2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

The 5th Gen got me...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 AM

Thumbs up The 5th Gen got me...

Saturday night I was driving home from work up Southfield freeway minding my own business, changing lanes I got a quick flash of some unfamiliar yet strangely well known tail lights. Now I stood right next to the bright red RS Camaro that was at the Dream Cruise and wasn't that impressed. I don't know if it was the color or the lesser options but I saw nothing that would convince me to switch from the Goat. Anyway, back to Southfield, I made a quick lane change again and there it was. It was a beautiful dark red, doing about 65 mph and, I would come to find out, had a little white SS badge on the front. That car in motion is something else, as I passed the drivers flank the CAMARO badge on the side seemed to flash as the light passed it, I spent about 5 minuets next to it just watching it run down the street. The guy driving seemed used to the attention and was not surprised by my behavior, I didn't think the SS changes, the color or seeing the car in motion could make that big a difference but it did. I don't know what I'll have to do, but I'm going to find a way to buy one someday. I don't know if it will be new off the lot but there will be one in my garage. Anyone else around here spotted one? I haven't been in the 5th gen section and maybe working in Dearborn keeps me out of range of the General's test route but that's only the second one I've seen and the first had 200 lbs of tape and vinyl stuck to it.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LOW TRAC
It was a beautiful dark red
Red Jewel Tintcoat

a little white SS badge on the front.
The SS badge was most likely silver.

Nice find! No pics?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:58 PM

Southfield is not the road I'm eager to try and take pictures on while driving. I considered it, but a camera phone pointed out the window at 70 mph would produce less that amazing pictures I figured.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:51 AM

Saturday night I was driving home from work up Southfield freeway minding my own business, changing lanes I got a quick flash of some unfamiliar yet strangely well known tail lights. Now I stood right next to the bright red RS Camaro that was at the Dream Cruise and wasn't that impressed. I don't know if it was the color or the lesser options but I saw nothing that would convince me to switch from the Goat. Anyway, back to Southfield, I made a quick lane change again and there it was. It was a beautiful dark red, doing about 65 mph and, I would come to find out, had a little white SS badge on the front. That car in motion is something else, as I passed the drivers flank the CAMARO badge on the side seemed to flash as the light passed it, I spent about 5 minuets next to it just watching it run down the street. The guy driving seemed used to the attention and was not surprised by my behavior, I didn't think the SS changes, the color or seeing the car in motion could make that big a difference but it did. I don't know what I'll have to do, but I'm going to find a way to buy one someday. I don't know if it will be new off the lot but there will be one in my garage. Anyone else around here spotted one? I haven't been in the 5th gen section and maybe working in Dearborn keeps me out of range of the General's test route but that's only the second one I've seen and the first had 200 lbs of tape and vinyl stuck to it.

Seeing one in person makes a world of difference.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
Seeing one in person makes a world of difference.
yes it does. the day i saw one at indy, was like my birthday all over again. i was in love with it since i saw the IVERS but seeing the car in real life is life changing.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:24 PM

Southfield is not the road I'm eager to try and take pictures on while driving. I considered it, but a camera phone pointed out the window at 70 mph would produce less that amazing pictures I figured.
Yea that road is a little rough to say the least. I think this Camaro will look better out in the real world than seen on display. We've gotten very used to its looks from pics and internet but it's still a whole new sensation on the streets.
Good story.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 PM

I see them around Milford all the time.

-Geoff