaro buzz going until it's released?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:52 PM

They have a long marketing schedule, in which the camaro may come out after or during that campaign, on that part I am guessing. I would think it's feasible to come out while the launch campaign is only halfway or more complete. Although, that does nothing as far as clues to when it comes out.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:13 PM

I am just soooooooooooooo tired of waiting.............

Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

I hear ya, but look at it this way. Hiatus started August 2002. Nearly 5 years ago. We're so much closer to the end than the beginning.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:10 AM

The first look at a new Camaro on the production line will be around May 2008. Sorry Guys!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by GM OSHAWA
The first look at a new Camaro on the production line will be around May 2007. Sorry Guys!!!
Awesome!

Old 03-24-2007, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Awesome!

Hahaha Good one, Pete. Unfortunately, it ain't gonna happen that soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Early Camaro ?