2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Focus Group Article, Photos and Convertible Test Drive Video!

Old 05-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Arrow Camaro Focus Group Article, Photos and Convertible Test Drive Video!

Okay, I managed to type up a quick article talking a bit about driving the Camaro convertible concept and of couse, the Camaro focus group.

https://www.camaroz28.com/articles/c...verttestdrive/

Any questions or comments? Post them here!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Disciple

Great writeup Jason...
Old 05-30-2007, 08:38 AM

How hard was it to not romp on it?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:22 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
How hard was it to not romp on it?
Not really that hard, it is speed limited to around 40 mph or less. Having Scott Settlemire riding in the passenger seat helps keep things in line. Not to mention, when you are driving a car that costs more than you will probably make in your lifetime, you tend to be somewhat delicate. At least for me anyway.

When I get my own, it will be another story.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

nice
Old 09-05-2007, 08:59 AM

I have been a Camaro man all my life...but I am sorry, I am just not feeling this new camaro...Mustang has finally did it. That Shelby blows this new camaro away...forgive me for my betrayal
Old 09-09-2007, 10:35 AM

Concept

Jason.......Thanks for a great write up!

I know I may be a little old for Chevrolets ideal buyer (over 50!) but after seeing the concept @ the Rev-it-up show @ Englishtown...........All I could say was WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to buy a coupe, Z28 little/no options and Orange

Gary
Old 09-09-2007, 08:48 PM

Why were they so emphatic about not dropping the trunk lid??
No auto closer?
Any talk of DIC changes?
Nice write up, glad you get some seat time and maybe tell'em what we think..
Old 09-09-2007, 09:20 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by 90rocz
Why were they so emphatic about not dropping the trunk lid??
There were no springs to hold the trunk up. It was free swinging on its hinges. The only thing holding it up is a cotter pin they had to slide into the passenger side hinge.

One of the GM guys is almost pointing at it in this pic. It had a wire leash attached to it, so you can see it pretty easily in this pic....

Old 09-10-2007, 01:23 AM

Nicest car there: https://www.camaroz28.com/gallery/ma...?g2_itemId=470
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 AM

Good stuff Jason! Id love to be able to be part of the focus group.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by BlacLac02
so you cant discuss anything that they said about the car?
Not at this time.

that sucks.
Yes, it sucks not being able to talk about it, but what we are not able to talk about doesn't suck.

when are we goign to hear more about this car. i dont want to wait until next year.
I think that as time passes we will hear more and more about the car more frequently. One thing is for sure, you are on the right web site for it. Don't worry, we will know things soon enough.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD

Yes, it sucks not being able to talk about it, but what we are not able to talk about doesn't suck.

I think that as time passes we will hear more and more about the car more frequently. One thing is for sure, you are on the right web site for it. Don't worry, we will know things soon enough.
that's good enough for me...for now.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

so ...not to try to get something out of you but did they mention things like the powertrain and stuff like that? or is that asking too much?
Be sure to cover the whole article...

Chevrolet covered nearly every aspect of the next Camaro by asking questions and listening very carefully to the answers.
and how in the hell did you get invited to something like that? yeah i understand about the fact of being a camaro freak but there are alot of us out there. how did they pick /let you go?
They didn't just pick random people off the street. They picked people that they knew very well with years of being dedicated to the car and who could effectively represent the rest of the Camaro community. Read the article if you haven't already.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:04 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

i did read it but how do they establish one camaro enthusiest from another. if someone isnt running the camaro area meetings does that meen they arent an option for the discusion? i guess what im getting at is what do you need to do other than be a dedicated camaro owner,and being part of many camaro organizations,to get into that?
We aren't talking about powertrains for a good reason -- we don't want the competition to know what we're up to! (ever play poker? ever show your hand before you should????)

If we'd gone out to every website and invited everyone to submit an essay, we'd be spending days and days reading essays -- our job is to design, engineer, and build cars and trucks.....so we had to 'narrow down' how we'd go out looking for enthusiasts.

Suffice to say that EVERY member of the "12 disciples of which there are 15" are hard-core Camaro enthusiasts. They are well known in their circles. They spend a significant time on websites/organizing club events/working with other enthusiasts. 8 men -- 7 women -- oldest is in 60s -- youngest is 20 -- two from Canada -- the rest from around the country. All generations represented as well as Corvette and Firebird!

Each of these 'disciples' submitted a 250 word essay telling us why they believe they'd do a good job representing Camaro/Firebird enthusiasts......there were a substantial number of essays submitted. A few were immediately rejected due to grammar/spelling/attitude.

I truly believe we picked the right people.

......and who knows -- we may do this again after the car launches......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro Focus Group Article, Photos and Convertible Test Drive Video!