2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

2009 Auto Shows

Old 12-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

I drove the IVER. Felt good to me!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
You certainly don't have to take my word for it, but if you go in there assuming you'll be able to sit in a Camaro, I'll bet a Premium Membership ($12) that you'll be disappointed.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS
I sat in the IVER as well...........it was a nice fit and I'm not a small guy either.

You were one of a few that got in the yellow car until Scott saw it and put a stop to it..........they finally strung string in the door opening of the silver SS to keep people from sitting in them. It was more for people to be able to get up close and check them out.........

The guy in the grey shirt is the man responsible for overseeing the cars to, and during the events when Scott's busy answering our questions which he always answers like it was the first time he heard it. He also wiped down all of the pace cars that were inside on display at Indy. Nice guy.....but I wouldn't want to **** him off.........someone else was getting ready to get in the yellow car and when he caught them and yelled at them, the guy about pulled out his back trying to stop in mid-motion...........
well, i dont know what to tell you . i saw someone get out of it and the door was open. no sign, no string to keep me out. and i saw people going in and out of it so i sat in it. you can get as mad as you want but it done and over with. i sat in it. and apparently the guy in the grey shirt wasnt doing his job he was getting paid to do. dont get mad because i sat in the car you didnt.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
You certainly don't have to take my word for it, but if you go in there assuming you'll be able to sit in a Camaro, I'll bet a Premium Membership ($12) that you'll be disappointed.
thanks for the heads up. im glad your here to keep me safe from being let down. im not the kind of guy to have someone like you tell me what to expect and beilieve you. and i really get tired of people acting like they know everything about this car and where it is and isnt going to be.what position do you have with gm or chevy? unless you yourself work for them and you are the direct source, im sorry im not believing you or a word you say about it. im sorry i guess i cant ASSUME things any more or maybe HOPE things anymore because you said so.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 AM

well, i dont know what to tell you . i saw someone get out of it and the door was open. no sign, no string to keep me out. and i saw people going in and out of it so i sat in it. you can get as mad as you want but it done and over with. i sat in it. and apparently the guy in the grey shirt wasnt doing his job he was getting paid to do. dont get mad because i sat in the car you didnt.
I don't doubt someone got into the cars at Indy early on in the morning. I do know that strings were strung to keep people from hopping in as the sun got higher in the morning. I was there, but I was running the Ride and Drive...

I remember it rained late in the day and I flew out of Indy soaking wet

There aren't a lot of preproduction Camaros. They all have tight schedules and places they need to be ready to go. Be it shows, dealer appearance or media events, they need to be ready to go where they need to go.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 12-18-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

thanks for the heads up. im glad your here to keep me safe from being let down. im not the kind of guy to have someone like you tell me what to expect and beilieve you.
Way to take what I said in completely the wrong way.

Just curious -- what do you mean by "someone like you"? Do you know what kind of person I am?

and i really get tired of people acting like they know everything about this car and where it is and isnt going to be.
Isn't that basically the same as what you did in post #3?

what position do you have with gm or chevy? unless you yourself work for them and you are the direct source, im sorry im not believing you or a word you say about it. im sorry i guess i cant ASSUME things any more or maybe HOPE things anymore because you said so.
I don't work for GM, but I am in contact with people that do, both on this site and off. I haven't heard anything, official or otherwise, about whether we'll be able to sit in a Camaro at NAIAS, and I admit that it is possible. I just think it's highly unlikely. I'm basing this on my own personal application of logic to things I've heard Scott (the director of shows and exhibits for Chevrolet, presumably a reliable source for this topic) say in the past.

Again, you certainly don't have to take my word for it, and again, I hope that I'm wrong and you're right, because I'd really like to sit in a new Camaro.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:23 AM

thanks for the heads up. im glad your here to keep me safe from being let down. im not the kind of guy to have someone like you tell me what to expect and beilieve you. and i really get tired of people acting like they know everything about this car and where it is and isnt going to be.what position do you have with gm or chevy? unless you yourself work for them and you are the direct source, im sorry im not believing you or a word you say about it. im sorry i guess i cant ASSUME things any more or maybe HOPE things anymore because you said so.
Either way, you will enjoy NAIAS and seeing the Camaro if you go.

We are going to try to have a Camaro folks can get into there, but that is still not set in stone. The effort is being made and I hope enthusiasts will appreciate the effort regardless if it works out that there's an access car or not.

Jake is a good guy and only trying to help as one enthusiast to another. There's far too much angry stuff here between those that should be friends. I wish it would stop.

Take the "bet" he offered. You may "win it".

Either way, stop by the Chevy display and ask for "Paul". I'll do my best to answer any questions you have on Camaro or anything else Chevrolet.

I work for the Chevrolet. I work for Chevy Shows and Exhibits. I suppose that makes me a source of sorts, most people tell me I'm VERY "direct" when I speak.

Most of all, thanks your for your interest in the new Camaro. I appreciate it. It's a car worth having.

I hope it works out that you get into a new Camaro at the show, and you will get the Premium Membership Jake offered.

The Camaro is back... why any in the enthusiast community sees anything negative in it is beyond me...
Old 12-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Admin Emeritus

For the record, I am as close to a "direct source" as an enthusiast can get and even my words have been dismissed. Jake is in an interesting situation, because he and I were roommates for much of this past year while I was on location for work, and we spent nearly every evening discussing what was allowed to be discussed about the 2010 Camaro. He knows more than most and doesn't have room to spew inaccurate data. Like all of us, he is just here to help so take his offerings in that manner and let's all hope to have a nice meetup at the Detroit auto show!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Like all of us, he is just here to help so take his offerings in that manner and let's all hope to have a nice meetup at the Detroit auto show!
SO we need to put an informal get together in place for NAIAS.

Let's try to make it where and when I can attend?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
SO we need to put an informal get together in place for NAIAS.

Let's try to make it where and when I can attend?
Right where I was leading us all, buddy!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:10 AM

sorry if i misinterpreted how things may be said. trying to get someones tone over words is a little misleading.

ok well if they arent going to have it at the biggest show of the year, then when will all of these potential customers have a chance to sit in the car other than at a dealership after they have already come out?
i guess i just think it would be, in a way, a little too late if they didnt have some there to sit in a month before production is started. it is a major selling point, being able to have actual cars at the show and letting people actually sit in them and in a way, mess around with it. hands on i guess.
just so you guys know im not trying to start trouble, i just get frustrated when people basically shoot you down on a comment and have no proof of what they are saying. or maybe they do but they cant say.
its like saying " hey guess what just happened? oh nevermind ."

and what was the bet for? did i miss this?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Right where I was leading us all, buddy!
are you guys planning on being at the show all week? i guess its easier for you since some of you guys live in michigan. i have a 5hr drive to get there. ill be attending just one day.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:27 AM

sorry if i misinterpreted how things may be said. trying to get someones tone over words is a little misleading.

ok well if they arent going to have it at the biggest show of the year, then when will all of these potential customers have a chance to sit in the car other than at a dealership after they have already come out?
i guess i just think it would be, in a way, a little too late if they didnt have some there to sit in a month before production is started. it is a major selling point, being able to have actual cars at the show and letting people actually sit in them and in a way, mess around with it. hands on i guess.
just so you guys know im not trying to start trouble, i just get frustrated when people basically shoot you down on a comment and have no proof of what they are saying. or maybe they do but they cant say.
its like saying " hey guess what just happened? oh nevermind ."

and what was the bet for? did i miss this?
We are trying to have a Camaro for folks to sit in at NAIAS. I hope it happens, if it doesn't happen it's not personal.

Jake offered a Premium Membership to the site if there's a Camaro available to get in. Take the bet, there's no downside. If you win? You win. If you "lose" you don't lose... Kind of a good deal.

Chevy doesn't want you to feel shot down. Come to Detroit. Ask to see me. I will do my best to make you feel welcomed.

Worry about finding the Camaro that is right for you. All the rest won't matter once you are at the wheel.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 12-18-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:43 AM

Fbodfather / 1Fastdog, do you guys take care of the Canadian shows too? Do you guys know if the Montreal show will have the Camaro this year ( saw the red push car in 2007, and the convertible in 2008 )... I would really love to see something different this year..... cough... Silver SS....cough !!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Admin Emeritus

are you guys planning on being at the show all week? i guess its easier for you since some of you guys live in michigan. i have a 5hr drive to get there. ill be attending just one day.
No, we will probably just be there for one day. We will organize a meet and view the car and display as a big ol' group of friends and then if we can swing it, some social activity afterward. We're working on it, you'll surely be there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 Auto Shows