2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

The Camaro team at GM seeks answers - official GM survey

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:44 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

The Camaro team at GM seeks answers - official GM survey

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

(and please feel free to share the following with your clubs and Camaro/Firebird friends!)

When looking at the new Camaro -- are you interested in the V6 or V8 engine? Do you seek the direct input of a manual transmission, or are you more comfortable with an automatic transmission? Will the Camaro be the car you drive every day, or just on weekends? When do you plan to purchase your new Camaro?

Now that the wraps have been taken off the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, we would like your feedback on what features are important to you.

By clicking on the link below, you will be sent to a third party site -- MyProductAdvisor.com -- where your answers to various questions are collected and analyzed.

Note - you must access the site by this specific url. http://www.myproductadvisor.com/mpa/...y.do?refId=cs3

The process is pretty easy, but a little time consuming (plan to spend about 20 minutes answering questions). The site is split into a number of sections from "Auto Usage" to "Recommendations". These sections are dedicated to general automotive consumer research -- not just sport cars like Camaro but other cars and trucks (for example you’ll be asked questions on truck bed length, four cylinder engines, turning radius, etc.). We suggest you answer the questions on the site as if your mind is set on the Camaro (or like vehicle).

Please start the survey by clicking and answering a question on "Auto Usage." You have the option of answering all the applicable questions in each section (highly recommended), or just answering one question in "Auto Usage", and moving directly to "Recommendation" button on the right corner.

In this survey, the "Recommendation" button will not provide an automotive recommendation, but will start the second part of the survey which is dedicated just to Camaro. Once the "Recommendation" button is clicked, a picture of the 2010 Camaro will appear inviting you to link into the Camaro survey. The questions will include option descriptions and price ranges; but please note, these prices are being provided to determine demand, and do not necessarily reflect final Camaro pricing or packaging.

Your answers will go a long way in helping Chevrolet bring the 2010 Camaro to market in the first quarter of 2009.

Thank you for your time in participating in this research event.

The Camaro Launch Team

Last edited by ChrisL; 08-04-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

Guys, this is no joke. Here is GM trying to guide you through a very constructed way of getting some info from you about what you want out of a car. It is kinda easy just takes a bit of time. Definitely sit down and go through it.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:16 PM

That was kinda dumb, It seems the only car in the database was the Camaro. just out of curiosity I cranked the "price" sliders up to nearly 90K and it still recommended the Camaro, with no other information I might add.

If it's just to see what the potential Camaro buyer is interested in why add all that crap about bed length and stuff?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

My guess is that since you are going to the specific link, they know you are coming from here but have to go through the usual process to get to the car recommendation. The Camaro specific stuff is what they probably want to know after that point.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:40 PM

I picked 1- to 2-star crash ratings, and it recommended the Camaro. I picked poor quality workmanship, and it recommended the Camaro. Erm... Is GM trying to tell us something ahead of time?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:00 PM

That is a confusing website.

-Geoff
Old 08-05-2008, 02:04 AM

Geez guys, take the site for what it is. It's obviously a universal program that's been tailored to the Camaro. Here GM is giving us an oppotunity know what WE would like and and instead we basically say "Not good enough......it's cr@p".

Seems like most of the threads since the release usually degrade into a a complaining/b!tching/moaning session about some part of the car that somebody doesn't like. Now were complaining about the way GM is getting our input?

The floodgates have been opened and we're finally getting the info on the REAL Camaro we've been starving for since early 2006 and all we can do is . I don't get it.

....Okay, my is done.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:14 AM

The options on the site seemed a bit lacking. For example, no mention of the HUD or a way to indicate I don't plan on buying the car until it's available.

And unless I'm missing something the closest it comes to "handling" is "turn radius". Not to mention there is no slider for weight, which I thought would be a given.

Also, the camaro-specific section was a lot shorter than I expected.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ron78Z&01SS
Geez guys, take the site for what it is. It's obviously a universal program that's been tailored to the Camaro. Here GM is giving us an oppotunity know what WE would like and and instead we basically say "Not good enough......it's cr@p".

Seems like most of the threads since the release usually degrade into a a complaining/b!tching/moaning session about some part of the car that somebody doesn't like. Now were complaining about the way GM is getting our input?

The floodgates have been opened and we're finally getting the info on the REAL Camaro we've been starving for since early 2006 and all we can do is . I don't get it.

....Okay, my is done.
So we're supposed to give them feedback but not feedback about the feedback system itself? It was a noble effort but the tool used could have been much better.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ron78Z&01SS
True, but in the end i don't know if it will be worth the effort, I think its a bit too generalized to be of much use, at least for what its being used for. the price thing blew it for me, as soon as it recommended a 90K dollar Camaro I was confused. Confusion is not a good thing. Are they asking what we want in a car? Or what options we are willing to pay for? I still don't know.

I also don't understand how this will "go a long way in helping Chevrolet bring the 2010 Camaro to market in the first quarter of 2009." Are they now saying it might not hit the dealers at that time? (I doubt it's what that means, but surely you can see how this can get confusing) I don't see how knowing if people are going to use this as a work/school commuter, or if people want heated leather seats will affect the launch of the car at all.

I did complete it though, as I fully understand that I don't fully understand the motives behind everything GM does, but I'm sure it has some use.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Freak
True, but in the end i don't know if it will be worth the effort, I think its a bit too generalized to be of much use, at least for what its being used for. the price thing blew it for me, as soon as it recommended a 90K dollar Camaro I was confused. Confusion is not a good thing. Are they asking what we want in a car? Or what options we are willing to pay for? I still don't know.
The link has a referral id. The id is specific to this car. Read the original post... the first part is general, the second is specific to the camaro. The site apparently has some recommendation system that they can't (or won't) bypass more gracefully than simply restricting it to 1 car (determined by the referral id).
Old 08-05-2008, 03:19 AM

I understand all that.

Ok, then how about this.

It asks if I want 18, 19 or 20 inch wheels, not which of the wheels I like better, just sizes. But I don't have a choice, if I'm getting a V8 I get 20's. And they aren't my favorite wheels, but I couldn't even opt for the 19's which I like better. Of course they aren't shown ON the car either, generally I need to see what they look like on a car to decide which look better on the car.

And I still don't get how this is going to affect the Launch of the car...
Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 AM

I agree, I love the aluminum 18" (IROC) wheels, but will be forced into the 20" ones. Big brakes FTW?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:09 AM

lol.... you guys find a way to BITCH about everything and anything....
Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 AM

People please stop whining and just complete the survey GM provided. It may not have every single question that you have an answer for, but it has the main ones GM is looking for. Unbelievable how much whining goes on in just about every thread in this forum.

Quick Reply: The Camaro team at GM seeks answers - official GM survey