2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

2010 Camaro SS Project – On The Way to SEMA, Far From Completed - WITH VIDEO!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

Cool 2010 Camaro SS Project – On The Way to SEMA, Far From Completed - WITH VIDEO!

What a blur...
The last few weeks seemed to pass like minutes. I have been so busy with my day job and then working on my SEMA project that I have had no time to make updates so I will do it all in this entry. Consider this 2010 Camaro SEMA Project – Phase 3, 4, and 5.
Read the complete blog entry here:
http://tr.im/2010camarosema

Here's a screen shot of the video...

Old 10-29-2009, 09:07 PM

The car looks awesome, but hell -- I was nervous watching the loading operation. How did you stand it Jason?
Old 10-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

Nope, not nervous at all. My car is nothing compared to the cars they haul. I am sure there have been many million-dollar cars transported in the same rig mine was. Besides, I am sure they are insured better than I am.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:07 AM

Glad to hear you were relaxed. BTW, I love how your car is shaping up -- stealthy, yet powerful. Has the tuning brought the transmission into "performance" territory? How much more powerful does it feel?

Hey wait, those sound like great questions for the Podcast! I'll call in sometime today
Old 10-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

Okay, I will hold off on my answers then.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:31 AM

I just cant get over how much I love that color on that car
Old 10-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

I cannot get over how badass my own car is.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:37 PM

Old 10-30-2009, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Okay, I will hold off on my answers then.
My God, it is way easier leaving a voice mail while I'm on road! First, Mrs. Mudbone breaks in with questions, then Mudbone III goes into bing-bang mode Oh well, I tried! From now on though, I think I'll stick to on-the-road monologues.

Last edited by mudbone; 10-31-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:46 PM

Sweet ride! That's the nicest CGM Camaro I have seen so far!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:09 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

WOW =-- Jason - -just lovin' the wheels you chose --

Gotta get together for a burger when you get back (and I stay in the Motor City for more than a day.....)

Good luck at SEMA --
Old 10-30-2009, 10:16 PM

I cannot get over how badass my own car is.
....I can imagine

Love the wheels as well.

Edit: any picture with the new wheels yet? I looked on phantomss & didn't see any.

Last edited by 95redLT1; 10-30-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by 95redLT1
...any picture with the new wheels yet? I looked on phantomss & didn't see any.
I doubt it. It sounds like he barely got finished in time to load the car
Old 10-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Arrow

http://www.phantomss.com/2010-camaro...geline-wheels/

Since the release of my previous entry, I have been getting a lot of questions about the wheels so here’s some details.

First, I regret not having good pics of them on the car. I got the car done when it was dark and didn’t have a good place with decent lighting to snap a shot or two of them. Immediately the next morning, the car had to be loaded up and transported to Las Vegas for SEMA. The video if it being loaded up the next day doesn’t really do the entire appearance justice. All I have so far that is worth anything is a couple of quick camera phone pics I grabbed before they were mounted:

The specs:
  • Forgeline S03P
  • Satin black centers
  • Satin black fasteners
  • Polished lip
When I ordered them, I did it the smart way…
First, I determined that I should not be in love with a number in either diameter or width. 22″…21″ inches in diameter…11″ wide, 12″ wide…whatever. The number doesn’t make a difference as long as it not only looked right but performed right and truthfully, bigger is not always better.

Then I did the second smart thing, I consulted someone who knows the car and knows the wheel to get some sizes and specs. I called up Pete Basica from Pedders, and then I called up David Schardt from Forgeline. Both opinions were very close to mine which made things easy, and I ordered up a set of Forgeline wheels.

The size? 20″ x 10″, all the way around. People ask me why I didn’t go bigger in diameter. I wanted to find the best compromise between looks and function. Bigger than 20″ in diameter doesn’t seem necessary to me for my car. Wider than 10″ may not have offered any additional needed performance yet increased weight. Bigger in the back and narrower in the front would have looked cool, but would have made the car push more in corners and was strongly discouraged by both Pete and David. I still wanted that look, so what I did was have the offset slightly different in the rear to provide the illusion of wider rear wheels and tires. Sneaky, eh?
Here’s a shot of the rear lip with bonus fingerprints:

I will get plenty of pics from SEMA and beyond and post them in the near future. If other people think that the car looks as good as I do, they may be posting some as well on the sites they frequent. Hope so!
Old 10-31-2009, 01:11 PM

...I will get plenty of pics from SEMA and beyond and post them in the near future. If other people think that the car looks as good as I do, they may be posting some as well on the sites they frequent. Hope so!
Can't wait to see 'em. You may call ME smug, but your car really is badass

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro SS Project – On The Way to SEMA, Far From Completed - WITH VIDEO!