2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro puts Challenger in the dark; Challenger gets NO mention whatsoever...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:19 PM

Re: Camaro puts Challenger in the dark; Challenger gets NO mention whatsoever...

Originally Posted by prohunter4
That's a good thing 'cause the General Lee was a bad a$$ car also.

Yeah it was good for its time..but as alot of ppl have said the new Challenger is nothing more than a photocopy.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Banned

Re: Camaro puts Challenger in the dark; Challenger gets NO mention whatsoever...

What's so new about the Camaro.It looks awfully retro to me, so what's the difference.There isn't. Some people would have liked it if it was made to look like a dog turd.Sometimes loyalty can be a bad thing,it can blind you to bad stuff.GM is way behind on the take a chance curve.Look how long it took them with the SSR.They need to take more chances and they will get back to selling more cars instead of worrying about where they will be in 2 years.Just one mans opinion.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:35 PM

What's so new about the Camaro.It looks awfully retro to me, so what's the difference.There isn't. Some people would have liked it if it was made to look like a dog turd.Sometimes loyalty can be a bad thing,it can blind you to bad stuff.GM is way behind on the take a chance curve.Look how long it took them with the SSR.They need to take more chances and they will get back to selling more cars instead of worrying about where they will be in 2 years.Just one mans opinion.

If you can't see the difference between a straight up lift of two earlier designs, the challenger, and a retro ish car, the camaro, you might need to have the doc cut back on some of the pain pills.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Banned

not.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:14 AM

Yes, let's scapegoat brand/car loyalty for the popularity of the concept Camaro among enthusiasts. And while we're at it, let's dig up the "GM is behind the curve" rhetoric all over again. You're a perfect example of the fact that GM can't win them all.

And how could you NOT see what's new with this Camaro? Funny how you say that about the Camaro despite your preference for an almost-complete design carryover on the Challenger.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:37 AM

Hey to each their own. I happen to like them both, quite a great deal, so I took the easy road, and have decided to buy one of each!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Banned

GM is behind the curve.All you have to do is drive through a GM lot to see that.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by SNEAKY NEIL
Are you kidding? I have an idea, lets get rid of everyone who isn't totally in love with the concept. Guess what, I don't really like it either and I have been here much longer than you an I bet that I am a bigger Camaro fan than you(if you want to go that route) and if I want to express my dissapointment about the concept, I will. Don't be pissed at others because they don't fall in line with how you are thinking.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Meccadeth
Do I have to join the horde?
Old 01-12-2006, 10:16 AM

Yes, or the Vorgans will read bad poetry to you until you submit!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by 91Z28350
Yes, or the Vorgans will read bad poetry to you until you submit!
/clicks "Submit reply"/

Well.. that was easy
Old 01-12-2006, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
You know, that's 100% true!

I went to see the Shelby, sat in the convertible. The car has far more horses than either of the 2. Yet the Camaro & Challenger are getting all the press.

You're right, the Challenger looked production unless you got up very close and looked at the details. Camaro was metal, but it didn't take much to see it wasn't ready for prime time.

I think Challenger is pretty awesome as well.
They were getting the press because the Shelby has been well known for a while now, the Camaro and Challenger are brand new. The press will gather where the new news is.