2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Buying Frenzy???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:51 AM

Cool Camaro Buying Frenzy???

I just got word that there is a dealer in Houston with an allocation of 17 and 50 people standing in line to order. Anyone else have similar stories or informaton?

Anyone know of any dealers in the Houston area that are selling at MSRP?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned

HA HA HA
Anyone beieve that story will believe anything
Old 10-13-2008, 12:39 PM

Well unless my girlfriend is lying to me regarding her efforts to find a place to place an order, I would say it is very true.

Always so negative!

Life goes on!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:59 PM

I'm south of Houston. Talked to two dealers today and I couldn't nail either one down to commit to MSRP.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

Yep I went to my local chevy dealer and there was a line out the door,it made me feel like I was on a line at a bake shop lol.
There must have been at least 100 people inline lol.......

Naaaaaa I don't think anyones is running out to buy these cars and
too say that there was line makes me wonder what dealership you work for
Old 10-13-2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyTuinals
Yep I went to my local chevy dealer and there was a line out the door,it made me feel like I was on a line at a bake shop lol.
There must have been at least 100 people inline lol.......

Naaaaaa I don't think anyones is running out to buy these cars and
too say that there was line makes me wonder what dealership you work for
No offense dude, but why are you here? I have yet to read anything from you that's positive or enthusiastic about this car. If you're not, then thats fine, but why keep coming here then?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM

he joined in june 08. obviously hes a troll with no life
Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 PM

My guy at my dealer told me that GM recently sent an e-mail out to respond to about 600,000 inquiries about the car. Now "inquiry" can be anything, but I'd say that's a good amount of interest.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:35 AM

Just for the record, since my integrity seems to have been questioned, I would like to make one thing perfectly clear. I have no dealer affiliation whatsoever. I am a telecommunications project manager that is currently in Iraq supporting telecommunications needs for the US Army.

I am a long time Camaro enthusiat and have owned three previous versions prior to my recent 5th gen order. I also now own a 75 Camaro that I intend to restore and make a nice car out of.

My desire is to see GM do well and to see the Camaro do even better than expected. With no GM, I am not sure there is a car out there for me. I was merely trying to see if what was seen in Houston was isolated or common. It was just a question to get a response from other fellow enthusiasts around the country.

It boggles my mind how supporting the success of a car you have always enjoyed make you automatically have a dealer affiliation.

So much negative BS goin on here. It is only a car and there is no need for the BS. If you don't like the car or the manufacturer, then take your attention elsewhere. Leave the site for the ones that do so it can be enjoyed.

Have a great day!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:44 AM

I went to dealer and they said they still had 16 spots left for their ordering... I took that with a grain though because they also told me the options levels hadn't been released and the V8 would come in just under 3700 lbs.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon
I'm south of Houston. Talked to two dealers today and I couldn't nail either one down to commit to MSRP.
That is exactly what she has a problem with as well. Can not get anyone to talk to her at all. I am trying to work with my dealer in Virginia, bu they are saying they want to keep the cars local. Sucks to be sure. She is also a die hard Chevy enthusiast and has owned nothing but Monte Carlo SS all her life. The absense of that car has her looking at the V-6 Camaro as an option.

Anyone knows a dealer that will sell at MSRP and deliver to Houston will probably get an order. Sad part about it is that she needs a car and if she can't get one of these will probably go buy a Pony and sit on it for a few years and not be very happy about it, but needs of life and budget dictate the choices we make.

Any help would be appreciated. It would make me cringe to see her go buy a Mustang.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:22 AM

does anyone have a number of how many orders were put in yesterday? i am very curious to find out.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
No offense dude, but why are you here? I have yet to read anything from you that's positive or enthusiastic about this car. If you're not, then thats fine, but why keep coming here then?
Agreed...give it a rest, it's getting old.

Originally Posted by marvb549
Just for the record, since my integrity seems to have been questioned
Pay him no attention...he trolls on here fairly regularly.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by marvb549
That is exactly what she has a problem with as well. Can not get anyone to talk to her at all. I am trying to work with my dealer in Virginia, bu they are saying they want to keep the cars local. Sucks to be sure. She is also a die hard Chevy enthusiast and has owned nothing but Monte Carlo SS all her life. The absense of that car has her looking at the V-6 Camaro as an option.

Anyone knows a dealer that will sell at MSRP and deliver to Houston will probably get an order. Sad part about it is that she needs a car and if she can't get one of these will probably go buy a Pony and sit on it for a few years and not be very happy about it, but needs of life and budget dictate the choices we make.

Any help would be appreciated. It would make me cringe to see her go buy a Mustang.

I know it's a drive, but she could probably do it over the phone and w/ FedEx, Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX (DFW) will sell at MSRP. Ask for Mike Carnes.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned

To me I will most likey buy the Camaro SS at INVOICE when the car hits the dealers lots.
By then the ecomomy will be worst then it is now.
Many more dealers will be out of business and unemployment will be higher and the banks will still not give loans out as freely as they used too.....
You need people like me on here
You have many dealers on here trying to hype their products.

Quick Reply: Camaro Buying Frenzy???