2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] Drivers Seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:03 PM

Angry Drivers Seat

I have a 2010 SS/RS Black interior. The drivers seat on the right side front near the center counsol lower edge the seat cover does not go completly over the seat frame you can touch that metal frame on the bottom part. Does anyone else have this problem the dealer says it is ok I dont like it.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:46 PM

Re: Drivers Seat

I never noticed mine I will go look
Old 11-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Has anyone checked the seat. I just want to know if I have a gripe with Chevrolet.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

I went out to my garage and felt around the front right corner of the driver seat and sure enough, I could feel some exposed metal that was not covered by material.

I don't normally reach down there anyway unless I need a Kleenex and one is not handy.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:32 PM

So I am not nuts I think this is a flaw in the cutting of the material for the drivers seat because the passenger seat is not like this it is completly covered. Any sugestions as a way to get some attention for a fix.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

I am not meaning to minimize your concerns...but if all of them are this way (and I am unsure if they are or not), it may be that way for a reason such as ease of installation.

I never noticed because I don't normally reach down there for anything, and I cannot really see how it could be a "defect" as I cannot think of a real drawback to it.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:54 AM

Well I have owned many a car and have never come across a car with the seat cushion and material not fully covering the frame of the car seat. I cant see how not covering the frame of the seat would have any play on instalation. Does anyone from GM read these post? If so maybe they can comment on this or look into it.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Admin Emeritus

Yes, people from GM read these, but they don't always comment. Sometimes, they aren't allowed as they are not the appointed spokesperson. They do take note of things, though.

How did you even find this to begin with?
Old 11-11-2010, 01:08 PM

Well I was looking for something I droped and noticed along side the seat where the seat belt is that the covering there wasent attached with some kind of plastic strip so I took it in and they fixed it. When I got home a few days later I got down and looked at the seat that is when I noticed the corner of the seat was bare frame metal. I called them up now they think I am nuts have to get the time to take it in. Just wanted to know that if they said that it is ok I have something to stand on not the old it is ok routine. I really think it is a flaw in the cutting of the material by a machine that hasent been noticed before by quality control. Maybe I should check a 2010 seat against a 2011 seat at the dealer. If a large number of seats are like this maybe they will do a recall to fix the problem. To me it is a quality issue I didnt think I was buying a new vehicle that I love with a poorley disigned crappy seat. Is there away to contact GM directly to discuss this with them?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Administrator

I have seen seats like this in many vehicles, Fords, Toyota, Dodge, and GM included. My wife works at a dealership and having a bit of bare metal under the factory seat cover that is exposed is quite common. I was checking out a leather interior on a Lexus last week and noticed the same thing and commented to my wife that I figured so called luxury cars might have included the extra inch of fabric but no... It is a common thing in many cars since that area is not "visible."
Old 11-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

Here's your answer...
I did verify that it was designed so that the fabric on the front seat only covers down to the frame on the side of the seat facing the console. Since it is a very tight, confined area, it did not make much sense to have the fabric extend and wrap around the side frame that no one can see.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the reply makes me wonder how many other corners where cut because no one can see it. It isnt that tight my hand fits down there vert easy.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 PM

I have the same issue with the drivers seat in mine. The seat material just came right off the frame. No clue what to do but oh well .... will live with it.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:41 PM

Wel I dont buy a car for that kind of money to have a seat that isnt covered corectly and I see I am not the only one. I will figure out away to get GM to step up to the plate and take a look at the issue and fix the problem. It takes the owners to complain to the company to get it fixed. Why would you want to live with a issue of quality.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:49 PM

It is missing about 3 inches of material not covering the frame or seat springs not just the bottom of the frame.

Quick Reply: [Interior] Drivers Seat