2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Dealer said order deadline/cutoff this Sat....please read!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 PM

Dealer said order deadline/cutoff this Sat....please read!

I went to the local dealer today, armed w/ all the pricing info, most from this site (props to C5.com!) and talked to the sales manager. I have purchased my last 4 f-bodies from this dealership, so they know me pretty well, and so I felt very comfortable in there....I am not required to put down any deposit either....

I found out they were allocated 3 Camaros. He said I was the first to actually come in to place an order (I haven't yet). They have had phone calls, but I was the first to actually come in.

After taxes, title, tags and all that good stuff, mine came out to 40k even, that is walking right out the door, everything paid for.

Options were: (I don't have all the exact codes in front of me, they are at work, so bare w/ me)
2SS/RS
Interior Accents
Hockey Stripe/Hood package
Carpeted Front
Painted Engine Cover

And maybe 1 more thing I can't think of right now, but after using the user friendly excel sheet by madhatter, this all came out about right...I was doing good until he told me something...

He said they had to "lock" in their Camaro order, and it had to be done starting this Thursday-Sat. at 6pm. He said he had to order all 3 Camaros by this Sat. Does that sound accurate to you all???? I can't understand how that can be?
He also said 3 was all he could order. Does that mean that he can order 3, but they will receive more on a truck later? Sorry for the ignorance, but something just didn't feel right to me....he also couldn't believe the pdf order workbook I had in hand, the one that is posted on this site, and how I had all the info that I came in with.

So what I need to know is, to get a chance to order this car from this dealership, do I HAVE to order by this Sat.? or is this a rush scheme to make me give him a decision??

HE ALSO told me they had no real control over a slight markup, that it could be a tad over 40k once it came in, or a little less, and that he would stick by his price. And to expect this car to come in by Feb. 09.

He also told me how these cars were gold, and that they would be marked up 5k-10k over sticker price...ect. Which, I figured, but still....

Any advice out there??? I figured I had a couple of weeks to get this car ordered....I felt like I got a little push there in the end....

Hope to get some straight answers....I know he is going to be calling me tomorrow, and really putting it on thick....

Everyone is acting like this car is going to be so scarce....

Last edited by 350 HRSS; 10-16-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 PM

He is absolutely pressuring you. I haven't heard anything saying that dealers had to "lock" their orders in by this Saturday. Also, I'm not sure who he is referring to when he says "they" have no control over a markup. The dealership absolutely has control over this, GM by law cannot force markups. I would suggest you lay down the facts and make it clear that your order will be on YOUR terms, or find a dealership that will treat you right.. there are plenty out there.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:25 PM

People have said theyve been getting MSRP. If you want to order one find a place that will sell for MSRP. Also on the podcast available from this website the people from GM said people could change there order pretty much up until production.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

The cars will be somewhat scarce for the first few months. Sometime around the end of the summer, availability should increase significantly.

That aside, he's definitely pressuring you, and the bit about having to order by Saturday is BS.

Also, carpeted front floormats are standard on all models except the LS. I hope you didn't pay extra for that!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:05 AM

I would ask for clarification whether he was talking about dealer markup or slight changes in MSRP. He can't control MSRP but if his dealership wants to mark it up you need to make it clear that the deal is for MSRP. 40K seems a little high. I would make sure you haven't included options in the price that are already included in the 2SS or RS packages.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:32 AM

When does the 3rd quarter end?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 AM

3rd quarter ends 9/30/08.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by ForYourMalice
3rd quarter ends 9/30/08.
That is what I thought....

So, when he says he is only alloted 3 cars up until the 3rd quarter, does that mean after these 3 Camaros he sells/orders, he can't order any more until after 9/30/09???

Thanks....and sorry for any confusion.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS
That is what I thought....

So, when he says he is only alloted 3 cars up until the 3rd quarter, does that mean after these 3 Camaros he sells/orders, he can't order any more until after 9/30/09???

Thanks....and sorry for any confusion.
Listen to the most recent podcast. John and Cheryl clear all of this up.

If the production ramps up with no issues, John said that it's possible that more Camaros could be allocated as early as July. The end of September is a worst-case estimate.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:42 AM

Everyone these days has the me first mentality, they have to be the first on the block for everything. Because of that mentality they pay the enormous prices while the patient one's out there get deep discounts a year later. $40k for a new Camaro, that's steep!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:37 PM

He probably not pressuring you . What he probably wants to do is order the 3 Camaros by Saturday . If youd like 1 to be yours and spec it out yourself , you have until then or hes placing his order anyways ....leaving you outa luck ordering a car thru that dealer .
Old 10-16-2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
He probably not pressuring you . What he probably wants to do is order the 3 Camaros by Saturday . If youd like 1 to be yours and spec it out yourself , you have until then or hes placing his order anyways ....leaving you outa luck ordering a car thru that dealer .
If the dealer only has, say two of his three spoken for, he can't order the third at this time anyways. GM is ONLY ACCEPTING SOLD ORDERS at this point; i.e. must be a real person with a name and address- no dealer stock allowed.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Disciple

Go back to him with this flag in hand:
You can definitely get a better price if you shop around. What you have listed comes out to about $36,500 MSRP.

Floor mats are standard in 2SS.
By interior accents, do you mean the orange interior package or the dealer-installed accessory package (interior trim kit)?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:39 PM

I hope someone can clear this up for me also, I went down to my dealer today to look at the Cyber Gray on a vette.

Told the guy I was ordering from a different dealer, he said we can do it here if u want (internet tard said they had 1 allocated). Anyway lets forget about allocations... If someone went down today and ordered from a dealer that was over its allotment, what are their hopes of getting a car?
Old 10-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Evotion
I hope someone can clear this up for me also, I went down to my dealer today to look at the Cyber Gray on a vette.

Told the guy I was ordering from a different dealer, he said we can do it here if u want (internet tard said they had 1 allocated). Anyway lets forget about allocations... If someone went down today and ordered from a dealer that was over its allotment, what are their hopes of getting a car?
Probably pretty good but not until late July IMO. The current allocations through September are a worst case scenario from what I got out of the podcast...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer said order deadline/cutoff this Sat....please read!