2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

500HP z28

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by rex113
Are skinny kids really easier to kidnap?
Yes.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
It was the conservatives that derailed the loan proposals, not treehugging folks with a green agenda.

Plan fell apart when it became clear that Republicans (almost without a single dissent) came out against the loans.
Yeah, you're right - the higher CAFE standards (which have huge environmental support) don't have anything to do with Congress' motives toward the automakers......
Old 12-03-2008, 12:13 AM

Detroitboy, I don't beleive everything I read, just wishfull thinking. Are skinny kids really easier to kidnap?
Heck yea....in the old days when we all had rolldown rear windows you could drag them thru from the backseat as they were walking down the street. But...it was more fun to ride with the delivery guy from the drugstore and throw loaves of bread at little old ladies on the sidewalk. If you hit them perfect in the face those plastic bags would flatten out in the middle before the ends blew out...and the individual slices would come out of each end perfectly! We would call that a perfect "10" and then throw a bowling ball out the rear side window from a 60 roll at oncoming traffic. Ah....the good old days in Detroit....
Old 12-03-2008, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Shellhead
Yeah, you're right - the higher CAFE standards (which have huge environmental support) don't have anything to do with Congress' motives toward the automakers......
You're being sarcastic, but when the upcoming president campaigned on "green technology jobs", he wasn't talking about a bunch of longhairs at a solar panel collective. Clearly the idea was to get a political mandate to reinvent the domestic automotive industry for the 21st century, so that we can all receive some economic benefit from this.

Or they could go broke selling Hummers, the southern senators with nonunion Toyota and BMW plants wouldn't mind. Whatever.

This is way offtopic, because IMO the Z28 is still a no-brainer when the proper time comes.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by detroitboy
Heck yea....in the old days when we all had rolldown rear windows you could drag them thru from the backseat as they were walking down the street. But...it was more fun to ride with the delivery guy from the drugstore and throw loaves of bread at little old ladies on the sidewalk. If you hit them perfect in the face those plastic bags would flatten out in the middle before the ends blew out...and the individual slices would come out of each end perfectly! We would call that a perfect "10" and then throw a bowling ball out the rear side window from a 60 roll at oncoming traffic. Ah....the good old days in Detroit....
Detroitboy thats funny. I once threw a small eggplant at a bus driver it broke his window and hit him in the head.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:40 PM

People in this thread might want to check out what happened with "the plan" today in the future vehicle forum. The phrase "phasing out v8's" is being used.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:31 AM

Just an observation... it wouldn't make sense to build a Z28 with more power output than a SS. The Z28 is supposed to be the "race car" suspension/appearance package, where the SS is the brute Drag Strip/Street Brawler.

I'm all for a new Z28, won't buy one, as I just bought a Vette.... but I don't see why GM would position the Z28 above the SS, power wise.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:38 PM

I heard its going to be 1000 hp
Old 12-04-2008, 05:51 PM

Detroitboy thats funny. I once threw a small eggplant at a bus driver it broke his window and hit him in the head.
Thats a good one! I was with a guy once who threw a loaded whopper out the driver's window as we were braking. One side of the bun blew off. It flipped in the air with the meat side and all the fixins slamming flat on the windshield of an oncoming car right in front of the driver's face. And it STUCK there!!! And the best part of it was we were in the underwater tunnel from Windsor to Detroit at the time. I don't even know which country we were in....but the customs officer on the Canadian side must've been quite shocked to see the guy pull up with a hamburger stuck to his windshield.....

Sometimes I hate myself...but nah....
Old 12-04-2008, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by detroitboy
Thats a good one! I was with a guy once who threw a loaded whopper out the driver's window as we were braking. One side of the bun blew off. It flipped in the air with the meat side and all the fixins slamming flat on the windshield of an oncoming car right in front of the driver's face. And it STUCK there!!! And the best part of it was we were in the underwater tunnel from Windsor to Detroit at the time. I don't even know which country we were in....but the customs officer on the Canadian side must've been quite shocked to see the guy pull up with a hamburger stuck to his windshield.....

Sometimes I hate myself...but nah....
Detroitboy do the police know about you LOL. The more I hear about G.M. and their financial troubles I just might order an SS this summer, before they stop production if things get worse.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

No more politics, OK guys?
Old 12-07-2008, 01:38 PM

I heard/read this from Road and Track too. They were also the first to report that there would be a base, then a high performance SS with a super high performance Z28 possible later. I thought they were crazy and had info mixed up. It turns out they were right (at least so far).
Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
No more politics, OK guys?
Just keep the funnies coming. Thank you Detroitboy i needed to cry(from LOL)
The car companies are just the tip of the iceberg right now. I would not want to be working far any company that has major production right now. They have to get more green while competing with "Chinese made products" that cost a fraction of the money to produce.