2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did anyone else see that My Own Worst Enemy was cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:10 PM

Did anyone else see that My Own Worst Enemy was cancelled?

I never got to see it, was it any good?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
I never got to see it, was it any good?
I watch it. Was surprised to hear that...

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx/?n...9431&GT1=28103
Old 11-13-2008, 05:18 PM

Sad. It was the only show left on NBC that I actually watched. Yes, it was a decent show. (Although those tuning in to see the Camaro, we saw it briefly in the first episode and that was it.)
Old 11-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Well, that kinda sucks. The first episode was great, the ones after it were not quite as good but entertaining.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:48 PM

WTF? At least Jericho was given a full season before pulling the plug and all the backlash, including 20 tons of peanuts, brought it back for a conclusion. Why would they pull the plug on a new series without trying to re-slot it to raise viewers? Going up against a long-running show like CSI:Miami? What did they expect? They set it up to fail.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:52 PM

That sucks, I tuned in to the first episode to see the Camaro. But I actually liked the show and planned on watching it.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:33 PM

I was upset that the Camaro was only used for a brief time in the 1st episode and never again.
I've tried watching it but I just can't get into it. It doesn't do it for me.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:23 PM

Seriously, it was a really good show. The concept was good and the story was really interesting. One thing NBC did that pissed me off was that they still have Knight Rider running. Without the T/A and the Hoff, that show never even had a chance. Can you believe it that NBC execs are going to actually revamp the whole show for the next season. KITT doesnt even look half as cool as the T/A. Now, the only reason I have for watching NBC is the local news and the Office.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:26 PM

It was a good show. Why on earth networks put new shows against big hits i will never understand. i've seen it happen in the past.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:46 PM

That sucks I've never followed a TV show in the past but I did watch all the episodes of this one. The story line was a little silly and hard to believe but I was going with it. Lets face it I was only watching to catch another shot of the Camaro in action.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Lets face it I was only watching to catch another shot of the Camaro in action.
Me too.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Well, that kinda sucks. The first episode was great, the ones after it were not quite as good but entertaining.
Thats exactly the way Id put it. I liked the concept of an average guy having to cut it as a secret agent. Even the last one where the kid was into Judo.

What I didnt like was everyone turing out to be secret agents. Does the dog have a split personality too? The family is fooling eachother. Henry is fooling himself, and the secret organization is running operations against itself. All this and it didnt seem like it would matter is anyone found out eachother... Call me a Camaro geek, but Im kinda amused at the GM product placement show with VW commercials.

I had just told my neighbor and also a coworker to check it out. I liked it. Youre exactly right after the first one it lost something. Ill keep watching them till they go off the air though...
Old 11-14-2008, 12:50 PM

You mean the steaming pile of crap that is knight rider is still going but not My Own Worst Enemy?

MOWE isn't the best show ever, but its at least somewhat entertaining, which is more than I can say for most of the crap on TV...
Old 11-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

I have actually managed to catch all of the episodes that have aired so far (that's unusual for me). I was mixed on it at first, but I was starting to like it. I would rate it 7/10. There are a bunch of primetime shows I'd rather watch (Life, House, Bones, NCIS), but it was still pretty good.

It's bugged me since the beginning... why did JANUS bother to create the regular-guy alter egos for their agents? Why not just have them be their agent selves all the time? It just seems to make things more complicated.

Knight Rider is just a 40-minute Ford commercial, injected with a dozen regular Ford commercials.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I have actually managed to catch all of the episodes that have aired so far (that's unusual for me). I was mixed on it at first, but I was starting to like it. I would rate it 7/10. There are a bunch of primetime shows I'd rather watch (Life, House, Bones, NCIS), but it was still pretty good.

It's bugged me since the beginning... why did JANUS bother to create the regular-guy alter egos for their agents? Why not just have them be their agent selves all the time? It just seems to make things more complicated.

Knight Rider is just a 40-minute Ford commercial, injected with a dozen regular Ford commercials.
I think its good Ford is doing that. It will need all the time on TV it needs so it could get its people into its showrooms.

Quick Reply: Did anyone else see that My Own Worst Enemy was cancelled?