2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright...who's ordered?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
How much for Norma Jean?
I need to sell the gold RS first, and then Norma Jean. (I probably should fix the radio first. )
Old 10-13-2008, 06:31 PM

Ordered mine today just as below, guaranteed MSRP in writing.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by csjrishere
2ss
rs package
cyber gray stripes
inferno orange paint
black interior

I hope they offer the polished 20's before production.
I also want the orange dash inserts but not the orange seats.
The polished 20's are there now for another $470 option code Q9J. She put them on my order, but its not showing on the printout. Gotta call them back.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM

you guys are crazy for paying MSRP.

ill wait another year or so when the 2011's are rolling in and they need to get rid of the 2010's and ill get mine for under invoice. or perhaps even buy a used one a year or two down the road and save 10 grand.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by TrocN98
you guys are crazy for paying MSRP.

ill wait another year or so when the 2011's are rolling in and they need to get rid of the 2010's and ill get mine for under invoice. or perhaps even buy a used one a year or two down the road and save 10 grand.
We all have different priorities and what we spend our money on is a personal decision. While you are correct that a year after the model is released you can buy one for less money that is not the most important factor to everyone here. Personally when I see someone with a list of mods I always think to myself that they are wasting money but since I don't have to pay their bills I keep my toughts to myself.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 PM

I promised my wife I would wait a year but I think I will make a call tomarrow. If I can find a dealer that is willing to put a price in writing and knows what they are talking about I might go ahead and out a deposit down. Now I will be up all night deciding exactly what options to pick and what color.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by cmg06s
if i go and order what exact date will i be able to drive it home?
The answer to that question cannot be determined for anybody at this point. Nobody will know until they start producing the cars.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 PM

1 RS/SS Silver Ice Metallic w/Cyber Gray Stripes

Ordered....

LS3
MN6
2SS
GAN
AFM
VYV
VYY
WRS
(Hopefully i can get polished wheels)

now the wait begins..... been waiting a long time for this and i can get it for MSRP...

sure i would have loved to get it under MSRP and maybe close to invoice - no one i know works for GM or has connections to get that kind of a deal for me....
Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1 RS-SS
LS3
MN6
2SS
GAN
AFM
VYV
VYY
WRS
What are GAN, AFM, VYV, and VYY? They're not on the price list.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 AM

Did you guys that ordered already get some kind of confirmation code? I haven't received my from my dealer yet and I'm quite worried they don't know what the hell they are doing and probably haven't figured out how to place the order yet.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Besides, my wife wants a new kitchen floor and is making me sell two of my current Camaros before she'll allow me to take delivery on a new one.

I'll take the blue one!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 AM

Talking $500 down and waiting

I stopped by the dealer closest to my job on my way home Monday. It was about 2pm (i work an early shift), and I was the first to actually come into the dealership and place an order for the Camaro. The salesman told me they had been awarded 10 cars in the first production run. I thought that sounded low, but he said that's the best number in central Virginia.

The Salesman did have trouble with placing the order at first, as someone else has mentioned here. The problem was the Salesperson needs to use the Quick Order feature, whatever that is.

This dealer did agree to sell the car at MSRP with no hassle or grief. I would have walked if that was an issue. The lowest deposit they were willing to accept was $500. The whole process was quick and painless. I appreciated the smooth deal for the most part because I was sitting there sick as a dog from a cold. I'm sure they wanted me out of there just as fast.

This is what I ordered:

https://www.camaroz28.com/camarobuil...SS&AFM&NO&CF5&

2SS
Auto 6 speed Tap shift
Red Jewel Tricoat
Black Leather
Sun Roof

Since I was the first on this dealers list, does that mean my car will be one of the first in the production run?

Last edited by CosmicTrucker; 10-16-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: add detail order sheet
Old 10-14-2008, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by CosmicTrucker
I stopped by the dealer closest to my job on my way home Monday. It was about 2pm (i work an early shift), and I was the first to actually come into the dealership and place an order for the Camaro. The salesman told me they had been awarded 10 cars in the first production run. I thought that sounded low, but he said that's the best number in central Virginia.

The Salesman did have trouble with placing the order at first, as someone else has mentioned here. The problem was the Salesperson needs to use the Quick Order feature, whatever that is.

This dealer did agree to sell the car at MSRP with no hassle or grief. I would have walked if that was an issue. The lowest deposit they were willing to accept was $500. The whole process was quick and painless. I appreciated the smooth deal for the most part because I was sitting there sick as a dog from a cold. I'm sure they wanted me out of there just as fast.

This is what I ordered:

2SS
Auto 6 speed Tap shift
Red Jewel Tricoat
Black Leather
Sun Roof

Since I was the first on this dealers list, does that mean my car will be one of the first in the production run?
My UNDERSTANDING, not Gospel truth, is that actual production will be "weighted" just as allocation was. If your dealer has an allocation of 6 while mine has an allocation of 60, for every 10 cars my dealer gets, yours will get one. I THINK.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Z28Taxman
I'll take the blue one!!!
Long time no see or hear Tax! The blue one is the only one that won't be for sale (for now). Besides its not a 69 and I thought your favorite color was black.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Long time no see or hear Tax! The blue one is the only one that won't be for sale (for now). Besides its not a 69 and I thought your favorite color was black.
I'd make an exception for the blue one. Of course you're not selling, that's the one I want.

Don't worry the new one will likely be a black M6 ( and filthy too).

Quick Reply: Alright...who's ordered?