2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro 1LE Performance Track Pack

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 AM

Re: 1LE Camaro Option to Compete with Boss 302

Originally Posted by slt
1LE?? Well that's a wonderful name, lol. Couldn't they come up with something a little more inspirational than that? "Boss" sounds a whole lot more appropriate for a track edition.
Originally Posted by slt
Yeah, because that what matters to potential buyers, what the RPO codes were 25 years ago in 1987. I get the history of it, but there's better names that will ring with and excite the average buyer.
Ever hear of RPO Code Z28?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 94LightningGal
Where are the Recaro seats??
I think it has become obvious by now that Chevy is not interested in offering aftermarket seats in the Camaro. That said, I wouldn't care if the seats were branded "GM", "Recaro" or "Craptastic" as long as they hold me in place reasonably well.

Originally Posted by uluz28
Coming in under 3 seconds at VIR is impressive to say the least.
Well yes, that would be quite an accomplishment.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM

Re: Camaro 1LE Performance Track Pack

Well that gives you the option of using wider tires in the rear.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:35 AM

yeah, i wonder why they didnt just put 4 20x10 wheels with the 285 on it?
Old 03-28-2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 96_Camaro_B4C
Oh man, that would be sweet. They are quoting the same LS3 with 426 hp, though, so I wonder if that was just an issue with the rendering, or if there really is something to that...
Originally Posted by Big_Z
Did anyone else notice the 8000 rpm tach with 7000 redline?
I was on camaro5 last night, and I think Fbodfather debunked this as some artistic license on the part of the artist that did the rendering. Oh well, wishful thinking
Old 03-28-2012, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
I think it has become obvious by now that Chevy is not interested in offering aftermarket seats in the Camaro.
My impression is that she was referring to something like the factory Recaros offered in the Cobalt SS.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Super60
The new touch screen and dual - mode exhaust are a game changer for the up-coming 2013 model year It is very exciting to be a part of this Team.
dual mode exhaust - pretty cool, but how is the touch screen a game changer?

Also, to bad GM couldn't have bumped the rev range of the engine without great expense, I'm unfamiliar with the valve sizes in the LS3 and the LS7 but it would have been nice if they could have raided the parts bin and increased the LS3's redline without resorting to the LS7's exotic materials.

In any event this is great, its to bad that Dodge isn't whipping up a track car.

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Ever hear of RPO Code Z28?
That struck me odd as well, but the 1LE Camaros have a pretty storied history. It was really the only game in town if you wanted an affordable track day car. Ford din't have anything to compete until the 93 model year with the Cobra R's which were really a modest effort.

Last edited by bossco; 03-28-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by bossco
...how is the touch screen a game changer?
More of a game changer for the Camaro itself. It should have had touch screen from the start.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
More of a game changer for the Camaro itself. It should have had touch screen from the start.
Agreed, I think Mustang had touch screen nav around MY 09, maybe as early as 08.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Too be honest, GM touch screens, I have found to be very user unfriendly. I'll see if I can get my hands on this one and work it out.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:51 AM

This is another blatant slap in the face to the Z28, it's history, and all of the requesting, writing in, e-mailing, and general want that there has been for it for years now. First the last second ZL1 name change and now this BS. They couldn't have added some power, left off the flat black stuff, changed a few things around, and called it Z28? I wonder whose bright idea at Chevy it was to name the car that's going against the Boss after a barely known model option instead of THE FAMOUS MODEL ITSELF that should be doing battle with the car?! Just incredible Camaro Team. Really. Maybe you guys should call up Ford so they can tell you how a Z28 should be done LOL. Unbelieveable.

Last edited by IZ28; 03-31-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chewbacca
My impression is that she was referring to something like the factory Recaros offered in the Cobalt SS.
That's basically what I was getting at. I don't think GM is offering Recaros in anything right now, not even the ZR1. I don't see the fact that they aren't as overly concerning though, I think people get enamoured with the name.

Originally Posted by IZ28
This is another blatant slap in the face to the Z28, it's history, and all of the requesting, writing in, e-mailing, and general want that there has been for it for years now. First the last second ZL1 name change and now this BS.
Wow, haven't seen you around in awhile! Let's wait and see what they come up with. There's still the future potential of the '1LE' being rebranded 'Z28' with a hotter LS3. As it sits now, I'm fine with it just being a '1LE'. Don't we still want Z28 to be something really special above and beyond an SS (with or without 1LE)? I think this package was put together quickly as an answer to the Boss. Highly doubt Chevrolet isn't aware of the Z28 crowd.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:31 AM

Hello Z28Wilson! Yeah, it's been a while, I just came back to post about this. Are you surprised? I hope they prove me wrong but it just looks like disrespect. It'd be simple to make a Z28 out of that, it's just a huge missed opportunity. How will there be room for a hotter Z28 as you say with this "1LE" coming out? I just don't see it.

Last edited by IZ28; 03-29-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by IZ28
This is another blatant slap in the face to the Z28, it's history, and all of the requesting, writing in, e-mailing, and general want that there has been for it for years now.
That's one perspective. Another (as I mentioned on the other site) could be that the Camaro team takes the Z28 designation very seriously due to all of that hand wringing. Perhaps much more seriously than before. Perhaps they have a clear, probably idealized, notion of what such a car should be and they honestly don't feel they can get there with this platform in a cost effective manner. Perhaps they feel it was better to not stir up that hornet's nest and wait for the 6th gen to do a Z28.

*shrug* Or not. Pure conjecture on my part.

However, it's been said by our mutual acquaintance that the current Camaro management "gets" Camaro moreso than past management. Hence my speculation.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chewbacca
That's one perspective. Another (as I mentioned on the other site) could be that the Camaro team takes the Z28 designation very seriously due to all of that hand wringing. Perhaps much more seriously than before. Perhaps they have a clear, probably idealized, notion of what such a car should be and they honestly don't feel they can get there with this platform in a cost effective manner. Perhaps they feel it was better to not stir up that hornet's nest and wait for the 6th gen to do a Z28.

*shrug* Or not. Pure conjecture on my part.

However, it's been said by our mutual acquaintance that the current Camaro management "gets" Camaro moreso than past management. Hence my speculation.
I agree. I think if they are to make a 5th gen Z28, they will wait till the Gen V small blocks arrive, or just do it on the next generation. 1LE fits this car just fine, Z28 I'm not sure would.

Quick Reply: Camaro 1LE Performance Track Pack