2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Can someone get pics of the rear seat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:18 AM

Can someone get pics of the rear seat?

Can the next person to see the new camaro at an auto show get a few good pics of the rear seats? I've looked through a lot of pics & no really good shots of the production back seat.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by km9v
Can the next person to see the new camaro at an auto show get a few good pics of the rear seats? I've looked through a lot of pics & no really good shots of the production back seat.
I have a couple, hope these help until someone else gets some better ones.

Name:  DSC00599.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  53.5 KB

Name:  DSCN0584.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  70.0 KB
Old 02-19-2009, 07:07 PM

From the 2009 NAIAS...

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f..._95/newCamaro/
Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 PM

That looks like plenty of room for my wife and I to sit in.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:13 AM

Thanks for the pics. It doesn't look like there is much leg room back there & a pretty tight squeeze to get yourself in the back seat.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by km9v
Thanks for the pics. It doesn't look like there is much leg room back there & a pretty tight squeeze to get yourself in the back seat.
I got in the back of one at NAIAS. I'm 5'9" and 170 lb... I found it ingress/egress a little easier than the 05 GTO I had, and about the same difficulty vs my current 99 Trans Am. Rear shoulder room and head room both seem less than my TA but not terribly so. If there is a perception of a lack of rear legroom, that might be due to some pretty huge (IMHO) available travel of the front seats.

Where the seating really shines in the new Camaro, IMAO, is the front seats. They are just magnificent! Great, in too many ways to describe. I will mention one - it's much easier to pop-release a front seat to roll forward quickly so people can get in/out of the back, than it was with my GTO - and of course the 4gens like my TA didn't have a pop-slide-release on their front seats.

I also tried folding down the rear seat. It folds flat, and makes up for the slightly smallish trunk.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:26 AM

Once you got into the back of the GTO the seat and room was great! Getting back there was simply ridiculous! Did anyone think that the room in the back of the Camaro was the same as the GTO?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silver2009
Once you got into the back of the GTO the seat and room was great! Getting back there was simply ridiculous! Did anyone think that the room in the back of the Camaro was the same as the GTO?
The rear seat room is much larger on the GTO. Hip, head, shoulder, legroom all much bigger than the new Camaro. But access to the rear GTO seats... much as I loved my 05 GTO... was not good at all. The front doors were about six inches too short IMO... so it was a real athletic event getting in and out of the GTO back seat. Plus, due to the front door size you pretty much had to run the power seat all the way forward to get in/out of the back seat... and since there was no pop-release-slide feature you had to just stand there like a doofus and run the motor every time. Finally, the lack of a fold down rear seat and trunk pass-thru on the GTO made the trunk a very limited tool for carrying large/long cargo like skis. The new Camaro has given up some things in the back seat, like the measurements I mentioned... but vs the GTO, it has gained:

- additional front seat travel
- pop-release-slide capability for quick entry/exit
- fold-down seat and trunk pass-thru
- bigger front door openings or at the least, the rear edge of the opening seems closer to the rear seats now

Overall, a net improvement IMHO....
Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 AM
West South Central Moderator

knee room in the Camaro is tight! I had a ton of room in the front seat, but the line to get into the base V6 was too long to spend enough time for my big *** to try to work my way into the back seats. It made me sad to think of how good of a car the Impala would have been if it would have been made on this platform...
Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

Perhaps this will help...

You too can easily fit in the back of a 2010 Camaro
Old 02-24-2009, 10:30 AM

That does help a little. I'm still torn between getting a camaro & a G8 GXP. I have 2 kids that would be riding in the back. I think my wife has conceded to let me get the camaro but would prefer a 4 dr.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:38 AM

i don't care for the location of the back release. it should be at the side of the seat.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
i don't care for the location of the back release. it should be at the side of the seat.
A couple issues with seat releases that are at the side of the seat:

- hard for the person in the rear seat to access
- if they're like the one in the 4th-gens, they can be easily kicked/bumped/broken getting in/out of the back (or putting "stuff" in the back).

I see the new location being convenient for both accessing the back from outside the car AND for the passenger in the back. Also, being in the middle of the seat, I would suspect the latching mechanism is centered in the seat, which seems better from a "structural" stand point, vs. the latches that only latch at one side or the other.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
A couple issues with seat releases that are at the side of the seat:

- hard for the person in the rear seat to access
- if they're like the one in the 4th-gens, they can be easily kicked/bumped/broken getting in/out of the back (or putting "stuff" in the back).

I see the new location being convenient for both accessing the back from outside the car AND for the passenger in the back. Also, being in the middle of the seat, I would suspect the latching mechanism is centered in the seat, which seems better from a "structural" stand point, vs. the latches that only latch at one side or the other.
how can it be hard if its in front of you?

yes the ones in our cars kinda suck but the way i look at it is its harder to reach for it when you're getting in if it is in the middle.

the mustangs location imo is the best:

Old 02-24-2009, 12:09 PM

i can see that going through someons eye in a car crash.

what does a couple of inches matter? whether it be in the middle or the left side. who really cares? is this that big of a deal to anyone? really?!

Quick Reply: Can someone get pics of the rear seat?