2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Did the pics meet your expectations?
I was expecting better.
26.06%
Exactly as I expected
26.06%
Better than I expected.
47.89%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Did first impressions meet expectations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 02:01 AM

Re: Did first impressions meet expectations?

I think it may be the most beautiful car I've ever seen. Seriously...wow. The more I look at it the more I love it. The 5th gen is the Esther Baxter of vehicles.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:18 AM

It exceeded my expectations. The packaging was a major
let-down in the 4th gen. I never liked the big dash with
the high belt line and had major problems parking it. Lets hope
they get rid of the hump on the front passenger floor-board
and relocate the cat converters to a better location.
And make the SS deliver close to Vette performance. !!
Old 12-08-2005, 02:26 AM

Well i honestly have to say that I like this design ALOT better than the one that was leaked. This one is totally bada$$

Old 12-08-2005, 02:58 AM

I choose exactly as I expected, but it's really more like exactly what I hoped it would be, and better than I figured it would be in reality. I think it really nails the whole look, hopefully the real concept and then the production car don't get toned down tooo much.

I can't believe so many here don't like it. It's got Camaro written all over it, isn't THAT retro other than general classic shape (which the 4thgen lacked, time to get back to the lines the 1st through 3rd gens had).

It looks awesome and I will be owning one, if I don't have a decent job by then I don't know what I'll do, but I want one baddddd...

Even if the hottest engine offering is a warmed up 5.3l I'll be pretty happy, that is a great looking new Camaro. With an LS2 or better that thing will be incredible, plain and simple...

Oh, and I'm really hoping the rumblings about sidemirrors that flow into the fender like the 4thgen don't turn into reality. That totally ruins the lines of the front fenders IMO. 4thgen birds and the SCCA TransAm Camaro cars without that feature look worlds better. Maybe on this other body style it would work alright, I just know I hated the effect on the 4thgens... I like cars like the corvette and most other sports cars really that have a pronounced "shoulders" look in the rear quarters, and smaller but still pronounced fender flares or whatever at the front end too. I think it's part of the "coke bottle" profile, the blending mirrors screw that up...

Last edited by Ray86IROC; 12-08-2005 at 03:26 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:10 AM

I agree it needs to get back to the lines of the 1st-3rd Gens, and I'm glad to see that. Although, I can't say the same for it being designed almost completely after the 1st Gen.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:17 AM

Better than I expected. Tell me when I can order one.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:21 AM

It blew my expectations sheer out of the water. Have a decent amount of a retro design in it? sure. A while ago i was opposed to that, but i figured, i wasnt alive during the first gen era so i wouldnt mind something retroish. Id say GM hit it pretty spot on. I love the exterior, sure there are some minor things i would change but all in all its pretty damn cool!

Im definately buying one
Old 12-08-2005, 07:08 AM

Well its retro as in it has alot of 1st gen in it but Ill hold judgement till a) I see the final product and b) I see it in person. As of right now though, I LOVE IT!

I accepted a couple of months ago that it was going to be heavily 1st gen influenced so no worries there. I like how sleek and muscular it looks. Honestly, even though its styling is more 1st gen than anything, its stance REALLY reminds of the 3rd gen. How the roofline and beltline look in relationship to each other plus the longer flat hood, I dont know, reminds of the the 3rd gens sleek look. I like it.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:14 AM

I am still holding out hope that the show car will be much more modern that the clay concept. Why would they not make the show car a Z28 or SS model...............or is this supposed to one of those models without the badging? I hope not.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by AZ2ENVY
Well i honestly have to say that I like this design ALOT better than the one that was leaked. This one is totally bada$$

This one should make it into production!!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by blackblur1996z28
This one should make it into production!!!!
I hate the tail end on that one. And the front is only decent, not awesome.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by SFireGT98
I accepted a couple of months ago that it was going to be heavily 1st gen influenced so no worries there. I like how sleek and muscular it looks. Honestly, even though its styling is more 1st gen than anything, its stance REALLY reminds of the 3rd gen. How the roofline and beltline look in relationship to each other plus the longer flat hood, I dont know, reminds of the the 3rd gens sleek look. I like it.
This is somewhat true, the rake and stance is kinda similar. The only actual Third Gen styling cues I can see in it so far are the fender flares and steering wheel though. Or maybe the doors and the grill/front bumper opening on each side. The shape is similar to the outside of the 3rd's headlight recesses.

Last edited by IZ28; 12-08-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by IZ28
This is somewhat true, the rake and stance is kinda similar. The only actual Third Gen styling cues I can see in it so far are the fender flares and steering wheel though. Or maybe the doors and the grill/front bumper opening on each side. The shape is similar to the outside of the 3rd's headlight recesses.
Thats what I was referring to. The rake and stance of the car reminded me of the third gen. Most of the styling cues I see are all 1st gen. Oh well, have to wait and see the final product.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:32 AM

I put down met my expectations.

Overall it's a much better modernization of a 1st gen than anything else we've seen here and I would've expected, but for me it still not new enough and hardly evolutionary.

The roofline is exactly that of the 1st gen as is the front grill. I'm not all together sold on all the creases in the body and sharp corners. Charlie, I can see you Mustang comparison in the rear flanks, I thought I saw more XLR there.

I haven't seen any interior or chassis pics yet (chassis pics aren't worth much anyway at this moment).

I'm not crazy about the rear brake ducts unless they're functional, otherwise I think they're a clumsy characature of the '69s. Put a steeper rake on the back glass, fill in the front grill and a deeper chin spoiler and I think they're be headed in the right direction IMO.

I dunno, seeing this is only a 1/2 and 1/2 styling buck (usually used early in the refinement process), I'll hold off my final decision on what I'm saving my cash for when I see a production version.

Last edited by dream '94 Z28; 12-08-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by dream '94 Z28
I not crazy about the rear brake ducts unless they're functional, otherwise I think they're a clumsy characature of the '69s.
I love all the 69 cues. The Mustang is going for it's 60s roots, I think the Camaro following suit is a natural step, especially since it pulls from the same customer base. People love the Mustang. I think this Camaro is fantastic.

Quick Reply: Did first impressions meet expectations?