2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SweetZRag
I don't mean to take this thread on a tangent but 2, 3 & 4 have never happened to me and if you use a remote alarm key fob, they can't. If GM had your best interest at heart, they would enable the system to use your mobile phone (via bluetooth) instead of forcing you to purchase a redundant subscription to OnStar. I don't need 2 cell phone services.
The OnStar phone is a satellite phone, not a cell. It works anywhere in the world. In many new GM cars, bluetooth integration is there, but if there's no cell signal at all, the sat phone will still work.

The likely hood of having an accident where several people don't quickly see it and call for help for you is too remote to make this service worth the price where most people live. At a minimum it should be an option, not standard, for those who live in remote areas where there might be a little value.
Well, you certainly aren't required to renew your subscription after the first year. That gives you one year to decide if it ever proves worthwhile to you.

I know a guy who had a minor fender bender with another guy. They were both at fault and neither wanted to involve the police. But guess what, too late. OnStar already called the police. No thanks. I'll make that decision. And how will you feel when your insurance carrier starts using the data about your driving style to increase your rates?
Not calling the police after getting in an accident is illegal.

The loss of privacy far outweighs any possible benefit of this system. <snip>
I think you're a bit excessively paranoid. I think most people would agree. That's your right, but you should realize that your opinion isn't fact, and isn't even the majority.

This equipment does not belong in a muscle car.
What does being a muscle car have to do with it? Muscle cars drive on the same roads, most of the time with the same careless drivers yammering on cell phones behind the wheel, as econo-cars and A-to-B appliance cars. I gather that you object to OnStar-like services regardless of the type of car, so I guess I just don't know why you threw that in there at the end.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Once again, a lot of the posts lately really belong in another thread. Starting a new one in the appropriate forum is just as easy as replying to this one. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:55 AM

In Transformers the interior trim pieces on the doors are color matched. Could this be a possibility for the newer cars so that they are color matched to the color of the car?
I think that would be a neat touch.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:32 PM

Its been said before, and I didn't really give any credence to it.. until I got my car Wednesday night...

There needs to be an option (or gm official part) for altering the passenger seat height. My wife gets motion sickness and the dash/belt line height/visibility makes it worse.

She loves the car and loves to ride in it.. but hates how it makes her feel because of what seems to be an afterthought.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:22 AM

Short & sweet.BUILD A Z28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:20 AM

I rented one a couple months ago. I loved it. There was just one small thing that bothered me.....It was an automatic, I had the GPS plugged in and I couldn't fit my hand around the shifter. Move the power point to the IP and give me a second one while your moving it! Other than that, the drive from Las Vegas to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon was great, doing 80mph with the cruise on I got 29.5 MPG!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 AM

I don't know if i already said this.. but.. I can't stress it enough...

more especial editions... it helps the mustang... why would the Camaro be any different? but make it more than just cosmetic things. A bump in HP? maybe wider tires/wheels? tighter suspension? stuff like that

Originally Posted by Ed 2001 SS
This is an idea I totally agree with.

come on Ed.. make the jump... you know you can always get aftermarket seats if you really have to have them that way....

or am i gonna have to let you take my car for a spin?

Last edited by jcamere94z28; 07-15-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:34 PM

I am a new member here but I am a Camaro owner. The next Disciple meeting is coming up next month, sounds like fun! So I have been reading the posts and maybe it is just me but when I am driving I have to reach up and loosen and re-position my seatbelt because it seems to always be digging into my neck. I do have it in the factory little seatbelt holder @ the top of my seat but that definitely does not solve the problem. Can this be worked on for the future models?? I really don't want to put one of those cushiony seatbelt covers because lets face it, they just look ugly on such a bada$$ car! Thanks for listening...

Old 07-15-2010, 02:53 PM

id like to see more options available. wish i had nav. i wish there were more color options for the interior panels too. more wheel choices would be nice too. even though its an ss, i think their should be a few more wheel choices. the vette has a few i think.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Disciple

Keep those comments going. We're in the final month countdown to the next Disciple visit to Detroit.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

Yup! And the meeting is being solidified.

What do you think about a Z28? What do you hope for the convertible? What do you think the Camaro should be like in 5 years? Don't be shy, just be constructive!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
What do you think about a Z28? What do you hope for the convertible? What do you think the Camaro should be like in 5 years? Don't be shy, just be constructive!
I'm anxiously awaiting the 2012 MY as I want to see what is in store for this rumored interior update.

In a perfect world I'd like a Victory Red Z28 with a black leather interior with red accents. I'd also like a real in-dash NAV system like Cadillac and Buick, I'm not a fan of OnStar. (Had it, didn't use it, don't need it.)

Also if factory stripes are standard on Z28, please give us a "stripe delete" option.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 PM

? What do you think the Camaro should be like in 5 years?
Oh man Jason, how much time do you have? I could go on about this for a long, long time.

5 years from now, we'll be talking about the Alpha 6th gen. What would I like to see?

Rather than pick through 50 or 100 posts where I've commented on my 6th gen wish list, I'll briefly hit some high points.

1) Smaller and lighter (of course, duh!!!!!! )

2) Class leading, if not world class, chassis dynamics. Go for world class though. Class leading in this respect merely means better than Mustang. I'm sure they were going for "class leading" with the 5th gen and apparently under shot it. Camaro should aim higher than that.

3) Far more direct and precise steering feel.

4) Better visibility, since that increases the driver's situational awareness, which adds to the "fun to drive" factor. I cannot tell you how many people I talk to who have passed on the car for that specific reason.

5) Go easy on the whimsical retro stuff for the interior next time. In fact go in a completely different direction. I'd like a modern "driver's" environment.

6) It is critical for the next car to be insanely popular in base engine form. Both for CAFE reasons and for the continued future of the Camaro brand. We're probably talking about a well done turbo four powerplant, great looks, LOTS of (say it with me)"fun to drive", and various cool options and packages at a fair price. It needs to attract new and passionate buyers from different demographics (read under 35 years old) than the current Camaro SS does.

7) Do the Z/28 right, PLEASE?! We all know what it's supposed to be - come on, just do it next time.

8) Oh, almost forgot. For the continued business success of the next Camaro, it needs to share it's architecture or component sets with other products. The current Zeta 2 Camaro is a lone wolf orphan with no other products to share costs and development with. Not good. The next Camaro will hopefully have all kinds of exciting cousins to share development, components, suppliers and an assembly line with. Imagining which pieces the ATS-V and 6th gen Z/28 will share gives goosebumps.

Last edited by Z284ever; 07-22-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:59 PM

i have a comment about a convertable z.... why? i understand that it helps reach the car to more people who want the power and the vert, but if everyone complains about it now, why make it heavier with the vert? i think it should just be sold as a performance coupe. no drop tops.
will we be hearing anything about this meeting after you go or is it top secret until "unveiling"?

i already told my wife, once the 6th gen comes out, im buying a Z28(if its made and still around). shes seems to be fine with it. and i dont have to sell any of the other cars! mine should be paid off by that point.

another statement on my behalf..... offer the mid level v8. kinda like the vette has. the base vette 6.2, z06 7.0 and the zr1 s/c 6.2. i would have loved to get my car in the 7.0. i know it may not be as easy as it was back in the day but i wish we had more options.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Yup! And the meeting is being solidified.

Well I think in addition to better handling suspension some more time should be put into ergonomics and road feel feedback through the Steering.

Granted I havent had a chance to drive one but that seems to be a common complaint that if true I would have to agree with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!