2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Advertisements -- ...Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
those are better than the 3 page ads GM pays for in those mags I think
well if their advertising in magazines is like the advertising my company does in magazines, its actually more costly to be on the cover. alot of magazines make you pay to be on the cover and then you still have to pay to be in the magazine with a right up. maybe they arent like that but i think they are, concidering they were on so many magazines in the same month.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

Although the Camaro Team is very excited for the car, it is difficult to do any advertising until the car actually is on the ground. Complicating matters is the financial condition of the company that is no secret. In case it wasn't noticed, but Chevrolet really isn't doing a lot of television advertising for any vehicle line.

Stay alert, though...there will still be a presence, including online.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
In case it wasn't noticed, but Chevrolet really isn't doing a lot of television advertising for any vehicle line.
Case in point... Do you really know how much it costs to put ONE 30 second ad on during the Superbowl?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16874732/

CBS wants 2.6 million.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 AM

It didnt work for the GTO.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:54 AM

Although the Camaro Team is very excited for the car, it is difficult to do any advertising until the car actually is on the ground. Complicating matters is the financial condition of the company that is no secret. In case it wasn't noticed, but Chevrolet really isn't doing a lot of television advertising for any vehicle line.

That's pretty true, Jason. I guess we're just getting excited. We all know how great GM's television commercial advertising was for the 4th gen (too few and far between) and there seems to be a gap on good marketing and advertising on their part. There's so many great things about their company and they just don't get the word out. How many people (non-car buffs) know that Chevrolet is the 3rd best brand in the world for overall fleet MPG? Considering #1 was Mini (given with the mini-cooper), Honda was #2, Chevy #3 and Toyota #10... that's definitely something to brag about. They should have been advertising that point so much that everyone in the US knew it. I just hope that they do a good job advertising and getting the word out to all the non-car buffs to let them know the car is coming. While we all know advertising is expensive, if GM doesn't get the word out about their products than all the non-educated (non-enthusiasts) will think GM is still that 70's giant making bad quality vehicles.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:22 AM

ive been seeing alot of gm commercials lately. more than usual i think. the ones i have been seeing are of the 2 competator cars in the background in the shadows. then it will show the cobalt, cts, malibu,impala.ive also seen alot of cadillac commercials. ive seen these commercials alot.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
well if their advertising in magazines is like the advertising my company does in magazines, its actually more costly to be on the cover. alot of magazines make you pay to be on the cover and then you still have to pay to be in the magazine with a right up. maybe they arent like that but i think they are, concidering they were on so many magazines in the same month.
I didnt know how that worked. You have to pay for a write up? What if that write up is bad??
Old 12-27-2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I didnt know how that worked. You have to pay for a write up? What if that write up is bad??
The more you pay the better the review. Not just with cars. It works that way with almost everything --electronics, furniture, etc. there is precious little journalism in journalism anymore.