2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the attention is borderline ridiculous...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Depending on who it is determines whether or not I like it. Car people are cool to talk to. I had someone stop traffic on the interstate so he could film me pass - that was ridiculous!!! Lots of people wanting to look inside. Lots of drive by pictures. Met lost of good folks.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:33 AM

About ten years ago I had A talking viper alarm with a proximity sensor. If you got to close it would say "STAND BACK PROTECTED BY SECURITY SYSTEM, STAND BACK" in a deep robotic voice, LOL, It kept people away, sounds like you guys need one, it was funny watching people get back! LOL.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:27 AM

not a word of a lie....I was gonna take it last night to go get a coffee a few kms from my house and I thought to myself " Nah....dont want to take an hour for this errand because the last time I went there I could not get out of the car people were around so much"...so I took my Jetta.
But, I do remember doing it to other people when I saw nice new cars...so I guess us "car guys" are all the same....
Any other good stories??
Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 AM

Personally I think that viper alarm is annoying and seems cheep and ricey to be putting on a new Camaro.

I have to admit, I have followed several people in the new Camaro into parking lots and which ever, just to get a closer look at them. I never touch them and usually just give a quick hello to the driver if they are there. They all have that Camaro smile on their face!

Honestly, I wish I had one right now for the fact of all the attention that they are getting. I would be very upset though if people where coming up and touching and leaning on the car. I say; enjoy the attention well it last, because it will be a long time before you ever drive a vehicle that will get more attention then this Camaro has and is getting!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
They guy I talked to today politely asked if he could look inside. I went in and got the keys and let him open the door. Cool dude with obvious automotive respect.
i wish they were all like that. unfortunately.....they arent.

when i was at a car show last weekend, there was a guy who came up to it and said" it looks like a mustang." ...now, even if you dont know jack about cars, you can clearly notice that this car does not look like a mustang. he must have been a for fan.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Administrator

when i was at a car show last weekend, there was a guy who came up to it and said" it looks like a mustang." ...now, even if you dont know jack about cars, you can clearly notice that this car does not look like a mustang. he must have been a for fan.
I've heard that said to me on more than one occasion as well. It's mostly by people who aren't "car people", but still have taken a huge interest in the Camaro.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:31 AM

and the stories about new camaros continue.....yesterday I stopped for a coffee and was approached by a lady as I was going in the shop: "Is that black car a new Porsche"?? I am NOT kidding.....I could not stop howling....
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 AM

what would even give the lady the slightest clue that it might be a porsche? i dont understand some people. even if you dont know what your talking about, it shocks me, the things that come out of people mouth.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:28 AM

As long as you're getting attention from the ladies ... you really have nothing to complain about.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:15 AM

i dont really need the attention from the ladies. got mine in the passanger seat.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i dont really need the attention from the ladies. got mine in the passanger seat.
Yes but that Camaro does wonders for one's ego!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:03 PM

Hi everyone. New to the board.
I placed my order in Feb for IBM SS2 and have not received it yet. Last weekend I couldn't wait any longer so I rented an LT2.
Eveywhere I went people came to see the car. For me, it was enjoyable talking to everyone. It certainly brought out the best in people.

This afternoon I found out that my order never went through and I would have to start all over with the order process. This evening I found a dealer that has the IBM SS2 RS enroute and placed the order with them.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:45 AM

How can you not love attention and drive a Camaro? These cars just bleed "attention *****"

My Z28 gets a boatload of attention everywhere I go and I love it, yes I admit I may be a bit of a showoff but there is nothing like knowing people love and respect your car. Makes you feel good!

I can only imagine if I had a 2010 SS
Old 06-23-2009, 05:31 PM

One cool thing was the first day I got it, me and my buddy went straight to Hooters from the dealership. He was driving his KR, I was driving the SS. My car got all the attention. Several of the Hooters girls wanted to go for a ride. One even made an "x-rated" offer. It was really cool, especially for a 39 year old.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:54 PM

you wouldnt believe the attention i get i am in a town of 11000 people n i am the only confirmed one with a 2010 camaro just nuts how all the civic guys want to race

Quick Reply: the attention is borderline ridiculous...