2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Announcing Neiman-Marcus Camaro Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Admin Emeritus

Announcing Neiman-Marcus Camaro Convertible

(If you thought a potential $50k Camaro Z28 was a lot of coin, read on!)

Originally Posted by fbodfather
Today in Dallas, Texas, Neiman Marcus unveiled their 2010 Holiday Catalog. The Neiman Marcus catalog is world renown for their luxurious, high-end, and special holiday gifts. Over the last ten years, the catalog has featured some of the rarest, most unique automobiles ever created and sold. Never has a Chevrolet model been offered for sale in their catalog – until now.

Chevrolet is pleased to announce we have teamed up with Neiman Marcus to create the 2011 Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro Convertible. This special edition convertible model -- based off of the Camaro 2SS – features such unique characteristics as Deep Bordeaux Tri-Coat exterior color with painted rally stripes; 21” wheels with red flare accent; and Amber leather-appointed interior with red flare accent stitching. A hero card with an image of this model is attached for reference.

Only 100 of these unique Camaro Convertible models will be offered for sale on Tuesday, October 19, 2010. The only way this model can be purchased is for customers to call the Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro Convertible Call Center at 12 Noon sharp, Eastern Time, on October 19, 2010. The first 100 callers will receive a “pin” authorizing the sale of this model.

It is important to note only retail customers are eligible for this program. Direct to dealer and dealer employee sales are not eligible.

Finally, if you are interested in viewing the entire Neiman Marcus catalog on line, please visit www.neimanmarcus.com/christmasbook(the Camaro Convertible is featured on pages 44 and 45 of the catalog).
Attached Thumbnails Announcing Neiman-Marcus Camaro Convertible-nm_camaro1.jpg   Announcing Neiman-Marcus Camaro Convertible-nm_camaro2.jpg   Announcing Neiman-Marcus Camaro Convertible-nm_camaro3.jpg   Announcing Neiman-Marcus Camaro Convertible-nm_camaro4.jpg  
Old 10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

More details...

This year’s Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, a legendary source for providing consumers access to
alluring and mystical gifts, will feature a one-of-a-kind automotive legend – the 2011MY Neiman
Marcus Edition Camaro Convertible 2SS ($75,000 MSRP1). This world-class Chevrolet will include
exclusive content and be of limited quantity with only 100 units being built and sold. Camaro
enthusiasts and premier shoppers alike will have an opportunity to reserve their place as one of
the fortunate 100 on October 19, 2010, promptly at noon EDT, by calling 1-877-NMCMARO
(1-877-662-6276). Production begins early 2011.

The Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro Convertible
Where can I find a copy of the Neiman Marcus
Christmas Book?
The world-famous Neiman Marcus Christmas Book is
distributed to over one million homes worldwide and is
currently available online at www.neimanmarcus.com.

Where can I find more information on the 2011
Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro Convertible?
Chevrolet.com/Camaro has more details on the 2011
Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro Convertible including
video and photos. It’s here where you will also find
additional information on the 2011 Camaro Coupe and
all new Camaro Convertible (set to debut early in 2011).

When will the 2011 Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro
Convertible be available for purchase?
To be one of the fortunate 100, eligible consumers can
call 1-877-NMCMARO (1-877-662-6276) promptly at
noon EDT on October 19, 2010. Please note that there
is a limited quantity of Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro
Convertible models available (100). Neiman Marcus and
Chevrolet anticipate a very high call volume with buyers
attempting to secure orders. The phone calls will be
taken in order as received (1-100). Please see below for
full program rules.

How much does it cost?
The MSRP for the 2011 Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro
Convertible is $75,000.1

What special content is included on the 2011 Neiman
Marcus Edition Camaro Convertible?
The 2011 model year Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro
Convertible is a top-of-the-line Camaro 2SS model that
includes the following equipment:
Performance
• 6.2-liter V8 engine
– Choice of a 426-horsepower six-speed manual or
400-horsepower six-speed automatic transmission
• Brembo® high-performance disc brakes
• Pirelli P-Zero™ ultra-high performance tires2
• StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System
• 4.5-link independent rear suspension
Exterior
• LED Halo-Ring Headlamps
• Exclusive tri-coat exterior paint in Deep Bordeaux
with ghosted stripes
• 21-inch five-spoke wheels3 with
Brilliant Red detailing
• Bordeaux-hued convertible top
• Silver-painted windshield surround
Interior
• Exclusive combination of Amber leather-appointed
interior with Brilliant Red accents on the center
console, steering wheel and shift ****
• Bluetooth®4 for select phones
• USB interface5
• OnStar® with Turn-by-Turn navigation6 standard for
6 months
• XM® Radio7 with three-month trial
• Boston Acoustics® premium eight-speaker, 245-watt
sound system
• Front- and side-impact air bags8
• Rear Parking Assist

1. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
2. Summer-only tires tend to wear faster and are more susceptible to damage from road hazards or curb impact than standard profile tires. This type of damage is not covered by the GM New
Vehicle Limited Warranty. You may want to get different tires if you expect to drive in winter conditions. See your dealer for proper tire selection.
3. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations may change the vehicle’s performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, go to
gmaccessorieszone.com or see your dealer for details.
4. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
5. Not compatible with all devices.
6. Visit onstar.com for coverage map. Not available in certain areas.
7. XM Radio requires a subscription, sold separately by XM after the first 90 days. XM Radio U.S. service only available in the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia.
For more information, visit www.gm.xmradio.com.
8. Always use safety belts and the correct restraint for your child’s age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured
in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with a passenger air bag. See the Owner’s
Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 PM

Interesting that the wheels look basically like the concept car wheels.

Oh, and I was hoping we'd see a glimpse of the weight on the spec sheet, but no luck! Damn.

A pricey NM-edition car would not be my thing, but I'm hungry for more official pics of the droptop SS, so I'm glad to see this...

Wheels are too big though.

Last edited by 96_Camaro_B4C; 10-05-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 96_Camaro_B4C
Interesting that the wheels look basically like the concept car wheels.
No, they are exactly like the production Camaro Convertible wheels.

Wheels are too big though.
Get used to it.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
No, they are exactly like the production Camaro Convertible wheels.

Get used to it.
Surely they aren't making 21s STANDARD on the droptop.

It used to be that the droptop SS only got 16" versions of the ZR1-style wheels while the coupe got the normal 17s.

The current 20" SS wheels look MUCH better, both from a size and style perspective. The concept droptop wheels have too much visual mass (spokes are too thick) and too much diameter...

The car will likely already have a weight problem. I see no need to make it worse by putting bigger, blingy-er wheels on the thing...
Old 10-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Surely they aren't making 21s STANDARD on the droptop.
I didn't say standard. I suppose "production" was not a good word to use. How about..."non-aftermarket" and "OEM" or "optional". Details are sorta fresh, though. Could change like anything else.

It used to be that the droptop SS only got 16" versions of the ZR1-style wheels while the coupe got the normal 17s.
That was going on 15 years ago. Gas was a buck a gallon then too. I think we all wish that would come back, though.

The car will likely already have a weight problem.
It is a frickin' convertible. It is a fun car, not a competition car. Ask any convertible owner or buyer if they give a crap about weight and most will say they don't care and couldn't tell the difference as long as the horsepower number was on paper along with MPG. Beat a different horse already!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:19 PM

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=775817

Looks like at least some of the models will have the current wheels. Is this just an RS V6? Or maybe the SS gets these standard, and the 21" concept-style wheels on NM car are optional? That would be my hope / guess, but I was not at the disciple gathering...
Old 10-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

Looks like at least some of the models will have the current wheels. Is this just an RS V6? Or maybe the SS gets these standard, and the 21" concept-style wheels on NM car are optional? That would be my hope / guess, but I was not at the disciple gathering...
Dunno, none of this was mentioned at the last Disciple meeting.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Automated News Poster

Arrow NEWS: Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Neiman Marcus edition commands $75,000

Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Chevrolet

Neiman Marcus Edition Chevrolet Camaro Covnertible - Click above for high-res image gallery

It's a big day for the Chevrolet Camaro Convertible. General Motors has pulled back the curtains on a low-volume special edition version of the drop-top muscle car set to go on sale next year. The vehicle is slated to be featured in the annual Neiman Marcus Christmas Book - a catalog of high-end goodies for the ruling class. Only 100 examples of the Neiman Marcus Camaro Convertible will be sold through the catalog, each wearing special Deep Bordeaux paint and boasting drivetrain components borrowed from the mighty Camaro SS. That means there's a full 426 horsepower on tap. Inside, GM has slathered the cockpit in leather touches only available on this special edition.

Want one? You better have been one very, very good boy or girl this year. The price tag for the beast you see above is a heady $75,000.

The General also showed off a handful of additional photos of the standard Camaro Convertible on Facebook. This time, we get a closer look at the vehicle's interior as well as a view from the front of the car. It looks good, sure, but we don't know if its $75,000 good. Fortunately, the base Camaro drop head should come at a more tolerable $30,000. Hit the jump for the press release. Thanks for the tip, Jason!

Gallery: Neiman Marcus Edition Chevrolet Camaro Convertible

Gallery: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible

[Source: GM]Continue reading Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Neiman Marcus edition commands $75,000

Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Neiman Marcus edition commands $75,000 originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 05 Oct 2010 14:25:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Old 10-05-2010, 01:43 PM

I didn't say standard.
Good. That's what I'm hoping. 21s are a bit absurd, IMHO.
That was going on 15 years ago.
I'm aware. I believe it was done at the time because the droptop sacrificed some structural rigidity relative to the coupe. At least that is what I seem to remember reading in one of the car rags. I'm sure that is less of a concern now (though I'm sure the droptop still gives up some relative to the coupe); I was just pointing out the reversal.
It is a frickin' convertible. it is a fun car, not a competition car. Ask any convertible owner or buyer if they give a crap about weight and most will say they don't care and couldn't tell the difference. Beat a different horse already!
What horse? I'm a former convertible owner (Miata), and I do care about weight. I'd like my next "fun" car to be a Camaro, Mustang, or Corvette convertible.

I'm not one to harp constantly about the weight, but neither am I one to just act like it doesn't matter at all. It is already quite possible that the droptop SS will be pushing 4000 lbs, since the coupe is at 3860 or whatever. Even if the car will never see a track, weight still matters to me. I get rather tired of people acting like droptop owners are poseurs who care only about cruise night. Tell that to all the Miata, S2000, Corvette, Cobra, etc. owners who DO track their cars.

We aren't talking about a Chrysler Sebring here. It is still a Camaro, and droptop or not, it still has sporting and speed intentions.

Anyway, since the wheels are optional (and I hope that means standalone option, not forced upon you as part of the 2SS package or something), it doesn't matter. But when you first said "get used to it", I took that to mean this is how the convertible would be coming...
Old 10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

I believe it was done at the time because the droptop sacrificed some structural rigidity relative to the coupe. At least that is what I seem to remember reading in one of the car rags.
Yep, I think you are right or that is a very common misconception that I agreed with.

I'm sure that is less of a concern now (though I'm sure the droptop still gives up some relative to the coupe)
Ah...but again, my friend, that was 15 years ago! Less of a concern? How about...little to no concern? The Camaro Team was very focused on this. This part WAS mentioned (more like announced) during the last Disciple meeting.

I get rather tired of people acting like droptop owners are poseurs who care only about cruise night. Tell that to all the Miata, S2000, Corvette, Cobra, etc. owners who DO track their cars.
No offense was intended. I said "most", and I was right. You and the rest of that special breed of convertible racers are the exception, but certainly not the rule. If that was the case, the hardtop cars would not be the majority of race events.

We aren't talking about a Chrysler Sebring here. It is still a Camaro, and droptop or not, it still has sporting and speed intentions.
True, and again, to MOST convertible buyers and owners, it will offer enough of that for them. We'll see how those sales figures turn out. The coupe weight didn't seem to slow them down a bit.

But when you first said "get used to it", I took that to mean this is how the convertible would be coming...
Sorry, I was referencing a few years ago when it was announced that the 2010 Camaro would have 20s and people were concerned. That is simply the design and size that manufacturers are going to.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Added a couple more images to the first post.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:04 PM

No offense was intended. I said "most", and I was right. You and the rest of that special breed of convertible racers are the exception, but certainly not the rule. If that was the case, the hardtop cars would not be the majority of race events.
Fair enough. Heck, I'm not even among the racers. Still, it isn't like you can't appreciate a performance car unless you go to a racetrack. After all, back in the day, the very definition of a "sports car" was a two seat roadster. Roofs were only used to keep out the rain...
True, and again, to MOST convertible buyers and owners, it will offer enough of that for them. We'll see how those sales figures turn out. The coupe weight didn't seem to slow them down a bit.
I'm sure it will. I'm sure I'll enjoy it too. I drove a 1LT V6 for a rental a while back, and I thought it was very fun to drive. Despite what the mags say, I don't think the car feels absurdly portly, which is great. But it IS heavier than it should be, and it bothers me philosophically (and in terms of stacking up against the competition, fuel economy, etc.). Sales are the bottom line, yes, but they aren't all that matters.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:06 PM

Added a couple more images to the first post.
NICE!

That color is actually pretty sweet! And while I probably wouldn't opt for it, the seats look pretty sharp in that color too...

I'm a fan of red leather seats, myself...

Oh, and that convertible top boot looks nice and SMOOTH. It also looks like a 3 piece. I wonder how clean the top mechanism looks when it is in the down position but without the boot installed.

Last edited by 96_Camaro_B4C; 10-05-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Admin Emeritus

I have to admit, it isn't my style, but it does look nice.

As far as the convertible top boot, I believe that it was stated that is optional, but OEM unless Neiman-Marcus is using something else for some reason. It looks like the optional OEM piece anyway so I don't know why they would do something different.

Quick Reply: Announcing Neiman-Marcus Camaro Convertible