2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Buying Frenzy???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyTuinals
No offense dude, but why are you here? I have yet to read anything from you that's positive or enthusiastic about this car. If you're not, then thats fine, but why keep coming here then?
To me I will most likey buy the Camaro SS at INVOICE when the car hits the dealers lots.
By then the ecomomy will be worst then it is now.
Many more dealers will be out of business and unemployment will be higher and the banks will still not give loans out as freely as they used too.....
You need people like me on here
You have many dealers on here trying to hype their products.
If you're a fortune teller, the least you could do is tell me who wins the superbowl
Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Banned

Look if you don't like my Freaking outlook then wellll what can I say...
JETs will Make it to the playoffs and the Giants will win the superbowl again lol
Old 10-14-2008, 08:12 PM

Look if you don't like my Freaking outlook then wellll what can I say...
JETs will Make it to the playoffs and the Giants will win the superbowl again lol
I liked it the first 3 or 4 times I read it.

Better hope the Browns aren't on the other side of the ball
Old 10-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Banned

I like the Browns
Geeee your from Texas
Its ashame about Tony Roma(he can go back and make spare ribs}
Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 PM

marvb549,

The Camaro5.com forum boards have a thread for everyone to post confirmed below or at MSRP dealers. The thread has gotten pretty long so I didn't have a chance to look for anything in your specific area. But I know there are a lot of long-time posters from Texas and then CamaroScotty who may be able to help with shipping one to you. The link it below. Best of luck to you and your girlfriend. Unfortunately I'm trying to patiently wait for the convertible and it is getting really hard not to just go buy an SS with sunroof.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621

And I agree about all the negativety going on in the posts. Unfortunately it is happening on all the other 5th Gen forums. Newbies who know it all, old-timers who won't trust anyone and then get out right mean and then the lurkers who just troll and then post something that adds nothing of value to the threads. Oh well I guess the Camaro is stirring up LOTS of passion.

Last edited by mjwaldschm; 10-14-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by marvb549
Just for the record, since my integrity seems to have been questioned, I would like to make one thing perfectly clear. I have no dealer affiliation whatsoever. I am a telecommunications project manager that is currently in Iraq supporting telecommunications needs for the US Army.

I am a long time Camaro enthusiat and have owned three previous versions prior to my recent 5th gen order. I also now own a 75 Camaro that I intend to restore and make a nice car out of.

My desire is to see GM do well and to see the Camaro do even better than expected. With no GM, I am not sure there is a car out there for me. I was merely trying to see if what was seen in Houston was isolated or common. It was just a question to get a response from other fellow enthusiasts around the country.

It boggles my mind how supporting the success of a car you have always enjoyed make you automatically have a dealer affiliation.

So much negative BS goin on here. It is only a car and there is no need for the BS. If you don't like the car or the manufacturer, then take your attention elsewhere. Leave the site for the ones that do so it can be enjoyed.

Have a great day!
Don't worry about Johnny Toenails, he's about as negative as it gets and is just trolling.

You might want to check out the link posted above from the other site about dealers offering MSRP...I believe JasonD might've been working on a similar list as well.

Oh and thanks for your service
Old 10-15-2008, 03:11 AM

Thumbs up Mssion Accomplished!

Originally Posted by My Red 93Z-28
Don't worry about Johnny Toenails
I like that and fits too, the ingrown variety. I think he should change his handle to chicken little. The sky is definitely not falling!!!

You might want to check out the link posted above from the other site about dealers offering MSRP...I believe JasonD might've been working on a similar list as well.
I appreciate all the help. I am happy to say that because of the assistance from this site, my girlfriend went yesterday and made an order for a 2010 2LT/RS A6, Silver Ice with Gray Rallies. Now I don't have to face the nightmare of seeing a pony in her driveway and even worse having to drive or ride in it. I can now rest easy!!!

Oh and thanks for your service
Thanks and much appreciated. Looking forward to gettng back stateside.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Banned

Ha Ha Ha
Johnny toe nails,,,,,,,
Naaaaaa just give me 2 tuinals or even 1 Quaalude and I will be happy.....
I guess many of you really think you will be getting loans on yea cars ha ha ha.
Yep put those orders in and most will be walking away without a car....(some will get a loan but most will walk away and will have to buy used}
I would say MANY will put mostly cash down
and the others ,,,well the others will have their camaros wiith a 16% interest rate.
So if you don't have a 700 Plus credit rating,,,then I would say why are you wasting your dealers time you free loaders lol
Ohhhh yea I guess you didnot see how bad the stock market is today
Close them little banks up and see the bigger ones grow.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

Fortune: "GM: Better off bankrupt"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're a Detroit pessimist (currently known as a "realist"), this is just the mainstream catching up to you. If you're accustomed to the BS typically printed by the business press, then you might treat this as a contrary indicator. Either way, it's not a particularly pleasant read:

GM: Better off bankrupt

Quote:
GM certainly is keeping a close eye on its cash these days.

One supplier reports he is now getting paid 60 days after he presents an invoice - not the 30 days he was used to. Worse, the clock doesn't start ticking until after the bills get approved in Detroit - and then sent to Arizona for processing.

Next thing you know, GM will be inflating its float by cutting supplier checks on banks in Fiji that will take weeks to clear.

It is a measure of GM's desperation that it is reported to be considering a linkup with Chrysler to get access to Chrysler's cash so it can remain in business. The idea has provoked nearly universal skepticism among analysts and GM watchers.

Quote:
Bankruptcy would give GM a chance to negotiate further cost reductions with its union workers, work out its obligations with those suppliers that are still solvent, and help speed the rationalization of its dealer body.

Would GM then be stigmatized as the only bankrupt auto company? No way. Ford (F, Fortune 500) and Chrysler would immediately find that they have been made uncompetitive by GM's actions and quickly follow it into Chapter 11.

Flying one bankrupt airline felt a little awkward, but by the time half a dozen were in the same condition, it seemed perfectly natural. That would apply to the Detroit Three. There is still an appetite out there in America's heartland for Detroit iron, and in the end bankruptcy may be the best way to continue to satisfy it.

The biggest problem I see with this is that it'd wipe out most of the US automotive suppliers. Bosch, Denso, and Continential could survive due to their size and diversification, but a lot of smaller domestic suppliers would instantly be insolvent due to the huge amount of accounts-payable cash that GM withholds from suppliers as a way to keep its own ship afloat
Old 10-15-2008, 02:20 PM

No way man this is not now Tickle me Elmo doll craze in 2002 man, talked to my dealer today and so far 3 pre-orders wih deposits out of 25 allocations up from 18 as what chevy launch stated monday. 2 local dealers shut there doors within the past 2 weeks so I think that how they got a higher allocation. I think alot of people like that car but not everyone is enthusiast whom will commit prior to even sitting in the car. Once they hit the lot then they will be sold, but even the dealer said if they sell the 25 from feb-march whenever they start hitting to sept, which is when 2nd allocation comes in he would be surprised! which surprised me.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:24 PM

Thanks god for credit unions 6.5% or 6.0 with 20% down, and possibly 5.5 if I use there car connection people! They may get me a little above invoice if I can wait but if not 6.5 is good for ME.

Damn its good to be married to a county worker! County Federal Credit Unions all the way, no messing with the bank BS!

Ha Ha Ha
Johnny toe nails,,,,,,,
Naaaaaa just give me 2 tuinals or even 1 Quaalude and I will be happy.....
I guess many of you really think you will be getting loans on yea cars ha ha ha.
Yep put those orders in and most will be walking away without a car....(some will get a loan but most will walk away and will have to buy used}
I would say MANY will put mostly cash down
and the others ,,,well the others will have their camaros wiith a 16% interest rate.
So if you don't have a 700 Plus credit rating,,,then I would say why are you wasting your dealers time you free loaders lol
Ohhhh yea I guess you didnot see how bad the stock market is today
Close them little banks up and see the bigger ones grow.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned

Its good to be a county,city,state or even federal worker...
At least you know you will always have your job and will collect a pension.
Better then a car salesman on a unemployment line in 2009
Old 10-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Okay, JohnnyNegativity...now's the time you take your doom and gloom somewhere else. What you call the truth is what we call raining on everyone's parade.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by marvb549
I like that and fits too, the ingrown variety. I think he should change his handle to chicken little. The sky is definitely not falling!!!

I appreciate all the help. I am happy to say that because of the assistance from this site, my girlfriend went yesterday and made an order for a 2010 2LT/RS A6, Silver Ice with Gray Rallies. Now I don't have to face the nightmare of seeing a pony in her driveway and even worse having to drive or ride in it. I can now rest easy!!!

Thanks and much appreciated. Looking forward to gettng back stateside.

Marv-- THANK YOU -- sincerely -- for serving your country and allowing us to enjoy the lifestyles we're able to have in this great country of ours.

I'm pleased that your friend was able to get her Camaro ordered -- and I'm sorry I didn't see this post earlier............

Johnny - please -- you really need to tone it down --
Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 PM

Its good to be a county,city,state or even federal worker...
At least you know you will always have your job and will collect a pension.
Better then a car salesman on a unemployment line in 2009
BAN, been annoying me last few days. your on a camaro forum, how about be more "camaroy" or get off, jeez

Quick Reply: Camaro Buying Frenzy???