2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 PM

This is a GM FAIL... its not even the right F'ing color!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
Sweet. $1000 for a couple movie badges.

I hope GM was forced into this as part of the movie agreement.
Ford does it will with their packages all the time?!

Has anyone else noticed suprisingly positive reaction from non-Camaro people? I was surprised.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:53 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
Sweet. $1000 for a couple movie badges.

I hope GM was forced into this as part of the movie agreement.

mmmmm-- " A couple of movie badges..." -- did you actually see what comes with the package?

Let me assure you that it's more than a few badges -- and keep in mind that those 'badges' need to look as good 5 years from now as they do today.

This package is not for the 'traditional Camaro enthusiast' - as I said earlier - my CTF Camaro was recently updated with this package -- and the reaction it's gotten is truly amazing.....

Not everyone's cup of tea -- but hey -- to each his own.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:55 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by bozobuttz
This is a GM FAIL... its not even the right F'ing color!

Sorry -- but I'm tired so you're gonna get my ire.......

(actually I've gone back in and edited my comments)

BozoButt - please go and read thru the entire thread........

that may give you some insight as to what the 'TRANSFORMER" edition is -- and note that it is not a 'Bumblebee' Edition.

Last edited by Fbodfather; 07-24-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:09 AM

is there any hope for a package on the other cars/trucks?

and no bee-otch air freshener? or did they forget that in the second movie?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
BozoButt - please go and read thru the entire thread........
@ "Bozobutt"

Originally Posted by DAKMOR

Good question...I'd like to see it on a Silverado package, or whatever was in the 2nd movie. I never saw the 2nd on either, I am almost ashamed to say.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by PacerX
Problem is...

Money and engineering time at GM was spent on this.

If it pays off and GM turns a profit on it, then that's a good thing.

That being said, BNG (Bold, New Graphics) work ONCE, maybe TWICE... then ya gotta actually, you know, improve the car.

I'm not worked up about it, but let's not make BNG packages a habit again.

The next Chevrolet Special Edition Camaro needs to actually be SPECIAL.

Finally, note one other thing... the truly famous Camaros? The first Z28's and the mighty COPOs and ZL-1's. A car's reputation for decades can be made off those.

BNG's like the Anniversary cars? Not so much...
actually these graphics packages work ALOT more than just once. corvette throws new stripes and embroidery on different color vettes a few times a year and sells them for MUCH more that this option is for the camaro. they are doing just fine without changing anything else on the car. just because the special edition doesnt please you , doesnt mean its not going to please some of the other billions of people in the us and canada.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:05 AM

dont think its in the second movie. it was in the first because it was on the older style bumblebee before he changed into the concept. dont think it even stayed with him when he changed to the concept in the first one. it must have been something to stay with the old camaro.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
actually these graphics packages work ALOT more than just once. corvette throws new stripes and embroidery on different color vettes a few times a year and sells them for MUCH more that this option is for the camaro. they are doing just fine without changing anything else on the car. just because the special edition doesnt please you , doesnt mean its not going to please some of the other billions of people in the us and canada.
Corvettes sell like hotcakes. That's not a problem.

Wanna see a perfect example of the problem?

Impala.

Great car - 5 years ago, now competing with vehicles that have been redone TWICE with... any end in sight?

Like I said, I hope GM sells a ton of this version of the Camaro, and makes bucketloads of money off it.

And then DOES NOT do it again, and spends those precious engineering resources on putting a blower on that V8 for the Camaro, or...

***HERE'S AN IDEA***

Getting their cars and trucks on a 4 year product cycle, like they should be, so they aren't competing against new iron with old iron.

***FOOTNOTE***

The next generation Camaro...

NOT a facelift. NOT BNG. NOT a "cheapie" set of superficial changes with a powertrain update thrown in...

A TOTALLY NEW CAR...

...had better be on the drawing boards right now or they are already late.

This current generation should clearly point out to GM what they can do when they bring a fresh, new, great car out onto the market and don't let it languish in a 10-year product cycle.

Last edited by PacerX; 07-25-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:29 PM

"A TOTALLY NEW CAR...

...had better be on the drawing boards right now or they are already late."

if GM had that kind of money to do with, we wouldnt be worried about seeing a convertivle or not in 2 years. 2011 convert, released 2 years after the 2010 camaro coupe.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:31 PM

think they'll launch skidz and mudflap witht his package???!!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:17 AM

"A TOTALLY NEW CAR...

...had better be on the drawing boards right now or they are already late."

if GM had that kind of money to do with, we wouldnt be worried about seeing a convertivle or not in 2 years. 2011 convert, released 2 years after the 2010 camaro coupe.
Adding to that problem is the fact that the supplier that engineered the covertible top system went bankrupt and is being liquidated.

That's somewhat out of GM's control - they don't shoulder, and shouldn't shoulder, a lot of the blame there.

They can move it to another supplier, but a large part of the problem is that the entire supply base is in trouble, so who do you move it to?

Furthermore, you lose all the expertise associated with the system as designed.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:17 AM

***HERE'S AN IDEA***

Getting their cars and trucks on a 4 year product cycle, like they should be, so they aren't competing against new iron with old iron.

***FOOTNOTE***

NOT a facelift. NOT BNG. NOT a "cheapie" set of superficial changes with a powertrain update thrown in...

A TOTALLY NEW CAR...

This current generation should clearly point out to GM what they can do when they bring a fresh, new, great car out onto the market and don't let it languish in a 10-year product cycle.
I agree. And the next gen car's developement sequence timing, is dependent on Cadillac cueing up some of it's products first. I guess we need Dewar, Nesbitt and Lutz all in the same room to push it along faster.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 AM

Corvettes sell like hotcakes. That's not a problem.

Wanna see a perfect example of the problem?

Impala.

Great car - 5 years ago, now competing with vehicles that have been redone TWICE with... any end in sight?

Like I said, I hope GM sells a ton of this version of the Camaro, and makes bucketloads of money off it.

And then DOES NOT do it again, and spends those precious engineering resources on putting a blower on that V8 for the Camaro, or...

***HERE'S AN IDEA***

***FOOTNOTE***

A TOTALLY NEW CAR...

what special edition/ limited production car did the impala have? was it in a movie where it had the opportunity to make money like the camaro has from transformers?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:21 AM
West South Central Moderator

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
what special edition/ limited production car did the impala have? was it in a movie where it had the opportunity to make money like the camaro has from transformers?
Well, there's NASCAR... I bet a Jimmie Johnson Edition Impala SS might could have been a high seller...

Quick Reply: Chevrolet announces the 2010 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition