2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** Camaro Launch Update *** - Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

Exclamation ** Camaro Launch Update *** - Wednesday, October 21, 2009

####################################

There are a number of changes upcoming for the 2010 Camaro production that you need to be aware of, and be able to discuss with your dealers.

The first change is there will not be a DOSP cycle this week as there are enough orders in the system to cover the necessary lead time for the plant. The next DOSP cycle will start on Thursday, October 29, 2009, which will also be the first week of allocation from the just completed consensus
cycle.

Camaro Constraints Update
For the last few weeks, there has been a constraint in place that has limited the availability of the SS (V8 models 1ES37 and 1ET37) model to approximately 50% of total available Camaro production. The constraint is due to the continued high demand for SS production. The product team has been working hard with a number of suppliers to meet the market demand for the SS model; and, in the next two to three weekly DOSP cycles, the SS model constraint will steadily increase in availability to the point where production should align with current demand.

While the SS model constraint will be minimized, a new constraint on LT models equipped with the RS Package (V6 models 1EF37 and 1EH37 with RPO code WRS) will be instituted for the next Camaro DOSP weekly cycle (the DOSP cycle beginning next Thursday, October 29, 2009). This new constraint will significantly limit the availability (0% - 10%) of the LT models with the RS Package for the next five to six weekly DOSP cycles. However, after these five to six weekly DOSP cycles, the LT models with the RS Package constraint should improve and nearly align with current market demand.

Important Note: Although there is little content difference between RS Packages for a LT (V6) model and a comparable SS (V8) model, the new constraint ONLY impacts LT (V6) models. The RS Package (RPO code: WRS) will continue to be free flow when ordered with SS (V8) model. Camaro LT models without the RS package, and all LS models will also be free flow for production.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND REPOST THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE LINK TO THE ORIGINAL SOURCE ON CAMAROZ28.COM
Again, the severity of this new RS Package constraint on LT models is only expected to last for production through the end of the calendar year. When production resumes after the planned holiday break in 2010, the availability of the RS Package on LT models is expected to improve significantly.

High Wing Spoiler Cancelled
Due to a number of issues, the dealer installed High Wing Spoiler (LPO code: 5V5) will be cancelled for the 2010 model year. If all goes well, the High Wing Spoiler will be introduced in the 2011 model year.

Orders currently on hand with the High Wing Spoiler will have the LPO code 5V5 removed and made available for submission.

Hurst Short Throw Shifter Availability
The introduction of the factory-installed Hurst Short Throw Shifter has been delayed to late Q1, 2010. Since the option code had not yet been introduced, this delay does not impact orders on hand; however, it does impact those customers who have been waiting to add the "official" Chevy accessory Hurst Short Throw Shifter to their current Camaro. The delay in the factory-installed shifter means the corresponding accessory part will also not be available until next Spring.

Aqua Blue Metallic Build Out
Aqua Blue Metallic (RPO: GBD) will end production for both Camaro and Impala the week of November 30, 2009. The last weekly DOSP cycle to submit an order for Aqua Blue Metallic will be the cycle that begins on Thursday, November 5, 2009, and concludes on Tuesday, November 10, 2009. After Tuesday, November 10, 2009, Aqua Blue Metallic will be on a full constraint, and removed from Order Workbench configurators and the Order Guide by the middle of November.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND REPOST THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE LINK TO THE ORIGINAL SOURCE ON CAMAROZ28.COM
Aqua Blue Metallic is the lowest penetrating exterior color for Camaro. This exterior color had to be discontinued to open a paint line for an exciting special exterior color that will be introduced at this year's SEMA show - Synergy Green.

Camaro Synergy Green
The new Camaro exterior color - Synergy Green - will be offered exclusively on a special edition Camaro model that will be available for ordering starting in January 2010, and will start production the following month. Specific ordering and pricing details regarding this special edition model will be provided to you in the coming weeks. In the meantime, if you would like an idea of what Synergy Green will look like, a special Camaro Synergy SEMA Concept model featuring the production exterior color will debut during this year's SEMA show (November 3 - 6, 2009). The Camaro Synergy SEMA Concept model will serve as a basis for the production model; however, the concept model will include a number of current and future accessory items that will not necessarily find its way to the special edition model.

More information on both the concept and production model will be sent to you soon.
TRANSFORMERS Special Edition Build Out
As the next Camaro special edition ramps up, production of the current Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition package (RPO: CTH) will end. The last weekly DOSP cycle to submit an order with the TRANSFORMERS Special Edition package will be the cycle that begins on Thursday, January 7, 2010, and ends on Tuesday, January 12, 2010. After Tuesday, January 12, 2010, the TRANSFORMERS Special Edition package will be on a full constraint, and removed from Order Workbench configurators and the Order Guide by the end of January.

Current estimates project about 1500 Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition package will have been produced when production ends at the end of January.

Finally, the last four months, Camaro has outsold Mustang by over 7500 units -- a remarkable feat when you consider the dominance Mustang has enjoyed in the Regular Sport Segment over the last decade. The Camaro Launch Team would like to thank you for all your efforts in making this launch an absolute homerun.

####################################
Old 10-22-2009, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:59 PM

Not surprised about Aqua Blue. I think most here guessed that Aqua Blue would be the least picked color.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:55 AM

I am surpised about the aqua blue metalic. That is a color I thought would look bad but turned out to be one of my favorite colors after seeing it in person
Old 10-23-2009, 11:05 AM

This makes my buying decision easier. I was planning to wait for HUD. (No word?) Now it looks like I'll probably wait until at least January, or may hold out until MY2011. Aqua Blue Metallic was my first choice. With it gone, I'll basically be able to see which dealer can give me the best price on a 2SS/RS L99 as color is no longer an issue with me.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Admin Emeritus

I dunno if the omission of HUD in that memo means that it won't be available.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I dunno if the omission of HUD in that memo means that it won't be available.

Oh well. At least it gives me flexibility. I may even wait for the convertible or Z/28 (if and when it ever happens).

Any word on SLP? Their website says to order at your Chevrolet dealer. Its this going be at all dealers in partnership with GM, or is only going to be at dealerships that partner with SLP? I'm kind of interested/considering a ZL427.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Any word on SLP? Their website says to order at your Chevrolet dealer. Its this going be at all dealers in partnership with GM, or is only going to be at dealerships that partner with SLP? I'm kind of interested/considering a ZL427.
I believe that it is dealerships that partner with SLP, however I am sure that if you go to your local dealership and talked to them about it, they would be interested in partnering. I belive that is how it goes. I don't know exactly for sure how that system works, I only built the site for them.