2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro puts Challenger in the dark; Challenger gets NO mention whatsoever...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 07:40 PM

Re: Camaro puts Challenger in the dark; Challenger gets NO mention whatsoever...

I agree with Recon. The poster he was referring to was blatantly reposting his same opinion of how he doesn't like it and not offering anything to the discussion other than "I like the Challenger better". While we want diverse opinions, reposting the same thing in the same thread multiple times over gets old.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:03 PM

Re: Camaro puts Challenger in the dark; Challenger gets NO mention whatsoever...

when i see the challenger two things come into my mind: 'which old tv show did they steal that from?', and 'boat'. the camaro is actually something new, and it's not unnecessarily large. that is why the camaro has a better chance of surviving and thriving, and prolly some of why the camaro is a bigger thing in the news now.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
The Challenger was very badass. It looked MUCH more production ready than the Camaro.

But this is no ponycar. No sir. It's a fullsized coupe. But it looked awesome. It was funny, between the Camaro and Challenger....the GT500 almost looked frumpy.
You know, that's 100% true!

I went to see the Shelby, sat in the convertible. The car has far more horses than either of the 2. Yet the Camaro & Challenger are getting all the press.

You're right, the Challenger looked production unless you got up very close and looked at the details. Camaro was metal, but it didn't take much to see it wasn't ready for prime time.

I think Challenger is pretty awesome as well.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:10 PM

Concept versus concept, like the Challenger lines better, retro or not. Waiting begins again for production versions though. Exciting times!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
I went to see the Shelby, sat in the convertible. The car has far more horses than either of the 2. Yet the Camaro & Challenger are getting all the press.
Hopefully the car will a flop! I say this not because I want to the see the Shelby fail, rather I'd like to find one for a good deal. On another note, I hear that somebody misqouted pricing and that the coupe will indeed come under 40k

I should hedge my bets! Lets see? cast iron block, solid rear axle, unpainted mirrors, small displacement, heavy weight...so many weapons so little time!

however back on topic. Glad to see the 'maro was well recieved hopefully this will spur Ford on!.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:23 PM

Dodge should have painted the Challenger in a Confederate flag configuration, a retro General Lee. Sure as I am breathing if it goes into production their is someone around here who has already thought of that.

Challenger looks good from the front and sides, but the rear looks just like the butt ugly Challenger from the seventies.

Like the Camaro, but hope some things are changed if it makes it into production. Minor cosmetics!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Scotts94z28
Dodge should have painted the Challenger in a Confederate flag configuration, a retro General Lee.
They wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole, DCX considers the G. Lee to be offensive
Old 01-10-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by bossco
They wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole, DCX considers the G. Lee to be offensive
But they painted it in the same orange as the General.

They want that connection.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:27 PM

I conceed, good point. If produced I wonder how long it will take before a challenger becomes the weapon of choice in Nascar (modifed in nascar competion friendly aero-blob of course) Seems like an natural progression. HEMI+NASCAR+Challenger= lots of drooling among those bearing a pasty white chest and well tanned arms/necks.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:30 PM

You know what, bad part on dodge. They f'd everyone on that piece of crap they now call a charger, and they were almost succesful on the launch of another Iconic car. They don't understand the power of the Camaro addicts, we havent seen the challenger in decades, but it wasnt to long ago our babies were rollin off the line. Good try by dodge, but come back next year.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by bossco
I conceed, good point. If produced I wonder how long it will take before a challenger becomes the weapon of choice in Nascar (modifed in nascar competion friendly aero-blob of course) Seems like an natural progression. HEMI+NASCAR+Challenger= lots of drooling among those bearing a pasty white chest and well tanned arms/necks.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by SNEAKY NEIL
Are you kidding? I have an idea, lets get rid of everyone who isn't totally in love with the concept. Guess what, I don't really like it either and I have been here much longer than you an I bet that I am a bigger Camaro fan than you(if you want to go that route) and if I want to express my dissapointment about the concept, I will. Don't be pissed at others because they don't fall in line with how you are thinking.
Ok, dont be a moron. I never said any who doesnt like it needs to leave. That would be stupid. The way he posted in about 5 or 6 thread, about how it is crap and wont sell because he doesnt like it, and whatever else he said, was just retarded. ANd he said it over and over again... say it once and leave it. Let everyone else give opinions, and let them have their own opinion, and thats that. not tell everyone that their opinion is wrong because you said so. Theres no need for that. It is a Camaro board, why would you continue to gripe about it other than to cause a stir? Thats all he was trying to do. It irratated me. I simply said that if he wanted to discuss how much he doesnt like it, there are many places that he would be a lot more welcome. Such as other boards that arent Camaro boards. Its alright to have different views on things and discuss them, but not when you are going to act like he was. And as for you, I wasnt talking to you so shut your mouth! haha. Im JUST KIDDING. Sorry. lol. But I understand that people will have different opinions of things, and Im ope to them discussing them. I just got tired of the way he was going about it. Go read his posts from that day. every one of them was repeating the same thing over and over, while he badmouthed what everyone was here to be happy about. Let me go to some girls birthday party and tell everyone what a **** she is. Thats just not nice.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Banned

:d :d :d
Old 01-11-2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by kefkafloyd
But they painted it in the same orange as the General.

They want that connection.

Its the first thing I thought of looking at that big orange box.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AnthonyHSV
Its the first thing I thought of looking at that big orange box.
That's a good thing 'cause the General Lee was a bad a$$ car also.

Quick Reply: Camaro puts Challenger in the dark; Challenger gets NO mention whatsoever...