2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Chicago Auto Show February 13 to 22, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 05:20 PM

Chicago Auto Show February 13 to 22, 2009

Pedders was invited to display our G8 with GM and Shell. We are very pleased to share that distinction with Soul Shaker the G8 Rick Bottom showed at SEMA 2008. Ricks' gorgeous Soul Shaker is riding on a Pedders Track II installed by Waukegan Tire. My G8 is on a modified Track II with eXtreme Xa Adjustable coilovers replacing the Sports Ryder coils and Gas Sports Ryder struts. There are several NASCAR vehicles around the show. We added the splitter the day before the show. With the splitter installed we are sitting lower than the splitters on the NASCAR vehicles. I have already asked Tommy to make several splitters for me and get them painted up. I think I'll be breaking one a month!

The first shipment of Xa coilovers is now at the port in Long Beach. With all the new part numbers we expect there to be some delays in clearing customs. Those of you that ordered Xa coilovers for your vehicle will see them withing four weeks. Maybe sooner depending on customs.

I spent most of the day roaming the show. Wednesday and Thursday are Press Days. Thursday night is the First Look Charity Event. Those who saw the Corvette Stingray in Detroit already know it is the best looking car in the show. Was the Stingray was in Detroit? The Camaro is certainly a force at the show with a 20' tall Transformer standing guard. I'll be at the show Friday evening and Saturday evenings. Sunday I'll be there mid-day. If you are attending the show please post in the thread the time and date you plan to come. Maybe we can get a group together....

We'll start the show with pictures of Rick Bottom's Soul Shaker and fill in with more pictures over as I can get them posted.

On the opposite side of the booth sits Pedders G8 eXtreme.

Last edited by Justice Pete; 02-12-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 PM

How do they drive with Pedders Suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeGIm8L6G6o

We will be testing the G8 eXtreme on March 30th with a couple of NASCAR drivers. The results will be avialble as YouTube video, on this forum and in everal prominent media outlets. Stay tuned for more!

Jason Monroe invited me into the Chrysler 200C. The exterior is cool. The interior and displays are eXtremely cool. Here is a link to Chrysler's Uconnect technology in the 200C EV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leeYqK8wR8A

Corvette Stingray

Note to GM: BUILD THI CAR AND I AM A VETTE OWNER!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:22 PM

We have only covered two G8s, one Chrysler and the Best of Show Corvette Stingray. There is more to come. Oh yeah, something abot the 2010 Camaro? I'll get those pictures at the Charity First Look tonight.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:23 PM

TRansformer and Camaro Chicago Auto Show Pictures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNTj_WPDqYM

The Chicago Auto Show First Look charity event is the single biggest charitable fund raiser of the year in the Chicago area. Even in these difficult economic times we were a small part of the group raising over $1.8 Million Dollars for charity. Last year the tally was $2 Million. What a remarkable accomplishment and one that the New Car Dealers in Chicago should be very proud of.

Last edited by Justice Pete; 02-13-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:24 PM

[

Last edited by Justice Pete; 02-13-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:09 PM

Brand loyalty aside, the 2010 Camaro has been the most popular vehicle at the Chicago Auto Show for the last two years. Nothing has changed.

They are coming!

As soon as I can get them edited I will post 2010 Mustang, WRX, EVO, Chrysler, Lexus, Scion, Mini Cooper pictures and more.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 PM

Great pics! I'm probably a bit behind and can probably answer this question myself but..... Will Pedders be offering a line of suspension products for the 2010 Camaro V6 and SS?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Great pics! I'm probably a bit behind and can probably answer this question myself but..... Will Pedders be offering a line of suspension products for the 2010 Camaro V6 and SS?
Yes sir. We have already sold a number of the new Xa eXtreme adjustable coilovers for the soon to be built Camaro. Keep in mind that out of the box from the factory the 5th Gen is an excellent vehicle. The revision GM made to the ZETA chassis for the Camaro make it a best of class vehicle IMO.

Chris and Jason made the mistake of inviting me to do a podcast. Good, bad or indifferent you car listen to it here. https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...42#post5835442
Old 02-17-2009, 06:27 PM

2010 Ford Mustang Suspension

Ford had an awesome display with a Mustang turned on the side to show off Ford's aftermarket parts program. Some We are very picky at Pedders so it should come as no surprise we felt some of the bits were not ready for prime time while others looked absolutely awesome.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:28 PM

2010 Mustang Interior and Exterior

Best looking Mustang ever? The consumer will be the final judge, but IMO this is the best looking Mustang ever.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:29 PM

Warrior in Pink

Old 02-17-2009, 06:35 PM

Ok, I lied. This is the best looking Mustang ever. Any Mustang that has my youngest daughter in in would be the best looking Mustang ever.

More Mustangs...

Old 02-17-2009, 06:38 PM

Old 02-17-2009, 06:39 PM

Pedders Xa Pre-Production Mustang Coilovers

Pedders First Set of Xa Coilovers for the Mustang!

Ford has done well with the 2005 Mustang and appears to be ready to continue that success. The liaison between Pedders in the USA and AU, the man who heads up our supply chain is also a Mustang lover. We rented a Mustang Hertz Shelby Edition some time ago to start our USA Mustang R & D program. Gavin was in heaven in a Shelby, He also just shipped these to the USA.

These will be installed in the next week to ten days for final approval for full production. They are 46mm high pressure monotube units. Pedders is not the only company to manufacture such a setup for the Mustang. Pedders is the only manufacture to build in the level of ride comfort and control available through 30 positive click damping adjustments. On full soft the ride quality is OE like while at postion 30 we are at R compound track ready hard. You can learn more about Pedders Xa coilovers for the Mustang and many other vehicles on our website.

http://www.peddersusa.com/products/6
Old 02-18-2009, 06:08 PM

SKIDS is in the House!

Transformer Star -- SKIDS

Judging by the reaction of the under 30 show guests the Chevrolet Beat will find a solid market. The details on the concept car are awesome. There are no mirrors, just cameras and an in dash display. The tail lights will be hard for the aftermarket to top.

Quick Reply: Chicago Auto Show February 13 to 22, 2009