2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Canadian ordering ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 05:34 PM

Question Canadian ordering ?

When are the dealers in Canada capable of taking orders, will we be informed ?

Last edited by CamaroRick; 10-10-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:29 PM

They can't wait...can't you hear the saliva falling off their lips as they prepare to screw us?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:55 PM

Well, if GM was smart, they would look how Dodge priced the Challenger, and follow suit.

We shall see, I have a contingency plan ready to go..... It's all dependent on the pricing...
Old 10-11-2008, 07:33 PM

Don't worry... it'll likely be a Chevy Challenger by next year.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Disciple

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (20 min. down the road from the "Shwa"!)
I went into Wilson-Niblett Chevrolet in Richmond Hill yesterday (just north of Toronto) just to see what was going on and they were ready to take orders. (or so I was told).
They seemed very vague when I asked about how they were going to view "extra markup", but said that they won't be discounting the car. When I asked about their initial allotment #'s, they wouldn't say...
Monday is a holiday in Canada (our Thanksgiving) so our dealers should be tuned into the system for Tuesday.
This is the highest volume Corvette dealer in Canada and they received the 1st ZR-1 into Canada. It's sitting on the showroom floor with a sticker price of $145,000 (Canadian pricing, not markup) - and a sold sign on it.
I'm very worried about how GM Canada will price the Camaro...

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 10-12-2008, 09:55 AM

After learning on another board that a fellow Canadian had received word that his dealer will be able to enter his order on Oct 16th, I went to see mine on Friday. He told me that they have an IDL on the 16th, and should be able to enter my order on that day too. I left them a refundable deposit ( $1000 ), and told them that if the pricing is not to my liking, I will back out ( I got this in writing ). He also committed to MSRP.

Just for fun I've price the two countries with a couple of "bread & butter" vehicles from the General, ( I'm guessing that with GM wanting to sell 100k units annually, it going to be categorized as this ) It looks like they have reduced the price gap.

2009 Cobalt SS ( no options )
Can = $25,045
US = $24,095

2009 Impala SS ( no options )
Can = $35,995
US = $31,885

2009 Malibu LTZ ( no options )
Can = $31,250
US = $27,550

In the end, if I'm not happy with the price they give me, I'll keep my Zed, wait 'till our dollar gets stronger, and buy down south.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:51 AM

Someone on another board emailed GM Canada, and was told Thursday, October 16, 2008. <shrug>
Old 10-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Administrator

We asked this question in our recent Podcast episode with John Fitzpatrick and Cheryl Pilcher. Canada starts taking orders on Thursday Oct. 16th. No pricing is available for Canadians yet.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
We asked this question in our recent Podcast episode with John Fitzpatrick and Cheryl Pilcher. Canada starts taking orders on Thursday Oct. 16th. No pricing is available for Canadians yet.
=) Thanks for asking, I'm still listening to the Podcast as I type this.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:40 AM

But that will put us lower on the list I think..

If the US has 3 days more on us,sadly we will wait longer to get them here,hope the price is close to the USD,but we do have that law if we go to the US to buy a new car,at least a Chevy,the car has to be 6 months/ XXX mileage before it comes here...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by LovSSin
If the US has 3 days more on us,sadly we will wait longer to get them here,hope the price is close to the USD,but we do have that law if we go to the US to buy a new car,at least a Chevy,the car has to be 6 months/ XXX mileage before it comes here...
Good luck in finding a US dealer who will sell directly to a Canadian citizen. You'll need to use a friend/relative/broker.

It's funny how I keep hearing that G.M. corporate has no say in what a dealer can sell their vehicles for ( it's against the law, blah, blah blah), but when a Canadian tries to go south, the dealers WILL NOT sell, because they would be in jeopardy of losing their franchise.

G.M., just do all us canucks a favor, and price it within 10% of the US !!!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Disciple

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (20 min. down the road from the "Shwa"!)
I received an email tonight from Chris Hay, the GM Canada marketing manager for Camar

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
I received an email response tonight from Chris Hay, the GM Canada marketing manager for Camaro.

Canadian pricing is still to be determined, but the goal is to have numbers ready for official release in early November.

He confirmed that Canadian dealers will have the ability to accept orders beginning this Thursday (16th)

You can be assured that I passed on my concerns to him about how our community views the importance of pricing - especially as it relates to U.S. pricing.

Chris has promised to keep me in the loop as developments take place and I will be sure to pass any new info along to this forum.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by sselie
I received an email response tonight from Chris Hay, the GM Canada marketing manager for Camaro.

Canadian pricing is still to be determined, but the goal is to have numbers ready for official release in early November.

He confirmed that Canadian dealers will have the ability to accept orders beginning this Thursday (16th)

You can be assured that I passed on my concerns to him about how our community views the importance of pricing - especially as it relates to U.S. pricing.

Chris has promised to keep me in the loop as developments take place and I will be sure to pass any new info along to this forum.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Thank you very much Elie !! ..... Anxiously waiting for this final information. I hope I don't have to cancel my order due to some illogical Canadian pricing scheme !!!