2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

CamaroZ28.Com FIRST to Road Test BOTH 2010 Camaro SS and 2010 Camaro LT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
should everyone who placed an order receive a build date once production starts? my dealer hasnt told me jack. i told them i wanted to get the hurst shifter off becasue it was delaying production and they said they did it and i havent recieved any word on it. im starting to get scared that ive gotten pushed down on the alocation chart.
You will not get a build date. ot TPW(target production week) until your dealer has an allocated slot for the week. My dealer told me that he shoulfd have an allocation for my order (#1 on his list) sometime around 1st or second week of March. He said I should have a TPW of 3rd week of March, assuming he means week of 3/23. I am not holding my breath though until I get official word from him.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:54 AM

I think I saw you going to the road test on Monday in the Red RS on Mound Road in Warren... I was in a yellow GTO and you were right behind me!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Admin Emeritus

Wasn't us, we did the test on Sunday but it was cool that you saw the car out there.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
You will not get a build date. ot TPW(target production week) until your dealer has an allocated slot for the week. My dealer told me that he shoulfd have an allocation for my order (#1 on his list) sometime around 1st or second week of March. He said I should have a TPW of 3rd week of March, assuming he means week of 3/23. I am not holding my breath though until I get official word from him.
now im confused.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:03 AM

now im confused.
Nothing to be confused about.

A dealer can place an order for a car whenever he wants.
It won't get "picked up" by GM until he has allocation for said car.
If he doesn't have allocation for it, the order will just sit there in status code 1100.

When GM "picks it up", it will be assigned a Target Production Week. This is the week the car is hoped to be produced. TPWs can, and often do, change.

So to anyone who wants to order a GM car, ask the dealer before you place the order if he has allocation for the car you want to order. And not just for the model, but for the exact way you want that model equipped. That's how specific GM gets. If he doesn't have allocation for the exact car, then move to the next dealership.

I went thru this personally when I ordered my Colorado. I put a small, refundable down payment and an order in at a local Chevy dealer in July '03. The order sat in status 1100 forever. After a few months of bothering the dealer and GM, the dealer finally told me they didn't have allocation for a regular cab, 2wd, ZQ8, with a stick. They sent me my money back in November '03.
In the spring of '04, I started calling the dealers to find one who had allocation for the exact truck I wanted. I found one who did. I placed the order in February '04, it got picked up immediately, it was built in March '04, and I took delivery of it on April 9th, 2004.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:10 PM

when you say "gm wont pick up the order until he has allocation for the car", hasnt everyone recieved their allocation number? my dealer was allocated 4 i think, of which they clearly stated i was #1.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:51 PM

when you say "gm wont pick up the order until he has allocation for the car", hasnt everyone recieved their allocation number? my dealer was allocated 4 i think, of which they clearly stated i was #1.
He may have been allocated 4 (or is he just assuming that he's getting 4?) but what configurations were his allocations?
Maybe he wasn't allocated any 2SS with RS with your options.

From what I understand, it get's that specific.

JasonE can answer any GM ordering questions you'd have. He worked for a Pontiac dealer. I think he did their ordering. Shoot him a PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
He may have been allocated 4 (or is he just assuming that he's getting 4?) but what configurations were his allocations?
Maybe he wasn't allocated any 2SS with RS with your options.

From what I understand, it get's that specific.

JasonE can answer any GM ordering questions you'd have. He worked for a Pontiac dealer. I think he did their ordering. Shoot him a PM.
From my understanding with the Camaro, all models are being built right away, except for any containing constrained options (White exterior, Cyber Gray exterior, Hurst shifter, etc.).
Old 02-26-2009, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
From my understanding with the Camaro, all models are being built right away, except for any containing constrained options (White exterior, Cyber Gray exterior, Hurst shifter, etc.).
Just because all models are being built right away still doesn't mean that HIS dealer has been allocated any cars like the one he ordered.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HuJass
Just because all models are being built right away still doesn't mean that HIS dealer has been allocated any cars like the one he ordered.
Do you know for a fact that allocations involve specific vehicle builds that don't necessarily correlate with orders? That seems like a terrible idea, especially when they have 11,000+ specific orders to fill.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Do you know for a fact that allocations involve specific vehicle builds that don't necessarily correlate with orders? That seems like a terrible idea, especially when they have 11,000+ specific orders to fill.
That's the way it worked for my Colorado.
I had to find a dealer that not only had allocation for a Colorado, but one that had allocation for a regular cab, 2wd, ZQ8.

Once I found a dealer that had allocation for that combo, it went real quick.

Jason E can shed more light on the subject than I can.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:32 AM

It sounds like a brutally complicated ordering process, but we're talking about GM ... nothing of that sort would surprise me of them!! (after all, it's the big corporation inefficiency approach! ..... I see the same kind of mentality at my company too ).
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
that seems kinda weird that they would have to be allocated exactly what i ordered for me to get mine in a reasonable time. all i ordered was a black 2ss/rs with black leather not sunroof, cancelled the hurst shifter, and i ordered the car cover. nothing really special. but very special to me!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:40 PM
RAR

Did you have any problem with the blind spots on the car? Is rear visibility good? Are the halos the day time running lights on the RS?
Old 02-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by RAR
Did you have any problem with the blind spots on the car? Is rear visibility good? Are the halos the day time running lights on the RS?
I wouldn't say "problem" but like any car, there is an adjustment period with the car especially with the aggressive design but I don't think it is anything that any competent driver can't get comfortable with quickly.

Quick Reply: CamaroZ28.Com FIRST to Road Test BOTH 2010 Camaro SS and 2010 Camaro LT!