2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 03:04 PM

In light of my post on the first page, I'd like to restate what I'd be looking for in the car:

HUD
Cooled seats
Heritage grille, Blade spoiler
Multiple interior colours/ambient lighting

In test driving one the other day, I loved the car. Compared to driving my 1997 V6 daily, the clutch felt different. I guess that is in part to it having more than twice the power I'm used to. My iPhone was able to be plugged in and used as an iPod but I didn't have time to link the bluetooth to the car. Maybe a 2nd USB port or even an option for an iPhone dock could be incorporated to the glove box? I've got the feeling that I will be taking a USB flash drive, filling it with music and plugging it in but given my career and requirement to be a phone call away, it'd be nice to have the capability to charge my iPhone, or even any cell phone, without having to unplug the USB stick.

Performance, bang on, and I'm sure that we're in good hands for keeping this car in line and in front of the competition. Everyone else has commented on handling so that does not need to be said by me.

The orange Indy car had white stripes continued across the dash on the inferno orange trim. Maybe that could be an option as well if someone orders the stripe package?
Old 03-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
...and very soon in Richmond.
Richmond VA at the Super Chevy show?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:57 AM

Creature comfort:
1. True tilt steering wheel like the 4th gen and earlier.
2. Telescoping steering wheel.
3. Telescoping pedals.
4. Stiffer clutch pedal like 4th gen.
5. Switch to turn off skip shift instead of having to buy a kit.
6. Nav system.
7. Cooled seats.
8. Better seat belt loop retaining system. Silly snap is useless.
9. multiple USB ports.
10. Larger sun visors.

Performance:
1. Short throw shifter standard.
2. More rear end gear choices.
3. Affordable track pack.
4. Wider rear wheels to accommodate 315+ series tires.
5. More aggressive camshaft profile
6. Taller 6th gear to get around gas guzzler tax when paired with lower geared rearend.

Looks:
1. Dovetail spoiler option.
2. Lose the mail slot.
3. Heritage grill.
4. Make front spoiler available without the rest of ground effects package.
5. Black out kit/option for light bezels.
6. Factory window tint.
7. Hide-away headlight covers.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V

My iPhone was able to be plugged in and used as an iPod but I didn't have time to link the bluetooth to the car. Maybe a 2nd USB port or even an option for an iPhone dock could be incorporated to the glove box? I've got the feeling that I will be taking a USB flash drive, filling it with music and plugging it in but given my career and requirement to be a phone call away, it'd be nice to have the capability to charge my iPhone, or even any cell phone, without having to unplug the USB stick.

The Camaro has bluetooth so when someone calls you wouldn't have to disconnect...just start talking through your car's speakers. Call comes in, radio turns off, car starts ringing...pretty cool feature I love not having to ever take my phone out of my pants pocket (or in your case with the iPhone out of the center console) it makes driving the stick shift a whole lot easier
Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 PM

-HUD
-Cooled Seats
-Heating element in the seats for your back, not just your butt
-Memory package for driver 1 and driver 2
-Backup camera with monitor in rearview mirror
-Track pack with better handling, better gear ratio and maybe some sort of cold air induction and an exhaust with a more muscular sound(make that last one standard on the SS)
-Map lights
-put a better shifter in the car, the stock shifter is terrible
-get rid of the mail slot or make it functional.
-Painted rallye stripes
-make the midnight silver finish on the RS wheels darker, something closer to the competition gray like the vettes have
-heritage edition like the Challenger has. Give it the heritage grille, old school script Camaro emblems, painted rallye stripes, houndstooth seat inserts and maybe bring back a couple of old school 1969 Camaro colors like Hugger Orange, Rallye Green and Windward Blue.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 AM

Hill hold assist for the manual cars, like Dodge offers, pretty cool feature and not expensive to add. I think in the Dodge Challengers it holds you from rolling backwards for 2-3 seconds after the brake pedal is released. Cars had this 40 years ago why not now.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:52 AM

FWIW, I won't be at the meeting but I have a few words based on the donor cars we have here and the complaints i continually read about...

There needs to be a 'Track Pack' version.
- Give the TP bigger brakes (i.e. rotors) akin to the CTS-V's.
- Give it the option of a performance suspension with lower ride height (10mm).
- Give it the option of 3.73 diff gears.
- Give it sharper steering and handling.
- Reduce the size of the steering wheel and give it a thicker HSV style rim.
- Give the transmission a slick, smooth, short-throw shifter with leather wrapping.
- Give it Recaro style sports front seats without the power adjustments.
- Give the instrumentation cluster more legible "black on white" graphics to distinguish from the mundane versions.
- Give the pedals an alloy face / race style look.
- Give the LS3 a nice set of headers.

That's the Track Pack spoken for... as for the rest of the lineup, just give the interior higher grade plastics that are soft and nice to touch!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 AM

I have a question about focus group members meetings. From the meetings that have taken place, what changes did GM actually listen to and spark "change in the Camaro."
Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 AM

I say it again, 10mph increments on the speedometer, I'm sick of these 20mph increments on everything these days! You can't read that quickly at 75mph in traffic on the Interstate, you should be able to quickly glance and determine your speed.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 AM

One forgotten aspect of the car is the passenger. The seat is pretty basic. Passengers tell me they sit too low because there is no adjustment for height. ladies like to be at the same height as the guy driving and vice versa I am sure...My GF comments on this often.
The stock exhaust is just a little too quiet. It snaps to attention when you press it but a little more bark without being annoying to neighbors would be nice.
The sunroof should be able to close with one touch instead of holding button.
Personally I have never seen a big handling problem....not racer twitchy and stiff like my C5 was but I like the feel and the weight on the road.
Dont screw with the ride ...PLEASE. its damn near perfect.
dont change the windows as has often been suggested...the main styling feature that differentiates this car is the tight chop windows..I love them...
I think a back up camera built in somewhere would be nice on the top car and maybe optional in a package on less expensive cars.
Nav is not really an issue for me. Those systems are expensive and unless you sell real estate I am not sure its a deal breaker for lots of folks
I love that glass roof on Mustang GT...not sure if it's feasible on Camaro and not sure how functional it is since you lose the sunroof but sure is sexy.
I have said this before and I am not sure what the big huge challenge is but a true TARGA top would be a huge ++++ IMHO. I believe the car has enough structure and this would make the car a true summer piece .
My C5 with the Targa top basically had the targa top off all summer and the car was such a pleasure with the wide open roof...I know you can get small leakage issues but hey GM...we went to the moon...
I would pay a nice premium for this option.
If there was a way to not cover up the engine as much in the engine bay and denote 6.2liter or LS3 or something to make the bay look more special and why so much electrical tape showing on wiring harnesses and stuff...most other manufacturers ahve learned to move away from this....
Adjustable headrests were standard in my 92 Camry LE 4 cyl. They were a joy. Gave you an added safety margin and comfort and it points to the need for some improvements in the overall seat although its pretty good it could be better. the suggestiona have been made on this one and please dont lose the length of the seat as it gives your legs good support but if one looks at Rallyart, BMW, Genesis seating one can see that Camaro has some work to do there.
and you guys thought all I could do is GUSH......lol
Old 04-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 426HPSS
The stock exhaust is just a little too quiet.
Interesting -- I thought it was just about perfect, and Motor Trend said it was too loud. I'd say they struck a nice balance here and if people want something different, they can go buy it from Magnaflow (or whoever).
Old 04-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by savage99ss
I have a question about focus group members meetings. From the meetings that have taken place, what changes did GM actually listen to and spark "change in the Camaro."
See this quote from another thread...

Originally Posted by JasonD
To be truthful, there was so much talked about that day and since it was going on a couple of years ago, it is a bit had to remember. It is hard to say if what we were asked about was already in place and they wanted validation from us if it was the right direction. We really didn't get info on the status or true intent of the direction we were being asked about. There was no significant "we are going to do this...". It was more, "what do you think of this?" and then listened to our answers. The feedback typically went one way, from us to them. Not many secrets came our way.

I'd like to get into more detail but we are still under a confidentiality agreement and I do not know if they plan to introduce more results of our feedback in the future.

To answer the question...

"Was any input from the Camaro focus group incorporated into the Camaro?"

Yes.

Was any input not used? Yes, but portions may be in the future. We don't know.
And just because we are not addressing every post in this thread doesn't mean we aren't paying very close attention.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
See this quote from another thread...

And just because we are not addressing every post in this thread doesn't mean we aren't paying very close attention.
Thanks!!!!

-Now what I would like to see is a GPS HUD display, if there is not a way to incorporate a screen in place of the radio. Make the HUD display able to display a gps screen on the windsheld.

-More interior colors/combos.

-More wheel options, give me something with a lip on the rear wheels.

-Power pass seat.

-Heritage edition, someone hit on this earlier. Use old school emblems, specific retro paint(only available for heritage edition), and most important houndstooth interior.

-Trac-Pac. Keep this simple. Diff gears, diff exhaust, and different color enlays for the interior console guages. Or maybe a different design for spedo and tac guages.

I think all of these are do-able with the current gen.

*weight - see next gen
*suspension - trac-pac or next gen
Old 04-07-2010, 11:45 AM

Jason

Please, you and the focus group members. Again please say that we need, since they dropped ABM. Jetstream blue for the SS. It would be greatly appreciated if you and members could pass that along to the Camaro team.

Thanks Jason for your work with them and for this thread.

Rock on
Old 04-07-2010, 06:16 PM

Exterior-
New rear valance/exhaust off the Dusk concept

An all Chrome grill, dip the black plastic one in chrome looking paint. Not a redesign just a chrome standard grill. Also what about a Silver colored grill?

Body colored standard grill with the sides of the columns and horizontal secondary pieces painted flat/gloss black

Interior-
New interior with Awesome quality(complete redesign with a well thought out HVAC/Radio controll set up). Need's a Navigation screen with HUD as an option.

Shifter **** size is too large. Need's to be downsized a bit. Not everyone has basketball player hands. Make it round without the flat sides and eliminate that dumb stitching down the middle, it looks stupid and is uncomfortable.

Current interior with it's boring design and xbox controll button-Boom box music player display HVAC/Radio is a swing and a miss

Have the designer's look at the new Mustang, Corvette or even the new malibu interior for inspiration. Need's new (better) materials period. Quality is garbage and comparable to late 90's quality. Material guy should look for a new job.

How about some soft plastic on dash and center console where you lay your arms? Suede/leather dash covering would be nice maybe only for the Z28 though for price reasons.

IMPORTANT:This time make sure interior designer(s) remember to include the right side of dash as part of design and don't fall asleep halfway through the process

Gauges- Need new larger diameter gauges with some new font/graphic element besides the standard word program font
Also the current gauges are about the size of Oreo cookies

Better attention to detail from real aluminum/chrome trim rings to a nicer set of needles larger then a 1/4 of an inch in length.

Exhaust-
Louder, more aggressive tone for SS and V-6.

Engine- Keep LS3 numbers, bump up L99 just a bit.

Bump up 3.6 v-6 power just a few digit's after all its a numbers race to the uninformed. Car performs well.
Check this one off the list (312 H.P./278 T.Q. now nice)...did the 2010 V-6 already have these numbers and they simply underrated it?

Wheels-
427 Concept wheels (standard) on SS or atleast an option
BBS looking wheels off of DUSK concept standard or an option for V-6/SS

Handling- Stiffer springs for SS model.

Weight- Most important issue. Camaro team need's to find a jenny Craig plan for this hefty front runner. If somehow they could realistically cut even 150-200lbs this car would be a lot better in every performance aspect. And even better fuel economy would just be icing on the cake.

Exterior Colors-
Nassau Blue variation
Elhart Green variation
Dark bowling green metallic variation
Hugger orange

Interior color/trim-
Alcantara leather (Dusk) interior leather/dash set up
Black leather with red suede inserts

Thanks for looking into these problem's Camaro team! Maybe the 2012 will address these completely.

Last edited by CamaroZ282008; 04-09-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!