2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Z28 production date - NOT CONFIRMED to begin 1/1/2012

Old 01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

Exclamation Camaro Z28 production date - NOT CONFIRMED to begin 1/1/2012

All I can say is don't believe everything that you read lately when it comes to a "Z28 production start date". It is speculation, misinterpretation, or just plain false hype.

Take that to the bank.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:23 PM

Re: Camaro Z28 production date - NOT CONFIRMED TO begin 1/1/2012

Originally Posted by JasonD
All I can say is don't believe everything that you read lately when it comes to a "Z28 production start date". It is speculation, misinterpretation, or just plain false hype.

Take that to the bank.
My guess, the supercharged car that has been talked about so much today is not going to be called Z28? Save that name for the next gen? Lighter more like the original. Just a guess.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 PM

This rumor is new to me. Seems like an odd date to start production on something though, but possible I guess. Did the plant stop production for new years this year? If so, they might take new year's off next year too and then that rumor is possibly shut down.

Though that is not to say they couldn't start on the 2nd
Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM

The Z28 will return to it's rightful place in 2012.

Last edited by IZ28; 01-13-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 PM

Re: Camaro Z28 production date - NOT CONFIRMED to begin 1/1/2012

Well I certainly don't doubt 2012 as a year for something to come out. No one is calling this a Z28...yet.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:34 AM

oh my god... not again!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:13 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by RogueVette
Speaking of - they haven't shown the new 2012 interior have they?
dont expect any significant changes to the interior.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:15 PM

Clarifying things a bit.

The Z28 may be done and ready for production, however it still needs to go through FINAL APPROVAL. This is the point of no return where GM (and all car makers) make commitments, give authorization to sign final OEM contracts, and give the go-ahead to start adjusting assembly lines and making any changes that need to be made.

At this point, it's really up to the car maker to decide the timing of start of production.

The Z28 will certainly NOT see production this current model year (2011). At the same time, it is still entirely possible at this stage that GM could decide to cancel the entire thing (think the GM80 program which was killed well after the prototype and development stage).

It's no secret that GM has a Z28 ready for the greenlight. It's been reported in every media save Time magazine. However, as I mentioned, grenlights mean the comitment of $$$ and the signing of binding contracts.

GM (as ALL businesses!) have a budget and a limited amount of available money. That money has to go to where it has the biggest return. Like it or not, it the new Malibu or Impala needs a bit more money, it's going to come from planned allotments like Z28. That's the way it goes, and it isn't until financing is assured for other projects that luxuries (ie: Z28) will get the greenlight.

I'm certain that you'll see or know something on the Z28 soon.

However, anyone with actual start dates, at this point is purely blowing smoke in your direction.

My advice?

Keep track of upcoming Auto Shows, and wait for official announcements.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:09 PM

The only thing being denied about the car from the people who actually know what the hells going on is the name Z28 . I dont think this car will carry a Z28 name guys . The 2012 interior is not a redesign like thought either . From the way it was described, some materials were improved, but nothing major
Old 01-14-2011, 01:13 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

I CALL DIBS ON THE POPCORN CONCESSION..................

Old 01-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
The only thing being denied about the car from the people who actually know what the hells going on is the name Z28.
I know more than most about what the hell is going on, and there is more unknown/unconfirmed than that, despite rumors/speculation which is being presented as facts to the contrary.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:20 PM

when i read stuff like that all over the web I always make sure that the same is begin said here.... I really don't trust any other place for that kind of information...

so sit tight... I know that one of the 1st places to get the real info will be right here.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Disciple

i know my anger pales in comparison to that of the Camaro team regarding this "HP CAMARO" leak... but i just read thru 15 pages of stupidity on Camaro5 and i have checked ModernCamaro and CamaroZ28 too. am i the only one frustrated that Camaro5 gets away with murder?? they have this info splashed on their homepage as "confirmed" while the stand up guys, Jason and Tim have both put posts on their website that this info is speculation and not officially confirmed by GM.

I remember when the concept images leaked and everyone was asked to pull them off their sites. why hasn't Camaro5 been asked to do this? i know this isn't the first time I remember them leaking stuff and just leaving it out there. WTF?

I have never registered over at Camaro5 cuz the people over there just rub me the wrong way and now i hate them even more. they even have moderators (TAG UR IT and Milk) in the "HP Camaro" leak thread posting up how great this news is and fanning the flames instead of reminding people this is not an official announcement. Scott S., Camaro Scotty, and Jeremy Donovan were the only ones I remember seeing on Camaro5 that put those reminders in.

so what gives? do i need to go find the Camaro5 site owners and moderators and beat them up? lol i would love to crack some skulls and throw 'em in the back of my hearses.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena
i know my anger pales in comparison to that of the Camaro team regarding this "HP CAMARO" leak... but i just read thru 15 pages of stupidity on Camaro5 and i have checked ModernCamaro and CamaroZ28 too. am i the only one frustrated that Camaro5 gets away with murder?? they have this info splashed on their homepage as "confirmed" while the stand up guys, Jason and Tim have both put posts on their website that this info is speculation and not officially confirmed by GM.
I don't see what the big deal is. I mean let people talk, it doesn't do anything. The Z28 will come out (if it comes out) at a certain date. I don't see why it's a big deal if people speculate the launch date. It's not going to come out until whatever date, and you can't buy one before whatever date.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Cool Re: Camaro Z28 production date - NOT CONFIRMED to begin 1/1/2012

Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena

I remember when the concept images leaked and everyone was asked to pull them off their sites. why hasn't Camaro5 been asked to do this? i know this isn't the first time I remember them leaking stuff and just leaving it out there. WTF?

I have never registered over at Camaro5 cuz the people over there just rub me the wrong way and now i hate them even more. they even have moderators (TAG UR IT and Milk) in the "HP Camaro" leak thread posting up how great this news is and fanning the flames instead of reminding people this is not an official announcement. Scott S., Camaro Scotty, and Jeremy Donovan were the only ones I remember seeing on Camaro5 that put those reminders in.

so what gives? do i need to go find the Camaro5 site owners and moderators and beat them up? lol i would love to crack some skulls and throw 'em in the back of my hearses.
Selena - you are awesome!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro Z28 production date - NOT CONFIRMED to begin 1/1/2012