2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

3 years ago today....

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:57 AM

3 years ago today....

I was sitting watching the live reveal of the concept. I can't believe the production version is almost here .

Later on that day, I showed my wife the reveal, and to my surprise, she asked me what color was I going to get.... Now there's a woman who understands!!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Wow....it has been 3 years.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Sure doesn't seem like three years ago to me. It went by quickly!

Production starts in ~5 weeks!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb

I agree, but you'd never know it reading some of the posts on various Camaro forums.
Clyde
Old 01-09-2009, 10:53 AM

i remember seing the concept that leaked to the internet and it was sitting on the brick flooring out side somewhere, and it had the 2 different bumper looks on the fornt of it. it was kind of cut in half. that was in october i think, when i found that picture on some web sight. that was over 3 years ago. i do remember being at COBO hall and seeing it in person. i stood there for an hour examining it. wow. what a journey
Old 01-09-2009, 11:03 AM

My brother and I were there. Fun time!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i do remember being at COBO hall and seeing it in person. i stood there for an hour examining it.
so did i!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb

now 9 weeks
Old 01-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

now 9 weeks
True. Still not that much longer to wait.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:00 PM

I was there with my dad at COBO. It was the last big thing I was able to do with him, so there's a pretty special meaning to that trip to Detroit for me personally. Because of that, I can remember almost everything about that trip in detail.

(admission time: we broke the rule about staying in the Chevrolet display, and wandered COBO & checked out out the concepts and new vehicles on display at Chrysler & Ford )

The night before, Scott arranged for all of us ito go to a meet-and-greet at the GM heritage center, and to view a historic collection of GM concepts and high intrest cars. Alot of the cars was before my time, and dad was thrilled at seeing cars that dated back to his youth.

After the Heritage event, the gathering at the hotel was....er....interesting. Lots of fun, lots of drinks (perhaps, too much)... and late night doughnuts were served in the parking lot as I got a firsthand demonstration on how fun the then new Solstice was.

Being there was extremely exciting for me (up to then, the only intros I've been to were out of LA... last intro before the Camaro I went to was the Cobalt). The Camaro concept introduction was top rate. Dad called the new Camaro sisnister.

Just as important, I got to finally meet alot of people who I had been corresponding with both here on this site and at a couple of the US automakers for some time, and made some new friends and aquantences both here and in the industry.

Very great and memorable time, indeed.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
I was there with my dad at COBO. It was the last big thing I was able to do with him, so there's a pretty special meaning to that trip to Detroit for me personally. Because of that, I can remember almost everything about that trip in detail.

(admission time: we broke the rule about staying in the Chevrolet display, and wandered COBO & checked out out the concepts and new vehicles on display at Chrysler & Ford )

The night before, Scott arranged for all of us ito go to a meet-and-greet at the GM heritage center, and to view a historic collection of GM concepts and high intrest cars. Alot of the cars was before my time, and dad was thrilled at seeing cars that dated back to his youth.

After the Heritage event, the gathering at the hotel was....er....interesting. Lots of fun, lots of drinks (perhaps, too much)... and late night doughnuts were served in the parking lot as I got a firsthand demonstration on how fun the then new Solstice was.

Being there was extremely exciting for me (up to then, the only intros I've been to were out of LA... last intro before the Camaro I went to was the Cobalt). The Camaro concept introduction was top rate. Dad called the new Camaro sisnister.

Just as important, I got to finally meet alot of people who I had been corresponding with both here on this site and at a couple of the US automakers for some time, and made some new friends and aquantences both here and in the industry.

so when you go to the shows you only stay in chevy(gm's) displays?
i love walking through all of the companies. even if some of their stuff is junk, i still ike to make fun of it. and gawk over the ferarris,porsches,lambos, and of course the rolls-royce.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by guionM

It was a very memorable time for me too.

I almost didn't go. My oldest son had been very sick for several months. Eventhough his treatments were starting to be effective, I had pretty much decided my place was not going to be at Detroit. As he started getting better, he told me, "Dad, I'm better now, you HAVE to go to Detroit". Long story short, I did and I'm glad.

I broke the rule too. I mean how could I just let the Challenger concept and GT500 be afew hundred feet away, and not check them out. On the way back to the Chevy display, I took a pitstop in the mens room by the Challenger, and urinated next to J. Mays.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:38 PM

so when you go to the shows you only stay in chevy(gm's) displays?
i love walking through all of the companies. even if some of their stuff is junk, i still ike to make fun of it. and gawk over the ferarris,porsches,lambos, and of course the rolls-royce.

Guy is talking about the Camaro's intro. 200 of us were bussed to Cobo with instruction to not leave the GM display, because we were to be bussed back to the hotel right after the event.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 PM

oh ok. yeah i wasnt invited to that. however i wish i could have seen it in person.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Z284ever
I broke the rule too.
Were you guys there as special guests of Chevrolet on a special day or something? I think that most people, like me, are unaware of any such rule.