2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asking Opinion on a Camaro Sighting.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 AM

Asking Opinion on a Camaro Sighting.

So on the way to class this morning, I saw a flatbed truck driving on southbound I-35(I was northbound) and on it's trailer were two cars, a Buick(I believe) and a 2010 Camaro.

Now I have been keeping track of Camaro's I have spotted "In the wild" on my signature, but seeing as this car was on a truck, should it be counted as in the wild? It could either be a mechanical failure one(in which it was being towed back to the dealership to get repaired) or it could be going from it's delivery point to the dealership it was purchased.

Do you think I should count it as number nine, or because it was not moving under its own power, classify it as I would a car on the lot?

Side Note: On the same drive I was passed by a Dodge Challenger and glanced in to see the driver. It was a lady in at least her 40's or 50's with hair curlers on. I was laughing so hard. . .
Old 07-24-2009, 09:34 AM

I say count it.

Since you can't 'unsee' you're first LIVE sighting of a new car, why should this not count.

IMO.

Jeff
Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 AM

Well, because I don't count all the cars I've seen at dealerships so this one could go either way, and this would be number 9, not number 1.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 AM

I know this could be 9, but what I'm saying is, since you can not UNSEE the very first time you ever see a new Camaro (or any new style car for that matter), you must always account it to 'the first time' - no matter where it is, ie: Dealership, on a truck, at a show, on the street, etc.. But, you must abide by the condidtions you've made, which, IMO, since it was NOT at a dealership (since you do NOT count those) that you should still count it.

My first live experience was from about 200-300 yards away from a dealership as I drove by at 65. It sucked, but it will always be my first sighting. My condiditons are as simple as whenever/wherever I see them.

You have a dealership condition on your tally, this car was on a truck, so it counts. If the truck was at the dealership - no count.

I guess what I'm saying is that I would never create a count/tally with your conditions, since you con't control the first time. Hope this makes sense.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:39 PM

Well with the dealership thing, I've just lost count. In the wild I remember every sighting. I have decided, based on your first time thing, that if this had been the first one I'd seen, I would count it as in the wild, so BAM number 9 is on the list.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:54 PM

are you honestly counting how many times you have seen a camaro?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
I was thinking the same.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:09 PM

I think I saw number 10 today... up until this point it was a non-voluntary count based on excitement/rarity and I'd have to make a consious effort to keep track going forward. So the count stops here and I'm considering the car fully arrived.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:27 PM

Here's a question:

If you see a car carrier (AND you COUNT ones you see on carriers) and there was say..... 5 on there. Would that count as 5 or 1???

Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM

Get a life dude ...
Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
I was thinking the same.
Originally Posted by Vette Pro
Get a life dude ...
Originally Posted by Captain Jeff Z28
Here's a question:

If you see a car carrier (AND you COUNT ones you see on carriers) and there was say..... 5 on there. Would that count as 5 or 1???

People Post Threads here ALL the time about spotting camaros. I'm just counting the ones I've seen on the road and putting them in my signature. I'm pretty sure when it gets ridiculous, I'll stop updating and change my signature but for now it is just a fun thing to do from time to time.

Oh and before I forget:
Old 07-25-2009, 09:19 AM

Thanks for sharing the little square with the red x in it with us
Old 07-25-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vette Pro
Thanks for sharing the little square with the red x in it with us
Yeah it appears just fine as far as I can tell(even using a different signal), the problem is on your end, my friend.

But here's the link if you can't see it
Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 AM

Im still on hands.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:03 AM

now that the car is outon the streets i think the counting thing is a little much. but hey its your time wasted not mine. but if this were early last year when the test mules were out, that would be the time that i would have counted. now, its just nuts. i would be adding a new number a few times a day. every time i walked in my garage i would have to go back to my computer and change my number.

Quick Reply: Asking Opinion on a Camaro Sighting.