2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the attention is borderline ridiculous...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 AM

the attention is borderline ridiculous...

I parked at Canadian Tire the other day to run in and grab some wheel locks for my 20's and I am questioned and stared at all the way in and out of the lot including more than a dozen people around the car.
What I dislike the most are people leaning towards the car and putting their hands on my car to look inside.
But then again next year they may be as common as BMW 3's around here. .....Dont even look at those anymore....
Those who have picked up cars .... Do you like all the attention or is it a little distracting??....Guess I am not an attention seeker ...just love beautiful muscle cars...
Old 06-16-2009, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by 426HPSS
I parked at Canadian Tire the other day to run in and grab some wheel locks for my 20's and I am questioned and stared at all the way in and out of the lot including more than a dozen people around the car.
What I dislike the most are people leaning towards the car and putting their hands on my car to look inside.
But then again next year they may be as common as BMW 3's around here. .....Dont even look at those anymore....
Those who have picked up cars .... Do you like all the attention or is it a little distracting??....Guess I am not an attention seeker ...just love beautiful muscle cars...
yes the attention can be entertaining. however at the same time can ruin your day when you get a few of the negative guys making snide remarks about the car! after a while it gets aggravating when you have the guy who obviously sucks at life trying to point out the bad things about the car! however the attention will be around for a while . the challenger has been out some time now. and they still get swarmed at local car shows here!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

I kinda know what you are saying. Sometimes you just want to drive without the disctactions. However...

I often gripe about celebrities who want to be famous and then complain when they cannot have a cup of coffee in public without being bothered. Well, either they want to be seen or they do not want to be seen is what it comes down to. Package deal.

You are driving one of the hottest cars in many years so you need to at least expect it once in a while. Embrace it while you can!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:41 AM

Yea, enjoy it now before all the grandma's are driving it like I see in 4th gens now!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:59 AM

I am thankfully suprised that the vette doesn't attract any more attention than it does. It's kind of a quiet color (white) so that may help, but I'm glad not to draw any attention. The other day wifey and I saw our first F5 in the wild, a yellow SS, and we immediately swarmed the guy. Turned out he was the owner of a small Chevy store in north Texas, and when wifey said she wanted one, he tossed her the keys, and said to bring it back when she was ready. Now she wants to drive up an hour and a half away to buy from the guy. lol
Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Turned out he was the owner of a small Chevy store in north Texas, and when wifey said she wanted one, he tossed her the keys, and said to bring it back when she was ready. Now she wants to drive up an hour and a half away to buy from the guy. lol
Now that's a guy that knows how to give good customer service!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 AM

I know what you mean... it's crazy no matter where you go... stares and people asking questions left and right.

Give it a few months and the hype will die down.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator

That's what happens when your driving a Celebrity around town. I actually don't mind it too much - it gives me an opportunity to answer questions and give more information on the Camaro.

The excitement this car is bringing is just incredible! I stopped at 7-Eleven this morning to pick up a Redbull. I come out to a guy walking around my car and checking it out from every angle. I started talking to him and he just couldn't believe how beautiful the car was. When he heard about the pricing and the gas mileage for the V6 car (even the V8 car), he couldn't believe it. He said "You can't beat that! This is the type of car every American manufacturer should be making".
Old 06-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

I walked out to get the mail at work today, and some guy was from a building nearby was in his Jeep looking at mine in the parking lot. After chatting with him a bit, turns out he used to come here to this site for help on his WS6. Cool guy.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 PM

i like the attention but not when im not by the car. i noticed when i go to restaraunts that alot of people go and look at the car. i would rather they notice it while im in it drving rather than them come up to it and putthere hands on the windows to look in.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:40 PM

Yeah it is pretty comical. Just got mine yesterday, and I can see it out the window from my desk at work, and everybody in the business park has either come out and looked, or did a drive-by. The hands on the glass thing to look inside is a little annoying, but it is pretty funny. And I'm not much of an attention person either.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by jachevy28
The hands on the glass thing to look inside is a little annoying
I would be very tempted to put "please don't touch" signs in it like the old guys do at the car shows.

Seriously, some people are too much. Apparently they haven't learned the "don't touch without permission" rule I learned when I was like 5. I guess if you're not a car enthusiast you don't know.....
Old 06-16-2009, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by 426HPSS
I think thats right. If it really bothers you wait a bit. Once they are everywhere you wont have that "problem". I remember being at a car wash in 2005 and seeing for the first time a 2005 Mustang V6 (Probably driven by a salesman) and giving the guy a thumbs up. Now GT's are plenty. I think youre dead on with the 3 series analogy tho. Not exactly rare but very pretty and very nice cars
Old 06-16-2009, 04:34 PM

Don't really mind the attention, but I would certainly be upset if I see someone leaning on it or putting their hands on the window to see inside.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

They guy I talked to today politely asked if he could look inside. I went in and got the keys and let him open the door. Cool dude with obvious automotive respect.

Quick Reply: the attention is borderline ridiculous...