2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Auto Shows

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by monstertodd
The San Diego auto show is next week. If the camaro is there, I will post up some pictures.
Thanks todd, the only reason I'll go is if you can sit in one, or maybe if they have one other than the silver concept.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65
Yup yup...I don't think a Camaro will be there though...

And I just got back from the Indy Auto Show...Camaros looked amazing in person...
Good to hear...I'm hoping to go up there sometime this week. How long is it in town? I thought I heard from the 26-31
Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by CosmicTrucker
Here is my question.

Which auto shows will have the Camaro be on display in early 2009?

Will the Richmond, VA auto show be one?

Will the car be on display anywhere in the state of Virginia before March 09???

unless something unavoidable happens (like an Interstate highway gets closed due to a snowstorm -- ) I plan on having at least one "production intent' camaro at every U.S. show from January 1 on --

I'm in San Diego as I type this:

Sunoco Camaro from SEMA -- a Silver SS (non RS) -- with the GRAY interior..............(quick! someone grab a Camera!!)

Unfortunately the Silver car does not have a 'grained' interior, thus it is not available for you to get in and out of.......

I have a review next Tuesday of the Camaros for NAIAS -- and it appears that there will be an SS on the floor -- it MAY NOT have all the graining finished -- that's why I'm not sure if you will be able to get in and out of it.

Also on display at NAIAS: Silver LT coupe and "BlacK" SEMA concept.

(........not to mention a WHOLE BUNCH of new GM products -- 4 Chevrolets and counting......)
Old 12-29-2008, 10:10 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Chuck!
The Cleveland auto show is Feb 28 - Mar 8th... by that time Camaros should be in the hands of the dealers (unless the timeline has slipped). Any chance of one being on the floor at that point?
yes -- there will be -- and we're working with NEOCC (North East Ohio Camaro Club) to have a Saturday Morning "preview" where you can get up close and personal with all of the new Chevrolets....................
Old 12-29-2008, 11:37 PM

SCOTT! Where have you been?! It's too bad you couldn't be in Indy this week, I'm going to go on New Years Eve I think
Old 12-30-2008, 12:00 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by My Red 93Z-28
SCOTT! Where have you been?! It's too bad you couldn't be in Indy this week, I'm going to go on New Years Eve I think

well...........

I had a gajillion vacation days left -- and I really needed to get some stuff done in Mars -- and so I took a few days off before Christmas ---

I'm now in San Diego -- sorry I couldn't make it to Indy..........

Happy New Year, everyone!
Old 12-30-2008, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
sorry I couldn't make it to Indy
It's ok, I got to talk to you a time or two during the September event
Old 12-30-2008, 09:05 AM

well...........

I had a gajillion vacation days left -- and I really needed to get some stuff done in Mars -- and so I took a few days off before Christmas ---

I'm now in San Diego -- sorry I couldn't make it to Indy..........

Happy New Year, everyone!
Aww, I was hoping you'd be at Indy. I actually saw a few GM reps who looked kinda like you.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck!
The Cleveland auto show is Feb 28 - Mar 8th... by that time Camaros should be in the hands of the dealers (unless the timeline has slipped). Any chance of one being on the floor at that point?
ill be at that show too. so if i dont get to sit in it at detroit then ill sit in it at cleveland....hopefully
Old 12-30-2008, 09:20 AM

unless something unavoidable happens (like an Interstate highway gets closed due to a snowstorm -- ) I plan on having at least one "production intent' camaro at every U.S. show from January 1 on --

I'm in San Diego as I type this:

Sunoco Camaro from SEMA -- a Silver SS (non RS) -- with the GRAY interior..............(quick! someone grab a Camera!!)

Unfortunately the Silver car does not have a 'grained' interior, thus it is not available for you to get in and out of.......

I have a review next Tuesday of the Camaros for NAIAS -- and it appears that there will be an SS on the floor -- it MAY NOT have all the graining finished -- that's why I'm not sure if you will be able to get in and out of it.

Also on display at NAIAS: Silver LT coupe and "BlacK" SEMA concept.

(........not to mention a WHOLE BUNCH of new GM products -- 4 Chevrolets and counting......)
oohhhhhh man! i cant wait to see the "black". i love that car! whoever thought of that scheme is a genius.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:21 AM

yes -- there will be -- and we're working with NEOCC (North East Ohio Camaro Club) to have a Saturday Morning "preview" where you can get up close and personal with all of the new Chevrolets....................
how will we hear about the upclose preview?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:39 PM

seems there's still a small possibility that we can get in and out of them....I like that.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:14 AM

ok, so tomorrow is the second day of the San Diego Autoshow, and I may go if We're really bored. I'll report back if I am able to sit in one.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65
Aww, I was hoping you'd be at Indy. I actually saw a few GM reps who looked kinda like you.
I talked to a guy that was watching over the black RS and Dale Jr. Camaro that somewhat resembled Scott from a distance. I believe his name was Mike, he said he was a friend of Scott...very nice guy
Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 AM

Thank you Sir.

Aqua Blue for the Richmond show, PLEASE

Quick Reply: 2009 Auto Shows