2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Drove (2) 2010 Camaros this weekend.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
Styling is usually not included in arguments of refinement. Perceptions of styling are highly subjective whereas refinement is more objective--measurable by things like types of materials used, tolerances, available features and options, engineering aspects, etc.

And since the guy doesn't currently claim to own a 5th gen car, we're assuming <2002 model year V6 Camaro and prior.

Do you really want to get into this argument with me?
I don't know about any one else, but in MY OPINION, the materials used, tolerances, available features and options, engineering aspects, etc.......those all play into the styling of a vehicle.

You're right I don't own a 5th gen Camaro.....yet! I just simply drove the 2SS as compared to you having driven only the V6 RS. I don't recall you claiming to own one either. I don't really think that was any kind of a point.

I only used BMW as a comparison because you used it in the begining.

I don;t recall ever saying that I chose the V6 Camaro over the BMW. Sorry, I already had all five Camaros before I was looking at the Z4, and I wasn't planning on selling or trading any of the Camaros if I had gotten the Z4. All I said is that I chose not to buy it because it had the electrical issues. I can clearly see the fact that you own two VW's, and that is making me probably.....NO.....wait......that is definitely making me take you less serious.

I got you covered BigDarknFast....Do you really want to argue with me 97QuasarBlue3.8 (which given the content of your screen name, I would bet that you have a 3.8 V6 as well, probably the one Chevrolet)

Last edited by speeding2fast2c; 05-13-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by speeding2fast2c
Trust me I completely understand the fact that his comment was sarcastic. I didn't actually think that he thought I thought he was an engineer for that matter. I can use sarcasism too! I suggest that you read things a little more and undertsand what you are reading before you reply back. The whole point of my comment to him was the fact that he isn't an engineer (I'm not an engineer, and I have no doubt that you're not an engineer) and probably will never really know why the decissions on what materials to use, where to place this button or that item, or whatever. Things are done for certain reasons that the consumer may never understand.

And, NO I don't believe that my comment sounded foolish at all, having skimmed it or not. In fact, I fully read the part he said about the "t-tops" and might have even read it a little closer then you. Here it is again....

If you read the bold print part of it, it might be a little clearer as to why I made the comment I did. I know he is not trying to advocate the t-tops, but I wasn't sure if he understood why it wasn't something this model will be offering. It has been mentioned in other posts before and people are still crying over the issue. Deal with it, and if you want the view of the sky, then wait for the convertible!!!
It's obvious that I'm not the only one here to differ with your reading comprehension, so I'll just say again that I didn't interpret the t-top comments the same way you appeared to in your first reply. Also, notice that I too highlighted part of your post in bold. No Doubt, huh? Well it turns out that I am an Engineer. In fact, I'm an engineer in manufacturing with the degree and current employment and everything that goes with it. However, I didn't need to draw upon any engineering knowledge in this post... just what I learned in high school english class.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
It's obvious that I'm not the only one here to differ with your reading comprehension, so I'll just say again that I didn't interpret the t-top comments the same way you appeared to in your first reply. Also, notice that I too highlighted part of your post in bold. No Doubt, huh? Well it turns out that I am an Engineer. In fact, I'm an engineer in manufacturing with the degree and current employment and everything that goes with it. However, I didn't need to draw upon any engineering knowledge in this post... just what I learned in high school english class.

That's funny, because I didn't see anyone else besides you and maybe 97QuasarBlue3.8 make a comment against how I comprehened what I read.

Congrats on being an engineer! Please, again read some of the bold print from one of my previous statements.......
Believe me, I know that there are alot of engineers out there that could very well be some of the dumbest people around. I wrenched for three years at a dealer, and I can't tell you how mad you can get working on some of these cars because of the ways the cars were engineered. However, for some reason, and the general public will probably never reall know, there is a reason something was designed and made the way it was.
NOW, I don't want to hear it from others, because YES I KNOW there are alot of engineers out there that do amazing work (the ones involved with this 5th gen Camaro I might add) and have changed the world in ways that can hardly be measured.

I agree that you didn't need to draw upon any engineering knowledge in this post, and I'm very happy to see that you are able to put your high school education to use. Just understand that two people can read the exact same thing and they both can comprehened it in different ways, and both can be correct. But, again I was really just trying to explain why the t-tops won't happen, because it seemed like he might not have known.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:07 AM

I was almost able to drive one. I get there and see someone coming in from their test drive, and wouldn't you know it, they end up buying the car. It was the only one on the lot.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 AM

I won't continue to argue because nothing good will come of it. see you around the boards.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 AM

Damn, that sucks! I'm sure the chance to drive one will come around again for ya AlexMichaels21. (Just changed so that everyone understands the comment was to AlexM)

Last edited by speeding2fast2c; 05-13-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
You seem to have two sets of standards. One, for the imports you clearly favor. The other, much more demanding and lofty, for American cars like the new Camaro. That's what troubles me.
I don't think I favor imports considering the last 10 cars I've owned have been American. Why is it unfair to hold the new Camaro to high standards, especially when GM's future is riding on new products like these?

I don't know about any one else, but in MY OPINION, the materials used, tolerances, available features and options, engineering aspects, etc.......those all play into the styling of a vehicle.
You need to sort yourself. Styling is subjective, i.e. "you like the way it looks." Refinement is more objective and has a lot of measurable components. I take you less seriously not because of what you own/ed, but because you aren't making logical arguments.

All I said is that I chose not to buy it because it had the electrical issues. I can clearly see the fact that you own two VW's, and that is making me probably.....NO.....wait......that is definitely making me take you less serious.

I got you covered BigDarknFast....Do you really want to argue with me 97QuasarBlue3.8 (which given the content of your screen name, I would bet that you have a 3.8 V6 as well, probably the one Chevrolet)
I own 2 VW's. One is a 2007 GTI which is my primary driver, the other is a 2008 GLI which my s/o drives. Our personal experience has been problem-free with both vehicles. Note: Personal experience. Prior to the GLI, my s/o had an Audi S4 that I ended up driving quite often. It was also trouble-free.

The 1 Chevrolet in my sig is a 1972 Chevrolet K5 Blazer that was given to my s/o and I. It's the only Chevrolet we currently own. It gets used mostly for house projects. Chevrolets I owned before it were the 5 Camaros (4 4th gens), an S10 Blazer, a Cavalier, and a Lumina. To round out my Big 3 experience, I've also owned a Dodge Magnum and a Ford Focus.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
You need to sort yourself. Styling is subjective, i.e. "you like the way it looks." Refinement is more objective and has a lot of measurable components. I take you less seriously not because of what you own/ed, but because you aren't making logical arguments.
Please, tell me how does one "sort" themself??? Apparently I'm to smart to understand how stupid you are if you think I'm not making any logical arguments.

Here's your chance to say whatever you want, because I'm done commenting on this thread. You and I could go on with this forever it seems like, so I agree to disagree.

It's been a long fight, it's been a hard fight, but it's been a good fight! God Bless ya!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:13 AM

He didn't have a chance Quasar lol. Good stuff.