2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

2010 Camaro SEMA Car by Montage Motoring and Defenderworx

Old 06-18-2009, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 426HPSS
sorry guys. I know you have a business to run and build but all these photos just tell me one thing. I have a Black 2SS that I am looking at and Chevy NAILED the styling out of the BOX !!
All this stuff is soooo "rice" to me. Those side emblems below that stunning elegant simple camaro emblem are WAY too big and ruin the effect of the GM camaro emblem. Wheels are too much. the plain polished 20"s are so simple and elegant and clean. Louvers look so old man or high scholl. The front chrome grillles are too much flash and the back up light inserts accentuate a poor stayling elelent of the back end so I dont think they help.
As always I may feel different when I see in person and I do appreciate the effort you have put in it but I would not buy this stuff for my stunning black Camaro. Sorry. (maybe the fuel door...maybe). The pistol grip is cool but too big...too much...I think Challenger pistol grip on an SRT 6 speed is much nicer....Gonna tint my car lightly....put a Corsa or Flowmaster next summer and keep the rest as Chevy designed it clean, muscular and elegant.
Sorry no "rice" for me.
I am sure you will sell lots in East LA though...
I really do like some of the products that are being made here, but the I actually do have to agree that Chevy did a kick a$$ job with this vehicle and i don't really think i'm going to change or add on anything besides maybe tint the windows.

Don't get me wrong, again i really do like some of the products and I really like personalizing my vehicles, but this car has it's own personality and it in many ways say "Don't mess with me!!"
Old 06-18-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by 426HPSS
sorry guys. I know you have a business to run and build but all these photos just tell me one thing. I have a Black 2SS that I am looking at and Chevy NAILED the styling out of the BOX !!
All this stuff is soooo "rice" to me. Those side emblems below that stunning elegant simple camaro emblem are WAY too big and ruin the effect of the GM camaro emblem. Wheels are too much. the plain polished 20"s are so simple and elegant and clean. Louvers look so old man or high scholl. The front chrome grillles are too much flash and the back up light inserts accentuate a poor stayling elelent of the back end so I dont think they help.
As always I may feel different when I see in person and I do appreciate the effort you have put in it but I would not buy this stuff for my stunning black Camaro. Sorry. (maybe the fuel door...maybe). The pistol grip is cool but too big...too much...I think Challenger pistol grip on an SRT 6 speed is much nicer....Gonna tint my car lightly....put a Corsa or Flowmaster next summer and keep the rest as Chevy designed it clean, muscular and elegant.
Sorry no "rice" for me.
I am sure you will sell lots in East LA though...
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just because it's not for you doesn’t mean you have to bash everything. I appreciate feedback both positive and negative but every once in awhile we seem to get haters out here that criticize everything and none of it is constructive criticism. And as for the whole "rice" discussion, these pieces are in no way rice but you may feel how you want although we have been doing similar pieces now for Hummer Land Rover and Camaro, three very non rice companies. As I said you are entitled to your own opinion and you don’t have to like it, I would just appreciate some constructive criticism next time instead of bashing all our products. Thank you.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Engel
I like the grill insert. It reminds me of a 1st gen with the hide-aways. I think I'd like it more if it were flat black instead of chrome. That would be more "authentic" for me (aftermarket parts? authentic? don't ask) and I really like those side rib louvers. they really make the ribs stand out. since they aren't functional like on the concept, this addition really makes the design pop.

I'm getting a yellow so the black side ribs with a black insert would look really good in my opinion

one thing about the inserts though; are they legal? I thought you couldn't have anything covering the lights.
The Grille is offered in a flat black powder coat. I agree on yellow and orange I think black is a much meaner look than chrome. The Grilles are currently available for purchase through Addicted Auto Accessories ebay store at http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Addicted...__W0QQ_armrsZ1, and yes the side inserts are legal and will be available for purchase in about a week.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Defenderworx
The Grille is offered in a flat black powder coat. I agree on yellow and orange I think black is a much meaner look than chrome. The Grilles are currently available for purchase through Addicted Auto Accessories ebay store at http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Addicted...__W0QQ_armrsZ1, and yes the side inserts are legal and will be available for purchase in about a week.
I was asking about the legality of the grill insert that covers the headlights. There have been numerous threads about this, i thought. Is it legal in some states and not others?
Old 06-21-2009, 02:15 AM

you should look into the old school emblem style writing for your sema car

like:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1125/...fbe6dde314.jpg
or
http://www.qualitydevelopment.lt/use...aro%20Logo.jpg
Old 06-22-2009, 07:27 AM

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just because it's not for you doesn’t mean you have to bash everything. I appreciate feedback both positive and negative but every once in awhile we seem to get haters out here that criticize everything and none of it is constructive criticism. "

Haters?? ...sorry boys...you wanted opinions and I gave one. I have the car you are doing up and I think it looks damn good out of the crate and does not need all this extra flash and rice to be bad *** and cool. I did say I like the fuel door. If you dont want opinions than dont put your stuff out there. Plain and simple.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Opinions are fine but there is a difference between being rude and constructive criticism. We prefer people default to the latter here.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 AM

sorry . read my comments. no rudeness . no swearing. just my opinion. stuff looks cheap. plain and simple. Take a stunning black Camaro and cheapens it.
If that is rude then you need to come hang around with some of my car buddies....
Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by The Engel
I was asking about the legality of the grill insert that covers the headlights. There have been numerous threads about this, i thought. Is it legal in some states and not others?
Well we've had that questions to, and to be honest I am not entirely sure. However there are a few cars like the corvette (pictured) which have the headlights that close down and are hidden during the day. And at night the headlights shine through the grill no problem, so it seems like you should be able to get away from it, but I'm not sure exactly. =/

Last edited by Defenderworx; 06-22-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we're having a customer bring in his orange Camaro today so we're gonna get a few shots of the orange one with some of our different pieces since everyone has been asking what they would look like on other cars. Well make sure you check back tomorrow for pictures of it. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:46 PM

keep that thread front and center boys....
Old 06-23-2009, 11:44 AM

Hey everyone, here are some pictures of the Orange Camaro that came in our shop yesterday just as I had promised. We tried on a couple of our different pieces so you guys could get a feel for the different colored pieces on a different colored car. Bear with me while I try to upload them I'll do it as fast as I can. We also should be able to put some more pieces on it by next week when we get some of the parts back from GM that are currently getting licensed right now. Enjoy!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:56 AM

Here are a couple pictures of the Orange Camaro with our Window Louvers.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM

The next set of pictures are of the Camaro Logo Door Sill in both Chrome and Black Powder Coat.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 PM

The first couple pictures in this set are of the Black Powder Coat Reverse Light Bezels, and the next two are the Black Powder Coat Side Vent Inserts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro SEMA Car by Montage Motoring and Defenderworx