2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Homecoming/Ontario Nationals Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:45 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Camaro Homecoming/Ontario Nationals Update

FRONT PAGE NEWS!

Good morning, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

June is just around the corner and the excitement continues to build for the Camaro Homecoming and the 23rd Annual Ontario Camaro Nationals. We want to thank you all in advance for your passion and support!

As we move forward with our planning we wanted to update you on a few event details at this point. These updates will come out more frequently as we get closer to June 10th:

· >>>Vehicle check-in will be open on Thursday afternoon in the plant parking lot. To register your vehicle and secure your spot on the tour, visit www.ontariocamaroclub.com. Remember, this is the only official tour & event registration location.

· >>>The June 10th Plant Tour will be a free-flow walking tour. You will not be placed into groups, nor will you have an assigned tour guide. There will be more than 150 volunteer marshals along the route to ensure your safety. The doors will open at 9 a.m. and the last folks will start the route at 5:30 p.m. You may start the tour at any time during that period. We anticipate the tour will take you about 2 hours, as it is an approximately 2.5 km route. Please feel free to take your time. Wheelchairs will be accommodated, however, it will be on a shortened modified tour. Cameras will be allowed, but there will be a couple of locations where you will not be permitted to take photos. These very few areas will be clearly identified.

· You are going to hear this next point a lot in the coming weeks, but we cannot stress it enough –
The only safety requirement you must meet is footwear: NO OPEN TOE SHOES / NO SANDALS / NO HIGH HEELS.
If you show up wearing this type of footwear, you will not be allowed on the tour. There will be no exceptions.

· Please be sure to thank our volunteers inside the plant, they are giving up their free time to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable tour!

· June 10th – Guinness World Record Attempt – WE NEED YOUR HELP! We will be attempting to set a couple of Guinness World Records on Friday. Make sure you are registered at www.ontariocamaroclub.com to ensure you are on the official Guinness list. By registering either your vehicle or signing up for the tour, your name will be automatically included on the official list.

· You don’t want to miss the events on Saturday, June 11th – we’re still finalizing the run of show for the day, but here are some things we can share:

· Chevrolet will be making a Camaro announcement at this event.
· Saturday will be the only day that Chevrolet autograph sessions will be held with Al Oppenheiser, Cheryl Pilcher, Dan Hermer and other Camaro team members and Oshawa Assembly Plant employees
· Special OCC Nationals awards will be given out as well as Celebrity-Pick Awards by the Camaro team members for their favourite Camaro / Firebird in the field

Now for a few additional logistical details:

· Alcohol is not permitted on GM property
· If you are not able to bring your Camaro to the event, but do have another vehicle to park, parking will be available in the lot on the south side of Wentworth street.
· Merchant and food vendors and special displays will be on-site
· There will be a silent auction to raise funds for Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario
· Once again, for the plant tour, you must wear appropriate footwear: NO OPEN TOE SHOES / NO SANDALS / NO HIGH HEELS. If you show up wearing this type of footwear, you will not be allowed on the tour. There will be no exceptions.
· Those coming from the US, don’t forget that you will need a passport to cross the border.

Thanks to all for your patience as we work through all of details to pull this momumentous event together! We will be in touch soon with further information.

Cheryl, John, and Scott
Old 03-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Admin Emeritus

Re: Camaro Homecoming/Ontario Nationals Update

Thanks for the update, Scott!!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, I'd really like to attend. I wonder if I'll be able to pull it off!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Scott, I would love to attend, but my wife & I already have plans for those dates. If you pass my thanks to the Camaro team as well as the production people at the plant, I would sincerely appreciate it. I picked up my 5th gen about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I had VERY high expectations and they have been wildly exceeded. Chevy hit an absolute homerun with the 5th gen f-car.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:28 PM

I might try to get out of work early that day and drive up with a friend of mine. Will my Trans Am be allowed to park with the many Camaros, or will it be relegated to the "other lot"?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 AM
BBOMG Organizer

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
I might try to get out of work early that day and drive up with a friend of mine. Will my Trans Am be allowed to park with the many Camaros, or will it be relegated to the "other lot"?
All Firebirds are welcome to attend and will park with the Camaros.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM

Awesome, I hope to attend. It sounds like a great time.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:10 PM

cant wait!