2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro Advertisements -- ...Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:23 PM

Question Camaro Advertisements -- ...Where are they?

So the question was raised on my site and I think it's a great discussion and a good point too.

Here we are only months away from the Camaro coming out. ...Where are the commercials? Where are the advertisements? We already know from a previous discussion on here that they don't plan to do any Superbowl ads on the Camaro (BIG MISTAKE...) so what do they plan to do?

Heck, you can order yours now at the dealership and there's been absolutely no advertisements on TV or the radio for it. No one knows they can even order it. I haven't even seen any Chevrolet dealerships advertise on the television that they're taking orders.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:25 PM

GM needs to focus on products they already have for sale in their showrooms, not vehicles that are still 3 months out.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:34 PM

People in general don't want to spend money on things they cannot have now. There have been plenty of advertisements in magazines, on the internet and in televised media (TV/Movies) even if you don't notice it. Transformers ring a bell?

Advertisements don't necessarily need to say "All new Camaro, starting at 21,995" to get the message across.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:51 PM

I see a lot of Dr. Pepper "Win a Camaro" ads.
They have the silver car on them.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:08 PM

Just seems like there would be a few commercials floating around by now. Obviously Transformers gets to a certain crowd but unless you see the movie what good does that do? Even so, it lets you know that there IS a Camaro but it doesn't let you know when. I'm just really hoping GM doesn't drop the ball with advertising and really gets it out there for the non car enthusiasts to hear about it. I'm sure there's a LOT of people out there that do not know they can go into their local dealerships and order the new Camaro if they wanted to let alone know that it's coming out in a few months. Heck, even here in Detroit I have a few people in my office that come up and go "Wow, are they ever going to make that car?" when they see my picture of my Camaro next to the 5th gen convertible - I'm always happy to let them know that not only are they making it but they could go put the order in now if they wanted to and it will be coming out in a few months.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:38 PM

ive seen advertisements for it in newspapers. its up to local dealerships to do anythign as far as advertising it. but as far as tv and radio. radio is another one where its up to the dealer. tv is where chevy comes into play. you cant do it too soon and you dont want to do it too late. but they are probably cutting back alot of their advertising budget so that local dealership do some of it on their own. i would say that once february comes around, there will be some comercials. they already have a done a good share of advertising for the car before it even came out. my own worste enemy, fashion rocks show, transformers1 and soon 2. they will be fine. they know what their doing.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
So the question was raised on my site and I think it's a great discussion and a good point too.

Here we are only months away from the Camaro coming out. ...Where are the commercials? Where are the advertisements? We already know from a previous discussion on here that they don't plan to do any Superbowl ads on the Camaro (BIG MISTAKE...) so what do they plan to do?

Heck, you can order yours now at the dealership and there's been absolutely no advertisements on TV or the radio for it. No one knows they can even order it. I haven't even seen any Chevrolet dealerships advertise on the television that they're taking orders.
I completely agree. There should be a commercial(s), and at the very least, magazine advertisements for it by now. I have yet to see any. This total lack of media advertisements is a bit odd, but could have something to do with GM's lack of operating capital. I've been calling around asking for brochures and color samples and all I get is the shoulder shrug.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:05 PM

They should have color samples soon if not already, I believe. My fiance works at Merollis Chevrolet (Eastpointe, MI) and they received their color chips last week.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

I know locally here, Buff Whelan Chevrolet has been advertising the 2010 Camaro in the Sunday paper ads in the Detroit Free Press since they started taking orders. They have a 55 car allocation.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:30 PM

Guess I need to start reading the Free Press, Chris!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:57 PM

Someone posted and said they got an Ad in Playboy, and I can verify that there have been articles and adverts (dealers saying they are accepting preorders) in the Vancouver Sun.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
I know locally here, Buff Whelan Chevrolet has been advertising the 2010 Camaro in the Sunday paper ads in the Detroit Free Press since they started taking orders. They have a 55 car allocation.
Yea..but as of two weeks ago the still had 20 unsold cars of their allocation. Thats why they ran the ad in sundays paper.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by meissenation

Simple answer.

The car isn't out yet.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by monstertodd
I completely agree. There should be a commercial(s), and at the very least, magazine advertisements for it by now. I have yet to see any. This total lack of media advertisements is a bit odd, but could have something to do with GM's lack of operating capital. I've been calling around asking for brochures and color samples and all I get is the shoulder shrug.
actually i have a whole crap load of the magazine the camaro has been in. it was on the cover of all the big magazines in the same month.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
actually i have a whole crap load of the magazine the camaro has been in. it was on the cover of all the big magazines in the same month.
those are better than the 3 page ads GM pays for in those mags I think

Quick Reply: Camaro Advertisements -- ...Where are they?