2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5th Gen Convertible Concept - Photoshop

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 03:23 PM

Re: 5th Gen Convertible Concept - Photoshop

Originally Posted by Meccadeth
If you look away from the difference in wheel size, they almost fit right into eachother!
Wow, what a surprise that two similarly sized, rwd, V8 powered sports coupes/convertibles are similar in profile shape!!! I see quite a bit of difference in those cars. Front end, rear end, windshield rake, completely different body lines and details on the sides, etc.

They do have similar flares around the wheel openings, but that is a pretty common thing these days.

I do not think Mustang at all when I look at the Camaro concept, other than they both call on their past for inspiration. Heck, I'm sure a '69 Camaro and '69 Mustang would look similarly similar (heh) if you overlaid them like that. Competing cars from the same era with the same market intentions and performance leanings...
Old 01-10-2006, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by 96_Camaro_B4C
They do have similar flares around the wheel openings, but that is a pretty common thing these days. ...
On damn near every car that has a flare . Flare , with a flat face prominent lip .

I see 2 similarly sized cars , with night and day opposite personalities , character lines ect. The Mustang looks nothing like it
Old 01-10-2006, 03:48 PM

Wow, what a surprise that two similarly sized, rwd, V8 powered sports coupes/convertibles are similar in profile shape!!! I see quite a bit of difference in those cars. Front end, rear end, windshield rake, completely different body lines and details on the sides, etc.

They do have similar flares around the wheel openings, but that is a pretty common thing these days.

I do not think Mustang at all when I look at the Camaro concept, other than they both call on their past for inspiration. Heck, I'm sure a '69 Camaro and '69 Mustang would look similarly similar (heh) if you overlaid them like that. Competing cars from the same era with the same market intentions and performance leanings...
Did the 4th gen Camaro/Mustang look anything like eachother?

I also do not think Mustang very much when I look at the Camaro concept, but there's no arguing the similarities between the Mustang conv. and the Camaro conv. photoshop. You would have to be delusional not to see it. They look more similar than even a 4th gen Camaro and Firebird. It's almost downright sickening.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:56 PM

Did the 4th gen Camaro/Mustang look anything like eachother?
Good point.
I also do not think Mustang very much when I look at the Camaro concept, but there's no arguing the similarities between the Mustang conv. and the Camaro conv. photoshop. You would have to be delusional not to see it. They look more similar than even a 4th gen Camaro and Firebird. It's almost downright sickening.
So the coupe concept DOESN'T make you think Mustang, but cut the roofs off (changing nothing else) and suddenly they are twins? More than a Camaro to a Firebird? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Nothing else changed. The photoshop simply has the roof cutoff and a stacked convertible top grafted on. How does that make the rest of the car look like the Mustang now?

Sweet Avatar, by the way.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:57 PM

97bowtie, nice work. That's exactly how I imagined it. If GM wants to keep the fire burning they should bring out a vert concept next year and then at the same time announce the official production
Old 01-10-2006, 04:05 PM

Good point.So the coupe concept DOESN'T make you think Mustang, but cut the roofs off (changing nothing else) and suddenly they are twins? More than a Camaro to a Firebird? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Nothing else changed. The photoshop simply has the roof cutoff and a stacked convertible top grafted on. How does that make the rest of the car look like the Mustang now?

Sweet Avatar, by the way.
I probably didn't word that right...What I was saying was the Camaro concept convertible photochop looks more like a new Mustang convertible than a 4th gen Camaro looks like a 4th gen firebird. I'm sure I would think differently after I saw them in real life next to eachother, but in pictures they look like they'd be right off the same chassis.

I personally love the coupe...but the convertible throws me off a lot. I didn't like the 4th gen conv. either
Old 01-10-2006, 04:12 PM

I probably didn't word that right...What I was saying was the Camaro concept convertible photochop looks more like a new Mustang convertible than a 4th gen Camaro looks like a 4th gen firebird. I'm sure I would think differently after I saw them in real life next to eachother, but in pictures they look like they'd be right off the same chassis.
Yeah, I knew what you meant (I think you said it clear enough). I put the "that doesn't make sense to me" line in the wrong spot, really. What doesn't make sense to me is how the coupes can look so different to you but the convertibles suddenly look like twins. But anyway, to each his own. I agree that seeing it in person might change things for you a bit.

I can also see what you mean by saying that they could be platform mates. I mean, they do share the traditional long hood, short deck styling. Just based on pics, you could almost believe that they are related under the skin I suppose.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:31 PM

A couple more.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by 3rdGenNut

A couple more.
I take back every negative thing I've said!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:50 PM

I take back every negative thing I've said!
Wow!!!! I WANT that in MY garage!!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:56 PM

Thats my desktop background. It would be hard to mistake that for anything but what it is.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:05 PM

Wow.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:50 PM

Yep both a hard top for myself and the Vert for my wife
Old 01-10-2006, 06:53 PM

Buddy of mine did one in red for your enjoyment

Old 01-10-2006, 09:09 PM

Or how about this one